Movies Obscurish good movies

They did Legend too... Surreal
yes! and Sorcerer, Risky Business, Near Dark, Vision quest.... they were very active scoring films during the late 70s and across all the 80s
Loved their Street Hawke theme too!

yes! and Sorcerer, Risky Business, Near Dark, Vision quest.... they were very active scoring films during the late 70s and across all the 80s

Lost Highway... Great soundtrack
Conan... GOAT

Nemesis is another good one. Low budget, cyberpunk Gold from the early 90s.
th
I forgot about this movie. Reminds me of "Split Second" for some reason.

A memorable contribution to Three O'Clock High as well...

Innerspace

It wasnt a mega hit at the time(not a flop either) but I'm surprised really how forgotten its become although I spose you could say the same for a lot of "family" blockbusters from that era, the late 80's/early 90's was a bit of a resurgance for R rated films or stuff like Batman which got as close as it could.

Not that many family films post 85 have really held up in populairty, mostly the sequels to earlier stuff liek Indy and Back to the Future, Home Along and Roger Rabbit.

Spilt Second really I view as more like Big Trouble In Little China or a film version of Red Dwarf, its a comedy playing up pulpy genre cinema but doing it straight.

View attachment 982247

Hilarious and totally under appreciated movie. If you want to see a great comedy that’s witty and well acted, enjoy this hidden gem.

I met Lolita Davidovich who is in this movie while working at a restaurant in Toronto. Really nice woman. She couldn’t believe that I liked this movie lol. I agree, it is under appreciated.

I didn't get to finish Split Second. That movie feels like it drags on.
I dont remember either of them. I think split second has a xenomorph kinda monster in the sewers. Its been 30 years give or take. Im gonna watch nemesis tomorrow night :)

gonna add the new Dungeons and Dragons to the list. It's unexpectadly good

Threads (1984)

This British film is a cold, clinical portrayal of the lead up to a nuclear attack on a civilian population, and the terrible aftermath. The lack of a musical score gives it a documentary feel. Some consider it more of a horror movie than a disaster movie. A kind of nightmare. Utterly bleak, with no levity or sentiment.

Full movie on Youtube:

Yeah it's a pretty good example of what can be achieved with virtually no budget at all. There was one unintentional laugh though...right when the bomb hits it shows a bunch of quick flashes of the devastation and one of the shots is E.T. melting. I couldn't tell if it they were trying to pass it off as a person.

My Life
The Man Without a Face
Mimic
Moon Over Parador
Let it Ride

Back