What would the reaction be if Jon beats Stipe, sticks around, and then decisively beats Tom?

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

Which of the following narratives would be the most prevalent?

1. Tom was never that good
2. USADA left so Jon's dirty
3. Fight was rigged
4. Jon still "ducked" Francis
5. Change topic by bringing up Jon's past controversies
6. Fedor/GSP/Khabib is still Goat

If Jon Goat Jones beat Top Bloke Aspinall then he is the undisputed GOAT. Thats the only thing I am annoyed at Jon if he doesnt defend against Aspinall.

No need to fight Francis. Francis main weapon which is boxing already got exposed by Joshua, his main skill which is power got exposed by Poatan and Rodolfo Belato. He was never that good but thrived cause HW was always been a shit division with lack of talent pool.

If Francis ever comes back to MMA and dare to fight Goat Jones or Top Bloke Aspinall they both destroys him any day mark my words.

Stop being silly. You word it as if people wanting Jones to defend against the interim champ instead of Stipe who hasn't won a fight in 4 years and is 42 = people hating on Jon Jones... The champ shouldn't have any say in who they fight, if you're the champ you should have to defend against the most deserving contender that earned their title shot, otherwise what's even the point of having belts?

And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

Which of the following narratives would be the most prevalent?

1. Tom was never that good
2. USADA left so Jon's dirty
3. Fight was rigged
4. Jon still "ducked" Francis
5. Change topic by bringing up Jon's past controversies
6. Fedor/GSP/Khabib is still Goat

Beating Stipe and Aspinall don’t add much to all the true greats Jones has already beaten.

Icing on the cake i guess.

The unification of the belts would solidify and legitimize Jones' run at heavyweight. Hard to argue against him in the GOAT discussion if that happens.

but it won't happen, so GSP > Jones.

I wouldn’t care much either way. I just want the champ to fight the interim champ or the #1 contender, that is all. A year and a half between fights while holding the belt is bad as is, but “defending” against a retired fighter is worse. Jiri and Hill looking like idiots for vacating the belt.

Back