Movies Predator Franchise - More on the way!!

Nah the first one is legit great how it puts stereotypical 80s action heroes into a horror movie after they accomplish their original mission.
Some of them were sterotypical 80s action heroes. They rounded it out pretty good.

Plus Carl Weathers and Bill Duke were def capable of picking up the slack of dramatic acting that the others didnt have the chops for. Made a big difference.

Wrong. Dead wrong.

The Xeno and the Predators are NOT boring. They just have to be used correctly.

Prey is a better movie than most of the other sequels because it goes back to why the first movie was so good. Not because it's different. They dont need to change that much,they really dont.

Just give us a different playground,and maybe some new weapons,and the respect it deserves and i'm in,every goddamn time.

Thats what I want. These other movies they move away from the essence.

Unless you want Predators to have dog pets,and have sub species that are 20 feet tall. Do you bro.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Prey was a good retread of the original, to remind audiences of what made the original great, but what its missing is mystery & suspense. Male predators are a known commodity, and we need something unknown to make proper suspense for the audience.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Prey was a good retread of the original, to remind audiences of what made the original great, but what its missing is mystery & suspense. Male predators are a known commodity, and we need something unknown to make proper suspense for the audience.
It can be unknown without exposing the Predator's lore though. Eventually you strip away any and all mystery,you aint gonna be left with much. I feel like making a unique situation with the Predator involved rather than the Predator's motivation/backstory would be be better.

Some of them were sterotypical 80s action heroes. They rounded it out pretty good.

Plus Carl Weathers and Bill Duke were def capable of picking up the slack of dramatic acting that the others didnt have the chops for. Made a big difference.

Carl and Bill were great but I also think it was some of the best acting I've seen from Arnold and Jesse the Body. They weren't leaving a lot of slack that needed picked up. I think Sonny Landham's best performance was Lock Up but Predator might be 2nd.

Reactions: HHJ
Carl and Bill were great but I also think it was some of the best acting I've seen from Arnold and Jesse the Body. They weren't leaving a lot of slack that needed picked up. I think Sonny Landham's best performance was Lock Up but Predator might be 2nd.
The part when Bill was grieving for Blain and Carl was like "MY MEN WERE IN THE CHOPPER WHEN IT GOT HIT!" is just stuff Arnold couldnt do. At least not yet. Arnold did great for what he could do. The guy is charisma personified.

Sonny did really good,he played it 100% serious.

It can be unknown without exposing the Predator's lore though. Eventually you strip away any and all mystery,you aint gonna be left with much. I feel like making a unique situation with the Predator involved rather than the Predator's motivation/backstory would be be better.

'Exposing the lore' is extremely vague.
Is showing a female Predator who's smaller & just as vicious... and potentially completely different.. really 'exposing the lore?'

Motivation/backstory? Predator2 & Predator revealed they're goup of hunters per ship, potentially hunting in packs large game. That added to the lore beyond just being lone hunters, and there's different tribes that can be at war with eachother.

Wouldn't say all of that ruins the mystery of the species.

Would it really be that bad if this was in the next Predator film?

679dbdc8bd5dd6bc1ef23211785150224ffbdef4.jpeg

R.c3ade1ce375a419d748f9a3fe9dd4ede

e5620db2205fb7d41949bdc49c6dccd7.jpg

Possibly different technology/weaponry?
A completely different face?
Perhaps a lack of honor, to differentiate themselves from the males?

It has potential, and doesn't deserve to be prejudged.

A completely different face?
Perhaps a lack of honor, to differentiate themselves from the males?

It has potential, and doesn't deserve to be prejudged.
I dont like it,but i didnt like the premise of Prey either,when I heard it,and it turned out better than I thought.

It just seem like a too obvious thing to do, hold off,lets fix this franchise a bit further.

WE ALMOST THERE

baroque-rich.gif

The part when Bill was grieving for Blain and Carl was like "MY MEN WERE IN THE CHOPPER WHEN IT GOT HIT!" is just stuff Arnold couldnt do. At least not yet. Arnold did great for what he could do. The guy is charisma personified.

Sonny did really good,he played it 100% serious.

Yeah I think the Arnold from something like Sabotage would have done subtle stuff better than he did in the 80s. But Arnold was better than maybe any other candidate for the broad strokes required for Predator...lifting a torch and roaring and such. By Predator he was already doing that stuff more believably than he did in Conan.

Yeah I think the Arnold from something like Sabotage would have done subtle stuff better than he did in the 80s. But Arnold was better than maybe any other candidate for the broad strokes required for Predator...lifting a torch and roaring and such. By Predator he was already doing that stuff more believably than he did in Conan.
Oh no doubt. He was the perfect force of nature that could take on the Predator believably. Here he had an opponent who was physically bigger than he was and it brought out a different side than what we are used to seeing.

It just seem like a too obvious thing to do, hold off,lets fix this franchise a bit further.

Fix this franchise a bit further?

Another re-tread of the original?

We need something new.

Oh no doubt. He was the perfect force of nature that could take on the Predator believably. Here he had an opponent who was physically bigger than he was and it brought out a different side than what we are used to seeing.

Heh a different kind of villain than Bennett in Commando (a random Dad in chain mail).

Heh a different kind of villain than Bennett in Commando (a random Dad in chain mail).
Remember when he punches the Predator and actually stuns it for a sec. The Predator is like "..." and tries to fix his mandibles and then smacks the shit out of him.

This is the kind of extra touches that most of the other films are missing.

This whole fight is glorious. The one improvement in the newer movies is how well the predator can move (and fight) in them. In this the guy is only capable of smacking arnold around,but the way it's shot is still great

You mean like the one people actually like past 1990?

yes,please.

Funny thing... I'd say AvP Requiem does more for the Predator franchise than Prey.

A lone hunter takes on a nest of xenomorphs and fights the Predalien, who's larger, to a standstill.

Funny thing... I'd say AvP Requiem does more for the Predator franchise than Prey.

A lone hunter takes on a nest of xenomorphs and fights the Predalien, who's larger, to a standstill.
Shite film.

Only one worse is the 2018 abomination.

Shite film.

Only one worse is the 2018 abomination.

I've said this more than a few times, and I'm sticking by it -

Watch AvP Requiem, skipping every scene a human isn't killed off.

For 2007, it was the best movie if either franchise in 15 years, both that were practically dead franchises in Hollywood until the AvP movies caused new interest. Both were quite profitable, and even if they're critically panned. Predators (2010) wouldn't have been made if they both bombed... and probably Prometheus.

Oh, and both AvP films > Alien3, Alien Resurrection, The Predator (2018). I'd say Predators was marginally better, barely.

was that girly predator version any good? I know the trailor was shitted on, but if it's good and tits and ass, then.......
Not really. Somehow a girl with no modern weapons did better agsinst the creature than a full armed (mid 80s arms) Arnold . I guess you really shouldn't ever underestimate GIRL POWER.

I've said this more than a few times, and I'm sticking by it -

Watch AvP Requiem, skipping every scene a human isn't killed off.

For 2007, it was the best movie if either franchise in 15 years, both that were practically dead franchises in Hollywood until the AvP movies caused new interest. Both were quite profitable, and even if they're critically panned. Predators (2010) wouldn't have been made if they both bombed... and probably Prometheus.

Oh, and both AvP films > Alien3, Alien Resurrection, The Predator (2018). I'd say Predators was marginally better, barely.
Who gives a fuck,they all went to the movie and said wow what a piece of shit. So what that they had the idea to make AVP films,of course it will generate interest,no shit sherlock. Doesnt make those movies any good,or make me wanna fuckin watch em,which is the point.

The Disney writers/screenplay folks/producers are dumb af. They’re gonna do the same thing with Predator that they did with Star Wars: ignore the 10+ years of comics & novelizations that expanded the lore of the IP only to make films that’re creatively bankrupt just to milk the franchise outta as much profit as possible.

It’s no wonder Godzilla: Minus One shat all over most of the latest superhero films. Cuz Toho knows how to handle their IP & spin solid tales without pandering to some woke nonsense & ignoring any interesting tales that could be told just to appease their stakeholders

Back