Movies Predator Franchise - More on the way!!

I agree with most of what your sayin,but a predator size of a regular human would kill the fun of it being a predator movie. Its like theres no reason to make it then.

Thank you for agreeing with most of my post, but I disagree it would kill the fun.

Imagine the predator in Prey was female, the same size as the male natives, but still slaughtering the male natives & french hunters throughout the movie. It'd display that size doesn't matter much, but killing ability.

Personally, watching Prey and seeing the Predator being constantly stabbed & shot with arrows throughout was more discrediting to it being a legitimate threat, than if it was a smaller female but more efficient hunter.

In the original Predator, that Predator got through most if the movie completely unscathed before the final fight with Arnie, with the exception of a stray bullet from 'ol faithful' that caught his lower leg.

Thank you for agreeing with most of my post, but I disagree it would kill the fun.

Imagine the predator in Prey was female, the same size as the male natives, but still slaughtering the male natives & french hunters throughout the movie. It'd display that size doesn't matter much, but killing ability.

Personally, watching Prey and seeing the Predator being constantly stabbed & shot with arrows throughout was more discrediting to it being a legitimate threat, than if it was a smaller female but more efficient hunter.

In the original Predator, that Predator got through most if the movie completely unscathed before the final fight with Arnie, with the exception of a stray bullet from 'ol faithful' that caught his lower leg.
It got hit with stuff,but it didnt stop it. It also didnt have any armor on like the classic predators did.

It was maybe a less experienced hunter than the other ones. I dont mind them goin through a different tone. This was way better than AVP which has 2 of the 3 predators getting iced in the first half hour after they appear.

Also the first movie,the predator was "new"

we barely even knew what it looked like,so they could play it off like that. You gotta use it a little different going forward. The Predator in Predator 2 took alot of damage once Harrigan was able to confront it directly. The appea' there though was that it can take it and keep fighting. Losing an arm to the pred was only a minor inconvenience.

Fuck that Lore. That lore is stupid. We can throw all that shit in the trash. Where it belongs.
The lore is what kept these franchises going. It patches a lot of holes within the story. This stuff is not new. A lot of it was written in the 80s and 90s. There is debate over what is cannon or not since the franchise switched hands.

The lore is what kept these franchises going. It patches a lot of holes within the story. This stuff is not new. A lot of it was written in the 80s and 90s. There is debate over what is cannon or not since the franchise switched hands.
Who you talkin to? I am an ardent dark horse comics reader since '91

I wipe my ass with all of that fan fiction shit that you read about on these wiki pages.

If it aint in the first two predator movies it can stay in the trash. The fuck do I care what a bunch of nerds wrote in their spare time.

All of that shit simply gets in the way of making good films,and thats all that matters,not the multitude of comics good and bad that contradict each other.

It got hit with stuff,but it didnt stop it. It also didnt have any armor on like the classic predators did.

It was maybe a less experienced hunter than the other ones. I dont mind them goin through a different tone. This was way better than AVP which has 2 of the 3 predators getting iced in the first half hour after they appear.

Also the first movie,the predator was "new"

we barely even knew what it looked like,so they could play it off like that. You gotta use it a little different going forward. The Predator in Predator 2 took alot of damage once Harrigan was able to confront it directly. The appeak there though was that it can take it and keep fighting. Losing an arm to the pred was only a minor inconvenience.

All good points.

I still maintain a female Predator in a movie could still be pulled off well, without major contradictions in the lore.
*Different sub-species.
*Different tribe.

And one of the reasons Aliens movies have become stale is because we've seen Xenomorphs so much they're now in fighting games.

OIP.OwpTQ8gzEJrXby6vxJuCMgHaKE

I'm thinking a female Predator, if different than the males, could be a needed dose of creativity and mystery the Predator franchise needs.

Because at this point... male Predators are boring.

Who you talkin to? I am an ardent dark horse comics reader since '91

I wipe my ass with all of that fan fiction shit that you read about on these wiki pages.

If it aint in the first two predator movies it can stay in the trash. The fuck do I care what a bunch of nerds wrote in their spare time.
If you read the comics then you will know it’s part of the content. It’s not fanfict. The only movie that doesn’t respect any of it is the 2018 movie about autism.

All good points.

I still maintain a female Predator in a movie could still be pulled off well, without major contradictions in the lore.
*Different sub-species.
*Different tribe.

And one of the reasons Aliens movies have become stale is because we've seen Xenomorphs so much they're now in fighting games.

OIP.OwpTQ8gzEJrXby6vxJuCMgHaKE

I'm thinking a female Predator, if different than the males, could be a needed dose of creativity and mystery the Predator franchise needs.

Because at this point... male Predators are boring.
Wrong. Dead wrong.

The Xeno and the Predators are NOT boring. They just have to be used correctly.

Prey is a better movie than most of the other sequels because it goes back to why the first movie was so good. Not because it's different. They dont need to change that much,they really dont.

Just give us a different playground,and maybe some new weapons,and the respect it deserves and i'm in,every goddamn time.

Thats what I want. These other movies they move away from the essence.

Unless you want Predators to have dog pets,and have sub species that are 20 feet tall. Do you bro.

If you read the comics then you will know it’s part of the content. It’s not fanfict. The only movie that doesn’t respect any of it is the 2018 movie about autism.
The comics all contradict each other. There's no reason to respect them all as canon.

When it comes to the movies,they shouldnt respect the comics whatsoever.

The comics all contradict each other. There's no reason to respect them all as canon.

When it comes to the movies,they shouldnt respect the comics whatsoever.
You are taking some dumb shit. You do this oh I been reading dark horse flex since the 90s then you backtrack when I tell you it’s from dark horse comics. Just say you want the series your way then.

You are taking some dumb shit. You do this oh I been reading dark horse flex since the 90s then you backtrack when I tell you it’s from dark horse comics. Just say you want the series your way then.
Im not backtracking. I read them.

They contadict each other. Imagine using "the deadliest of species" as canon

ROFL

Im not backtracking. I read them.

They contadict each other. Imagine using "the deadliest of species" as canon

ROFL
OK Mr. I been reading this since the 90s. Come on man. LOL

some of those ideas are stupid and the movies shouldnt be bound to them

OK Mr. I been reading this since the 90s. Come on man. LOL
Well I have? Should I pretend I didnt read them so it doesnt hurt your feelings?

Well I have? Should I pretend I didnt read them so it doesnt hurt your feelings?
That wasn't your premise before you started your bullshit. Just say you want it your way.

That wasn't your premise before you started your bullshit. Just say you want it your way.
I dont know what you mean. I read the comics. I dont think the movies should be bound to the comics. There are too many of them,written by different authors,and they contradict each other.

Would you like me to draw you a picture?

Some of those comics were awesome,like the original AVP miniseries.the Eternal 4 parter,and Batman vs Predator was surprisingly incredible....but as good as those all were,they dont need to be canon. Why? They just basically took the AVP minseries and stole most of those ideas and threw them in the first AVP movie. Whats the point of making things canon when they just re-do those ideas with different characters in different settings? It might as well not have happened at all then. And that is as it should be. The movies shouldnt be bound by the hundreds of predator comic book stories that all have their own universes that rarely tie together and contradict each other plenty of times.

I dont know what you mean. I read the comics. I dont think the movies should be bound to the comics. There are too many of them,written by different authors,and they contradict each other.

Would you like me to draw you a picture?

Some of those comics were awesome,like the original AVP miniseries.the Eternal 4 parter,and Batman vs Predator was surprisingly incredible....but as good as those all were,they dont need to be canon. Why? They just basically took the AVP minseries and stole most of those ideas and threw them in the first AVP movie. Whats the point of making things canon when they just re-do those ideas with different characters in different settings? It might as well not have happened at all then. And that is as it should be. The movies shouldnt be bound by the hundreds of predator comic book stories that all have their own universes that rarely tie together and contradict each other plenty of times.
So whoever makes the movies can do what they want. I must thank you for autism predator then. Good Job HHJ. You are the man.

So whoever makes the movies can do what they want. I must thank you for autism predator then. Good Job HHJ. You are the man.
They already do what they want. Predators and Predator 2018 did whatever they wanted.

Prey actually tried to respect what the original Predator movie was,and thats all that truly matters,not the comics.

They already do what they want. Predators and Predator 2018 did whatever they wanted.

Prey actually tried to respect what the original Predator movie was,and thats all that truly matters,not the comics.
We just have to disagree on this. You want a slasher/horror film and I would like to see more world building. There is no point going around in circles.

We just have to disagree on this. You want a slasher/horror film and I would like to see more world building. There is no point going around in circles.
I'm flexible to a point but yeah I think we have to agree to disagree. I still respect that you like this shit enough to argue about it.

Props.

predator-predator2.gif

Back