What should be next for Shavkat if Belal gets the title shot?

Striker Fox

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Should he wait for the winner of Edwards/Belal, or should he fight Usman in the meantime?

I'm sure some will say Shavkat and Usman won't fight because they trained together in the past, but Shavkat's manager asked the UFC for Usman or Wonderboy a few months ago:

Personally hoping they make Belal vs Edwards, then have Shavkat vs Usman as the co main sometime next spring.

I’ll take any combo

Belal/Shavkat vs Leon/Karamu

I do think Belal should get it first. I don’t even like Belal much and think the fight will be meh. I’m a huge Shavkat fan of many years and even my biases won’t deny Belal.

That being said the quality of opponents Shavkat has finished, his overall run and not already seeing him getting tooled by Leon and sleep walking through a fight with a one armed opponent……..

Shavkat 100% finish rate outside and inside the UFC

Belal 21% finish rate in the UFC and slightly higher overall

I think they’ll make the Leon/ Belal fight, which I see looking very similar to the Colby fight on the weekend. Shavkat also has a foot or ankle injury which might keep him out for a while.
If Burns beats Della Maddalena maybe Shavkat v Burns for a number 1 contender fight 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think Shavkat might have an injury to deal with so he might be out a bit.

Last edited:
Since Belal deserves the next shot, he should probably sit unfortunately sit.

I think they’ll make the Leon/ Belal fight, which I see looking very similar to the Colby fight on the weekend. Shavkat also has a foot or ankle injury which might keep him out for a while.
If Burns beats Della Maddalena maybe Shavkat v Burns for a number 1 contender fight 🤷🏼‍♂️
They both have Henry Hooft as head coach
And Rakhmonov is injured and then entering Ramadan. I don't think he's fighting before June

They both have Henry Hooft as head coach
And Rakhmonov is injured and then entering Ramadan. I don't think he's fighting before June
He fought Neal last March around Ramadan, so maybe might not be a problem

He didn't appear to be limping or anything so hopefully he'll be healed up soon

He's going to have to fight one more time no matter what imo, if he can't get someone like Usman or Covington next he'll have to settle for someone like Brady.
Watching Colby get beat down and finished would be amazing, but can't imagine him ever taking a fight against Shavkat. Colby's already begging for Wonderboy Lol

Usman
Colby
JDM/Burns winner
Garry if he finishes Neal(not edges DEC)

I want to see him win 1 more fight against a top 5 guy. Beating 40 year old Wonderboy isn't worthy a getting a title shot imo. And if is look out because Colby will fight him next lol.

Usman or Burns, and if he wins, then shitle tot.

He's going to have to fight one more time no matter what imo, if he can't get someone like Usman or Covington next he'll have to settle for someone like Brady.

Would like to see (especially at the top of the divisions) winners to fight winners; and losers to fight losers so that we get more movement in the rankings.

He fought Neal last March around Ramadan, so maybe might not be a problem

He didn't appear to be limping or anything so hopefully he'll be healed up soon
I think it was the last card before Ramadan
May be he will try to be on the Saudi card to be paid free of tax

I've said it before and I'll say it again : Shavkat should fight Colby.

Shavkat is a stud but still not well know enough by casuals like he deserves to.

Him destroying Colby inside two rounds will be his breakthrough to the general public. He'll be on everyone's map.

Then give him a title fight in the fall and it will be massive

I'm sure I share a lot of your guys sentiments in saying I'm sick of this waiting game. Belal will have waited like a year and a half to fight for gold. Please Shavkat don't wait in line. I'm also sick of all these WWs training together. They're all in the top. That's why Garry and Luque were gonna fight

So maybe Vincente Luque. I don't think Shavkat should really be going back in rankings but he nearly deserves a title shot. He's 18-0 all finishes. Nows not the time to wait out for a whole year+

Either Luque or Burns. I wouldn't be upset if he waited for Belal/Leon winner as long as that fight happens on schedule.

Unless it's a big time fight against Colby he should probably just wait it out. Pretty sure he has to get surgery for the injury he has so no telling how long he will be out

Back