Fighting Games Discussion

Who did you play as in 3rd strike? I do enjoy watching that big 3rd STrike tournament that happens in Japan every year.
Mained Dudley for years, then 2013 came and I hadn't played for a while and just played Ken because I didn't have to remember any character specific combos, nor did I have to play rock paper scissors when I was trying to get in on Chun. There isn't a great ton of stuff to remember with Dudley, but he actually requires effort in matchups where Ken, Yun, Akuma, Urien, Chun, Makoto, really don't. At least not the amount of effort necessary to be successful vs competent players. Also having an SGGK character is super helpful, and converting off of parries with Ken is almost never the wrong move because his oki is insane, especially in the corner. Basically you can OS your opponent to death and if they're smart you're back at neutral and Ken excels there. Win/win character.

Coop cup is always fun. I think the past few years it really showed that it isn't just Chun/Yun/Ken. For years I've been telling anyone who's interested that most of the cast is viable. I mean Oro vs Chun went from 8-2 to 6-4 with tech and experience. It really is the best fighting game ever.

Mained Dudley for years, then 2013 came and I hadn't played for a while and just played Ken because I didn't have to remember any character specific combos, nor did I have to play rock paper scissors when I was trying to get in on Chun. There isn't a great ton of stuff to remember with Dudley, but he actually requires effort in matchups where Ken, Yun, Akuma, Urien, Chun, Makoto, really don't. At least not the amount of effort necessary to be successful vs competent players. Also having an SGGK character is super helpful, and converting off of parries with Ken is almost never the wrong move because his oki is insane, especially in the corner. Basically you can OS your opponent to death and if they're smart you're back at neutral and Ken excels there. Win/win character.

Coop cup is always fun. I think the past few years it really showed that it isn't just Chun/Yun/Ken. For years I've been telling anyone who's interested that most of the cast is viable. I mean Oro vs Chun went from 8-2 to 6-4 with tech and experience. It really is the best fighting game ever.
I like watching the youtube clips of Third Strike and watching some of the best Q (kuroda), Hugo (YSB) and Alex players. I think RX was another player i would watch and he played Urien.

Speaking of Dudley, I loved watching Smug when he played Dudley in SF4

I like watching the youtube clips of Third Strike and watching some of the best Q (kuroda), Hugo (YSB) and Alex players. I think RX was another player i would watch and he played Urien.

Speaking of Dudley, I loved watching Smug when he played Dudley in SF4

I think Christian was actually a better Dudley than Smug. Kuroda was just amazing at 3rd Strike, he had a sexual offender case for trying to get with a high school girl get dropped a couple years ago. He's a weirdo lol but really good at 3rd Strike. Genki is an amazing Alex player if you wanna check him out. RX was really fun to watch, Roshihikari was amazing too but I think he switched to Chun a way back. There's a bunch of good 3rd Strike players. Just a boomer game at this point lmao.

I prefer playing fighting games with friends in person rather than online so I never cared too much about the online scene but I've been a big fan of the genre since it's inception. I have nearly every fighting game working on my PC.

Currently my favorite fighting game especially against people in person is Hellish Quart which is still in early access but is the most realistic sword combat game of all time and is being made by the guy who did the character models for The Witcher III, and also has the same music producer. It's $13.25 on Steam right now if you have a PC go get it.

They keep adding in new characters with weapons and styles.

watch

Also, what is SonicFox playing? is he still winning every NR game tournament, i know he won a DBZ evo title, did he get into GG

SFA2 monthly steaming on d44bas' channel

Mortal Kombat MKX and 11
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Soul Caliber VI
Virtual Fighter V

I absolutely love Guilty Gear Strive. One of the most fun fighting games ever and the netcode is great. Got to VIP with May last month and struggling to get back in. The towers system is goofy and there’s a lot of ducking but at the same time it’s fun and for addicting.

I absolutely love Guilty Gear Strive. One of the most fun fighting games ever and the netcode is great. Got to VIP with May last month and struggling to get back in. The towers system is goofy and there’s a lot of ducking but at the same time it’s fun and for addicting.
I’m waiting to save up some money then buy it for pc

I've been away from the Fighting game scene for awhile and just seeing what people have been playing lately. I know GG Strive just came out, how is everyone feeling about that game? Is Tekken and SF still going strong? I know MK11 announced they are done supporting the game and working on their new Project (most likely Injustice 3), any under the radar games that we should be playing?

Any word on EVO this year or is it cancelled again? Just thought we could have one spot in the forum to discuss anything related to fighting games in general

-Guilty Gear- I play Guilty Gear Strive daily, staying ranked around the Top 280-320 of the Celestial Floor at the moment. Main character is almost level 700 now (lol). Game is great, netcode is 10/10. A bit more offensive-based than my usual favorite types and #NerfSol, but the game is really good for any level of player.

-Tekken- After two decades I've finally quit Tekken. Just too much selling out for OP dlc to "nerf" later only to be replaced by the next busted dlc, and the game is no longer character-unique for a 50 character roster (everyone having amazing wall carry, similar mixups, one optimal for each situation, etc). The name Tekken used to mean something. It's not Tekken anymore to me, which I can't believe I have come to this.

-MK11- NRS has formally abandoned MK11 support after two year, when two years ago they said they'd support for many years. Not only did they abandon, but they gave crap support with only two real patches, some fixes, sold you dlc, only patched Sheeva stop after some non-FGC Youtubers got stomped in an exhibition a million months after everyone else complained, and called you entitled for expecting them to live up to 20% of their word. I actually dropped MK11 early on, and plan to skip the next NRS game. I'm a harsh critic of anti-consumer practices and they were about as anti-consumer this go around as they come.

-Street Fighter- It's SF. Still going strong, you get what you get. At this point you either love it or hate it, but it's SF lol.

-DBZ- They are all playing GGST.

-Samurai Shodown- Amazing game, entire community is dead due to the 1998 You Got Mail dial up netcode.

-EVO- It's online this year. <DisgustingHHH>

Man writing that out, lots of lost opportunity there. Fortunately the Lord and Savior Guilty Gear has a chance to clean house with a few quality of life patches and continued support.

-Guilty Gear- I play Guilty Gear Strive daily, staying ranked around the Top 280-320 of the Celestial Floor at the moment. Main character is almost level 700 now (lol). Game is great, netcode is 10/10. A bit more offensive-based than my usual favorite types and #NerfSol, but the game is really good for any level of player.

-Tekken- After two decades I've finally quit Tekken. Just too much selling out for OP dlc to "nerf" later only to be replaced by the next busted dlc, and the game is no longer character-unique for a 50 character roster (everyone having amazing wall carry, similar mixups, one optimal for each situation, etc). The name Tekken used to mean something. It's not Tekken anymore to me, which I can't believe I have come to this.

-MK11- NRS has formally abandoned MK11 support after two year, when two years ago they said they'd support for many years. Not only did they abandon, but they gave crap support with only two real patches, some fixes, sold you dlc, only patched Sheeva stop after some non-FGC Youtubers got stomped in an exhibition a million months after everyone else complained, and called you entitled for expecting them to live up to 20% of their word. I actually dropped MK11 early on, and plan to skip the next NRS game. I'm a harsh critic of anti-consumer practices and they were about as anti-consumer this go around as they come.

-Street Fighter- It's SF. Still going strong, you get what you get. At this point you either love it or hate it, but it's SF lol.

-DBZ- They are all playing GGST.

-Samurai Shodown- Amazing game, entire community is dead due to the 1998 You Got Mail dial up netcode.

-EVO- It's online this year. <DisgustingHHH>

Man writing that out, lots of lost opportunity there. Fortunately the Lord and Savior Guilty Gear has a chance to clean house with a few quality of life patches and continued support.

Thank you for that. Is potemkin any good in strive?

I should jump back into street fighter for some matches and see how I do.

Thank you for that. Is potemkin any good in strive?

I should jump back into street fighter for some matches and see how I do.

Potemkin is pretty solid. Middle of the pack-ish. Seems in this game every Character has a legit shot to win with the exveexcep of Sol being too strong and Faust being too weak.

If you're interested in getting back into the SF now is better than ever. The state of the game is infinitely better than it was a few years ago.

Back