Fighting Games Discussion

Potemkin is pretty solid. Middle of the pack-ish. Seems in this game every Character has a legit shot to win with the exveexcep of Sol being too strong and Faust being too weak.

If you're interested in getting back into the SF now is better than ever. The state of the game is infinitely better than it was a few years ago.
awesome, always liked watching Grappler players dominate in games

Waiting for a good game to jump back in.

Street Fighter 5 sucks.
Mortal Kombat 11 is fun for a few hours, but nothing that I really want to dive deep into.
Anime fighters with air dashes, combo breakers etc. are not really my thing, usually lose interest quickly.
Tekken 7 is great but I'm more into 2D fighting games.

Skullgirls:2nd Encore on PC will now be at EVO this year too as a main event game and the PS4 version will be part of the Community Series Event too.

good to know. I need to know if the Gief players are still rocking Gief or if they went to to Abigail. Is Alex any good yet? i did see some Dhalsim clips few weeks ago and people saying he was top tier.

Also i know we have a Sherdog forum poster who played in the MK tournaments during EVO, wondering if he's doing it this year (reptile main)
@Minnja

good to know. I need to know if the Gief players are still rocking Gief or if they went to to Abigail. Is Alex any good yet? i did see some Dhalsim clips few weeks ago and people saying he was top tier.

Also i know we have a Sherdog forum poster who played in the MK tournaments during EVO, wondering if he's doing it this year (reptile main)

That's me. I played MK11 offline pretty much up until COVID hit. I placed 65th at EVO (out of 1800 or something) and was doing well in my local. Tbh though my desire to get good dropped pretty fast after EVO. I kept playing because I enjoyed my local scene but I could not play online much anymore because the game mechanics really started making it unenjoyable for me. It's a good game but there are several things that kind of just killed it for me after the first couple of months of dedicated play. I am not entering it for Online EVO this year.

I'm playing a lot of Strive now. Entered three online tournaments yesterday and my best placing was 9th/96. Enjoying the game a lot and feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of the shit I could be doing. While I feel pretty decent against a lot of players, I could feel the pretty big skill gap between me and the true top 8 players.

That's me. I played MK11 offline pretty much up until COVID hit. I placed 65th at EVO (out of 1800 or something) and was doing well in my local. Tbh though my desire to get good dropped pretty fast after EVO. I kept playing because I enjoyed my local scene but I could not play online much anymore because the game mechanics really started making it unenjoyable for me. It's a good game but there are several things that kind of just killed it for me after the first couple of months of dedicated play. I am not entering it for Online EVO this year.

I'm playing a lot of Strive now. Entered three online tournaments yesterday and my best placing was 9th/96. Enjoying the game a lot and feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of the shit I could be doing. While I feel pretty decent against a lot of players, I could feel the pretty big skill gap between me and the true top 8 players.

Your name looks familiar, is it the same online? Are you on the Celestial Floor a lot? I'm an Axl player on Celestial level around 900, SaltShaker, in case you've bumped into me.

Your name looks familiar, is it the same online? Are you on the Celestial Floor a lot? I'm an Axl player on Celestial level around 900, SaltShaker, in case you've bumped into me.

Nah my gamertag is CitizenSNIPS. I am on celestial on console. I have the game on PC too but haven't played it yet. I could really use some Axl matchup XP would you be down to play sometime?

Nah my gamertag is CitizenSNIPS. I am on celestial on console. I have the game on PC too but haven't played it yet. I could really use some Axl matchup XP would you be down to play sometime?

Hmm, doesn't sound familiar I think. Who do you use?

I am the Axl playstyle of Axl playstyle btw. Full on KeepAway/Zoning/Running. Only pointing that out because some people have been have the "not real fighting" mentality and will refuse to play. I play Zoners in every fighter.

Edit: wait I've definitely seen that name before lol but not sure if we've played. Add me: AoN_SaltShaker

Hmm, doesn't sound familiar I think. Who do you use?

I am the Axl playstyle of Axl playstyle btw. Full on KeepAway/Zoning/Running. Only pointing that out because some people have been have the "not real fighting" mentality and will refuse to play. I play Zoners in every fighter.

Edit: wait I've definitely seen that name before lol but not sure if we've played. Add me: AoN_SaltShaker

Hahahha I mean I'm not a big name player or whatever at all so I wouldn't expect you to know my GT unless you happened to play me before. I'm level 200 something with May, still learning a lot and by no means playing super optimally but I also need to work on certain matchups as I'm just clueless in some. And yeah, that's fine play Axl as he's intended to be played. I been playing fighting games forever I understand the different strategies and archetypes.

Hahahha I mean I'm not a big name player or whatever at all so I wouldn't expect you to know my GT unless you happened to play me before. I'm level 200 something with May, still learning a lot and by no means playing super optimally but I also need to work on certain matchups as I'm just clueless in some. And yeah, that's fine play Axl as he's intended to be played. I been playing fighting games forever I understand the different strategies and archetypes.

That's awesome. Yea the main way to learn is grinding MUs. I used to get utterly destroyed in the Sol MU because he's so dominate but now I purposely go fight Sol's to own them lol. May is really, really good though. I mess around with her a bit but nothing too crazy. Also with Millia and Zato. My list of main Characters is like this:

GGST: Axl
MK11: Cetrion - I won TYM's first tournament with Cetrion 3-0 in Grand Finals :D The video is still around too I think.
Tekken: Julia (I don't know what happened here lol)
SFV: Menat
KOF: Athena + team
Injustice 2: Dr. Fate

So no secret in playstyle here lol.

Virtua Fighter PS4 was free on Playstation Plus.
It was better than I expected.

Virtua Fighter PS4 was free on Playstation Plus.
It was better than I expected.

Yea it was really good. Had it not came out at the same time as GGST I'd be playing it a lot.

Been a long time since I've fired up SFV. Last place I got to was Ultra Plat with my Zeku. 4-2 @ EVO and made it out of pools, nbd lol. I just got burnt out on it, but I had fun playing it. I might go back but I'm having fun running through my single player catalogue. I'll be jumping on SFVI. I'm curious what that's going to look like.

never really played any fighting games (aside from renting Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter on weekends as a kid), but got interested in Strive and have been playing it a lot lately. i'm garbage, bouncing between floor 6 and 7, but really enjoying learning the game and fighting games in general.

never really played any fighting games (aside from renting Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter on weekends as a kid), but got interested in Strive and have been playing it a lot lately. i'm garbage, bouncing between floor 6 and 7, but really enjoying learning the game and fighting games in general.

I like to think of myself as someone who is generally good at all types of games. I can pick up pretty much anything and i'll be good... unless it's a fighting game. Technically i haven't played one in over a decade but when i did i was so bad i can't imagine i'd be any better now. I do love the look of GG Strive though.

Also, even though i don't play fighting games i still occasionally watch events like EVO and TWT. My favourite fighting game event was when Rangchu bullied an entire Tekken tournament with Panda, what a glorious site.

For anyone who is interested but hasn't seen it -

Back