Warning: Graphic Content -- Catastrophic Leg Injury at #ACA161

Timestamped the slowmo version of the incident - it starts at the takedown

Hmm.... seems to me like the knee joint got loose before he even rose up from that takedown. When he did rise up, he placed his weight on his already very loose knee joint (we are talking torn ligaments here) and since there was nothing holding the knee joint together, we witness the knee joint come apart - the angle at which he put his weight on the knee joint definitely made it worse.

For anyone curious - lol - I have 2 knees which have the same missing ligament. To me, it happened when I was 18 or so - first one knee came apart, a few months later, the second knee came apart. Oddly enough, no sports were involved - they just.... became loose - running was not an option.
I went to a doc, he said it's a torn ligament - they replaced one ligament, but after a few weeks of physiotherapy, it came apart again. The doctor said that the reason why ligaments are not holding in place is because the knee joints are not properly developed. There should be like a capsule formation, where tibia goes into femur, but in my case there's no capsule formed (which is odd, because I was able to play sports without any issues until the age of 18). So - I stopped physio - and didn't bother with sports again. I do wonder if the knee replacement surgery would have been the best solution when encountering this type of issue. I never did find out - nor was that ever offered. (just googled it - looks like running sports are not a thing with knee joint replacements, so it wouldn't solve much - lol - they keep talking up progress in medical technology, but in reality..... anyways)

When that ligament is missing, walking is still possible without any issues - walking downstairs though - you gotto be careful, because if the joint is loose and you step when it's not properly aligned, you'll experience pain unlike anything you've ever experienced before. In fact, it happened to me once - the pain was such that my vision blanked out - everything was dark, and there was loud noise in my ears - that lasted maybe 1 minute? Surreal experience.

Last edited:
Way way worse. In Weidman case it was just the tibia and what's around it. In this one his knee is shattered. Like shattered. He needs the best ever surgeons and physiotherapists ever if he wants to walk again in 2 or 3 years

Yep, it seems like fixing bones and maybe even reinforcing them with steel planes is something we got a handle on, but knee joints is something docs still struggle with to this day. Knee replacement joints are apparently poor substitutes, too - if google is correct.

Knee replacement joints are apparently poor substitutes,
Seen 4 knee replacements in my circle of friends over the last 8 years. The "mechanics" of the knees being removed and the new "knees" put in have performed beautifully. It literally changed their knees into working, and walking, better than their original ones.

Seen 4 knee replacements in my circle of friends over the last 8 years. The "mechanics" of the knees being removed and the new "knees" put in have performed beautifully. It literally changed their knees into working, and walking, better than their original ones.
how about running and doing heavy weights?

how about running and doing heavy weights?
All of those were done on physical guys, one who lifts heavy engine parts for a living & had both done at once to save on surgery costs.
None have had Any Complaints - other than wishing they had done it sooner.

can they exercise? Like running and jumping and squatting and such ? play soccer ?

Edit: my bad saw you already answered

And the poor guy was still eating shots after. This has to be the most taxing sport on the body. Mad respect to all fighters.

family-guy-ouch.gif

Back