ALEX PEREIRA vs. JAMAHAL HILL (Who Wins?)

ALEX PEREIRA vs. JAMAHAL HILL (Who Wins?)

• Alex by Decision

• Alex by KO

• Draw

• No Contest

• Jamahal by Deceision

• Jamahal by KO

Results are only viewable after voting.
First of all, let me just say that Alex Pereira was not "fast tracked" to a title.
Alex was a proven Glory MW and LHW Champion, for many years.
He was not some 22-year-old boy "just starting out" ... with no track record ... so there was no need for Alex to "face everyone in the division" like he was some greenhorn ...

Alex had a few MMA fights, then a few UFC fights, all non-contenders, and then he beat the #5 MW contender (and, now, current MW Champion) Sean Strickland, KO'ing his ass.

After the Izzy loss, and due to Dana White pushing Alex to move up, Alex then immediately challenged the #3 LHW contender (and former LHW Champion) Jan Błachowicz, beating his ass.

The UFC would be crazy to waste a talent like Pereira, a proven Champion, in the twilight of his "window of opportunity," by having him face several palookas.

All of us have been enriched by Alex Pereira, a true fighter, a true sportsman, and a stoic professional in- and out-of the cage.

I actually believe Alex is the most talked about MMA fighter today ...

That said, the Jamahal Hill fight is interesting.
Hill actually has 0 previous fighting experience, and only began his MMA career 6 years ago.
He actually looks a little fat, and has a "tennis ball head" sitting atop a pencil neck.

However, despite Hill's lack of overall experience, compared to Pereira, Jamahal seems to be a dog.
Loves to fight, is unafraid, and he seems to have legit one-punch KO power himself.
Hill is also is very quick.

To me, Hill's greatest assets against Pereira are his speed, sneaky counter-hooks, and his lllooonnnggg right cross (Pereira's nemesis w/ Izzy).

For Alex Pereira be considered "the legit" LHW Champion, he has to beat Jamahal Hill.

On Pereira's side, he has a far more multi-dimensional set of kickboxing tools than Hill.
Pereira's leg kicks, his switch-knees, his clinch work, and (of course) his fabled left hook are all elements that can put Jamahal Hill down on the ground, for good.
Also, Pereira's experience (maybe not the UFC, but overall) in "going the distance" — especially in title fights — are also far greater than the comparative-novice, Hill's.

I've got Pereira, by 3rd-round KO.

Who you got?
Though I agree with most of what you said, he was definitely fast tracked.
He was submitted in his first Pro MMA fight in an obscure promotion, 3-1 when he debuted in the UFC, went to a decision against Bruno Silva and beat a relatively unknown Sean Strickland to get a title shot.
Without his rivalry in kickboxing with Izzy who had pretty much cleaned out the division, Poatan wouldn’t have been granted the title shot. Still, Poatan beats Hill Rd. 2 KO.
Just ask Merab or Belal if he was “fast tracked.”

first of all no one literally cares if ur the world kickboxing champion

this is mma

and alex has been obviously fastracked
please stop the bs

Alex is probably the best striker in the history of the sport so far. I mean he's not just powerful, he is remarkably precise, even more so than Silva/Israel. I don't know enough about Hill's ground game, but if he's even remotely proficient, he should hit that as hard as he can. Even Jiri, arguably the most wild and unpredictable fighter, wasn't able to get the "puncher's chance" win. Not to say Hill can't find that, but it's just not likely.

No matter what it's going to be an awesome fight. And while I believe that Alex will win pretty handily, I wouldn't put serious money on it.

This is probably one of the dumbest takes Ive seen on this forum, and I've seen alot. Best striker in history of sport? And Im picking him to win of what its worth, but this is about as far from the truth as you can get. Opinions aside you can't say shit like this and expect people to take you seriously or want to have an actual conversation about MMA.

Gonna go with Jamahal even though he is coming off a serious injury.

I feel like if he touches Alex's chin, it might lead to a KO due to all the prior damage he has taken.

What do you mean Alex has to beat Hill to be the “legit” champion? It’s the other way around. Alex beat Jan and Jiri, Jiri was the true champion. Hill was never the legit champion, Jiri vacated, Ank vs Jan was a draw, so they gifted Hill Glover who was coming off a war with Jiri. Alex is the legit champ.

If Hill has an answer for leg kicks, then he wins, if not then he loses

Gonna go with Jamahal even though he is coming off a serious injury.

I feel like if he touches Alex's chin, it might lead to a KO due to all the prior damage he has taken.
Yeah, "all the prior damage" - a single KO on a f'n warrior...wanna do an AV bet ? It'll be my first one.​

If this were a kickboxing match, Hill would have no chance of winning. But in an mma fight, I think he has the advantage. I think he's going to lean on Alex and grapple a lot. When Alex is tired from grappling, Hill will be able to stay on the outside and pick him apart. Alex won't be able to counterstrike. He'll be too worried about stopping takedowns. I also think that Alex's chin is suspect and wouldn't be surprised if he's knocked out early by Hill.

Agreed.

Each fighter has the ability to KO the other.

Jamahal is aggressive and, seemingly, fearless ... but so was Procházka — until he faced Alex.

Standing in front of that giant man, with incredible skills, savvy, and power just "seems different" for his foes ... and they all get caught eventually.
Jiri fought like a retard. Bull rushing with top of his head while looking down winging punches.

Jamahal fights at range. Neutralizing Alex's primary weapons. Dont be surprised if Hill sets up Alex the same way Izzy did.

I’m no expert on either fighter; one thing that sticks out to me is the level of their opposition—Hill seems to have faced fading fighters, while Alex faced and beat top competition who are in their prime or close to it.

I will be surprised if Hill can win this fight with striking. I suspect he will need to get takedowns to win.

"Dont be surprised if Hill sets up Alex the same way Izzy did"

What the fuck sport are some of you watching before making comments like that? Seriously Hill is sloppy, always look sloppy, yet so many actually thought he was going to beat a 2 division glory champ, and the guy whos the best striker the sport has ever seen? 🤣

This is probably one of the dumbest takes Ive seen on this forum, and I've seen alot. Best striker in history of sport? And Im picking him to win of what its worth, but this is about as far from the truth as you can get. Opinions aside you can't say shit like this and expect people to take you seriously or want to have an actual conversation about MMA.
Unrelated to the outcome of this fight, but name a better striker that has ever been in the UFC outside of arguably Semmy Schilt.

Back