AEW Full Gear 2023 Official PPV Discussion Thread

I watched it! Just couldn't go on sherdog while I was watching it because I was watching it on my phone.

I hope everyone enjoyed the card! That Hangman v Swerve deathmatch might be one of my favourite hardcore matches ever. Swerve just stapling himself and Hangman drinking Swerve's blood was crazy. Right man won too imo

TBS title match impressed too, and the ladder match was great

Would've loved to just see a dope wrestling match with these two without all the extra shit. But the crowd is red hot for it, so once again I'm the out of touch one.
Was thinking the same, but he had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand. Hard to argue against that. Also made it so anything could have really happened and it would have made sense.

Read MJF was bawling on the scrum, so I tuned in, and he is in fact bawling.

Guy is crying like baby, the fuck?

Overall a good card as AEW ppvs usually end up, the main event though felt way to jam packed with randomness and all we ended up with was Jay White losing. Also that Tombstone was crazy.

Apparently MJF is crying because his hip is out of place and hurts bad and he started bawling harder when he started talking about how hard guys put their bodies on the line and said guys like him and Swerve Strickland are the best in the world for what they do for the business.

He finally quit crying now.

Apparently MJF is crying because his hip is out of place and hurts bad and he started bawling harder when he started talking about how hard guys put their bodies on the line and said guys like him and Swerve Strickland are the best in the world for what they do for the business.

His jew gimmick is getting out of control!

So Adam Cole couldn’t “get cleared” to defend his ROH tag title but could for MJF’s world title while being in a boot and on crutches?

What?

How many times will the ROH and NJPW Openweight title change hands in the CC?

IMG_6335.png

Darby is apparently going to TRAIN in China to climb Mount Everest. That’s more believable than flying out after his ppv to just go climb.

I blame Shiavone for the confusion.

fv3ljGq.png

Imagine Roman Reigns going to a press conference and literally crying and whining like this

I very much enjoyed Full Gear. Most of the matches delivered.

The 6 man to start was very good in spite of noted sex pest Flair. Christian was fantastic!

Mox vs OC was good. Looks like a rubber match is in order!

Women's title match was fine. A tad unfortunate at the end.

Ladder match was very good. Rush was over af. Some cool spots.

TBS match was fine.

PIPE DOWN BRUV. I howled. Good signing. Should be fun.

Swerve vs Hangman. My fucking god. They brutalised one another. This was incredible. Very shocked Swerve got the win. He's the fucking guy. I really, really, really hope they don't squander this.

Poor Elite. Had to follow that. Ah well.

Main event was there. This has been the worst booked MJF thing I can recall. Overbooked, illogical. Total mess. Really hope that what he does next is much, much better. Nothing about the devil? Bah!

So Adam Cole couldn’t “get cleared” to defend his ROH tag title but could for MJF’s world title while being in a boot and on crutches?

What?
I was laughing that Adam Cole was allowed to compete in the main event, but everyone was trying to stop MJF while he was coming out. He could at least stand on both feet.

The hardcore weapon blitz matches have their place (and fans) but in general I lose interest when the glass, tacks, staples, pizza cutters, light tubes and other objects come out. It happens too much and makes the schtick go from unique and oh my god to seeming like a crutch. I know some people love it and I don't fault them, everyone gets to like whatever they like about wrestling and clearly some people go gaga for this stuff. But for me it will never be something that makes a match better.

Back