I just refered to someone as a 'young man'

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Mother of pearl! It's over for me bros. I am legit an old man.

Was getting tires installed and I asked a question. Referencing a previous conversation, I said ' and the young man said,'

I stopped in my tracks mid sentence and said out loud 'did I just call him a young man?' Guy behind the counter looked as disappointed in me as I was.

It's metamucil and poly grip time for me lads.

Hold onto your youth!

3m2ryssxmss71.jpg

Was getting tires installed and I asked a question. Referencing a previous conversation, I said ' and the young man said,'

I stopped in my tracks mid sentence and said out loud 'did I just call him a young man?' Guy behind the counter looked as disappointed in me as I was.

Hold onto your youth!
Looks like we have another Get Off My Lawn gang member.

Last edited:

Hold onto your youth!
I had to look up poly grip (thankfully). Was expecting something to help with deadlifts or fixing cars.

Hold onto your youth!
There's no need to feel down, I said...

I remember my grandpa telling me about this kid he would invite into his garage for a beer when he would walk by his house. I'm like gramps you can't be offering kids beer and you shouldn't be talking to other people's kids anyway. He's like what's the problem? Kid was in his 60s.

Hold onto your youth!

Lol don't forget the Rogaine and Depends.

Hold onto your youth!
I hear ya. But context matters, specifically your age and that of the said 'young man'. I personally know of an instance where a fellow in his late 50s was referred to as a young man. He took it in stride though as the other gentleman was in his 90s.

I had a convo with a young man yesterday. I was surprised he was as hateful as my grandfather. The whole time I am like how you gay as hell and still hateful against people who are also discriminated against.

I gotta rethink this view that the youth are going to lead us to the future. I am going back to the ideal that we are all scum.

Shertherapist here. It is not over for you. I suggest you Kanye West it.

Look in the mirror and say 'you're awesome' at your reflection 500x each morning.

Back