Rewatch Alessio Sakara doing what he does best. Box your head and body off, then finds way to lose

Man is one of the reasons I got into MMA (the other is Korean Zombie). He got very popular on Italian trash TV at some point.

Man that takes me back. Drew Fedries was in some very entertaining fights. Dude had legit KO power and still kept his office day job.

Until we got Marvin, Sakara was the great Italian hope. I had high expectations for him. He absolutely looked the part, but just couldn't deliver in the fights that mattered. Still waiting for our first Italian champ :(

McFedries' fights were always fireworks if they stayed on the feet.

Mcfedries was a bad dude. He wasn't the best fighter, and left himself out of position a lot with his aggression. But man if he connected some shots on you and stung you it was an avalanche of offense. Alessio found that out the hard way,

Yup..

Too bad his career ended, before Bare Knuckle got huge. Hell maybe he could still fight right now at his age, in that organization.

Edit- GUESS NOT! :eek:

Article from just yesturday!

Felony-image.png

Allegedly, McFedries engaged in a physical confrontation that left another individual with severe injuries, including a broken skull and fractured jaw after a punch to the head…
Resulting in a brain bleed.

Law enforcement responded to the scene around 2 a.m., finding the victim unconscious.
Subsequently, the injured person was rushed to a local medical facility and later transferred to the University of Iowa Hospitals due to the seriousness of the injuries.

McFedries was taken into custody on April 30, booked into the Scott County courthouse, and charged with willful injury, a class C felony carrying a potential sentence of up to 10 years in prison.

He posted a $10,000 cash bond and was released the same day.

Last edited:
Yup..

Too bad his career ended, before Bare Knuckle got huge. Hell maybe he could still fight right now at his age, in that organization.

Edit- GUESS NOT! :eek:

Article from just yesturday!

Felony-image.png

So in a way he IS going the bare knuckle route.

Mcfedries was a bad dude. He wasn't the best fighter, and left himself out of position a lot with his aggression. But man if he connected some shots on you and stung you it was an avalanche of offense. Alessio found that out the hard way,
He had that thudding power, where it didn't look like it hit crisp and snappy but you can just see the life force drain from the person he was connecting with. Then he'd gas and get choked out. His fight with Kampman is when I started becoming a Kampman fan (still will always love watching Hendricks get battered for what he did to my boy.)

Wasn't that the guy Lorenzo loved because he was Italian
Yup. This guy got so many chances and career reinvention with ufc it was crazy.

And we belived it everytime he could put a few wins together.

He was also used at the same time as a big threat to new guys like Houston and mcfedries

Lmao at Sakara just going to his back not even pulling guard lol

Man that takes me back. Drew Fedries was in some very entertaining fights. Dude had legit KO power and still kept his office day job.

Until we got Marvin, Sakara was the great Italian hope. I had high expectations for him. He absolutely looked the part, but just couldn't deliver in the fights that mattered. Still waiting for our first Italian champ :(
Fedries holy shit! Blast from the past

Disco Drew Mcfedries

I loved watching Sakara fight, win or lose. His fight with leben was a brawl!

Back