ALEX PEREIRA vs. JAMAHAL HILL (Who Wins?)

ALEX PEREIRA vs. JAMAHAL HILL (Who Wins?)

• Alex by Decision

• Alex by KO

• Draw

• No Contest

• Jamahal by Deceision

• Jamahal by KO

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Alex has this, he has the momentum going for him right now and his left hook is going to sleep Hill who loves to have his hands low, I do think that Alex was fast tracked to a title, but to be fair, each division has it's own circumstances, Izzy was running MW beating everyone, some ppl twice, Alex killed Sean which earned him his shot at Izzy and we all know that backstory, a good story sells, also at LHW; that division is ass, Jiri was on the shelf, as was Hill and I think a few fighters were injured or not good enough to get there yet, Alex barely got by Jan, but yet the belt was vacant, someone needed to face Jiri for it, IF Alex was in a lighter weight class like 155 or below, he wouldn't get the shot as fast since those divisions are deeper in talent

Alex is currently the best striker in MMA period and is probbaly the top 3 of all time. Only Anderson and Machida can be in the same mix.

Huh?

Alex has faced 40 elite Glory kickboxers, and won 2 World Championships.

Nobody in the UFC has faced the level of striking Alex has faced and already conquered.
MMA striking is significantly different though. Rooting for Alex but Hill doesn't have to learn everything in the striking book to be effective.

I honestly don’t know how Hill wins fights, let alone became champion. Technically he’s a mess, physically he’s a mess, emotionally he’s a mess.. Alex surgically KOs him stiff.

2 big mofos who like to trade hands …

Doesn’t matter Alex is more technical…. I’d bet him all day in a kickboxing match with boxing gloves ….but 4 oz gloves is a completely different game

With 4 oz gloves it’s who lands first …. Odds should be fairly even because either capable

To think otherwise would be dumb

I’d just bet some kind of under 3 rounds prop or fight to end in a KO …. Can’t see either taking many shots from each other

I'm talkin' about wrasslers and getting taken down. Like I said, and I agree with you, Poatan handles Hill . What we haven't seen is someone that will take Poatan down and lay some G&P on him.
We’ve already seen 2 former champions in Jan & Jiri try, it’s not Pereira’s fault the 205 category lacks real actual wrestlers.

I think Alex needs to work on his blocking. (He's used to the bigger gloves in kickboxing that help his defense) but good luck exploiting that. Only Izzy did that and was still on the brink of defeat. I'll take Alex by KO. Could see him holding the belt for awhile.

MMA striking is significantly different though. Rooting for Alex but Hill doesn't have to learn everything in the striking book to be effective.
I think you could argue that Alex has always actually been quite a MMA like striker even when he was kickboxing, he's never tended to depend on a high guard or throwing long combos, lower hands, powerful lowkicks and counter punches.

His main issue in MMA I would say is that he's had to fast track his grappling in his mid 30's has become rather more hittable because he's sometimes having to focus on the takedown threat,

I think you could argue that Alex has always actually been quite a MMA like striker even when he was kickboxing, he's never tended to depend on a high guard or throwing long combos, lower hands, powerful lowkicks and counter punches.

His main issue in MMA I would say is that he's had to fast track his grappling in his mid 30's has become rather more hittable because he's sometimes having to focus on the takedown threat,
Agree. At his age, he only has 2 grappling template to choose: Chuck Lidell sprawl/TDD or Charles Oliveira's idc about your takedowns, I will scramble/sub you anyway type of confidence. And you have to be grappling your whole life to be like Do Bronx.

Alex looks like a caveman, but he's actually intelligent when he's on his game. Izzy's also complexly/insecurely intelligent.

Hill, I'm not convincing enough after seeing how easily he got emotional and mad with fans.
To me, Hill is very inexperience and amateur, his tool bag isnt deep enough.

Agree. At his age, he only has 2 grappling template to choose: Chuck Lidell sprawl/TDD or Charles Oliveira's idc about your takedowns, I will scramble/sub you anyway type of confidence. And you have to be grappling your whole life to be like Do Bronx.
To be honest I think he is actually not a million miles from Chuck, his striking is technically better with much better lowkicks but he has that same ability to catch people with counter hooks as they come forward and very much focused on "see the punches coming" rather than trying to slip them. Grappling wise as well he's very much "just stand up", I don't think he's as good a wrestler as Chuck was but focused a avoiding being control which is probably a smart thing in a division without many great submission fighers to punish it.

To be honest I think he is actually not a million miles from Chuck, his striking is technically better with much better lowkicks but he has that same ability to catch people with counter hooks as they come forward and very much focused on "see the punches coming" rather than trying to slip them. Grappling wise as well he's very much "just stand up", I don't think he's as good a wrestler as Chuck was but focused a avoiding being control which is probably a smart thing in a division without many great submission fighers to punish it.
Pretty sure Glover picked up some technique or 2 while he was Chuck's sparring partner, but having Hackleman during camps would be helpful.

Actually, we've seen people try, and Alex handles it, gets back up, and fukking beats their ass after that.
Well mainly because none of these guys can wrestle lol.

But fair play to Alex. In previous years the 205 lb division always had strong wrestlers. Right now there just aren't any.

Even guys like Bader, Phil Davis, and Cory Anderson could show Alex a level of wrestling that he couldn't possibly defend with a few years training.. but fortunately for Alex none of those guys are in the UFC right now. So he really does have free reign over the division for the time being.

I don't see anyone at 205 that I would actually favor to beat Alex right now. Hill included.

Its a tricky fight for Alex, he doesnt have the best chin
Why because Izzy flattened him ? Well Izzy hit him with a wind up bomb on button an it still didn't drop him it stunned him. Then he hit Alex with another bomb and that put him out .

Alex doesn't have a bad chin at all.. Gaethje or Colby would of been shadow realms after that too

Jamahal needs to fight like how Masvidal fought Till to get past the 2nd RD.

Quick realization, adapt to "I got nothing to lose" mindset, lure him in, constantly firing from different angles, roll with opponents' shots making him comfortable then counter, fake throw then counter based on the variety he hits you with, mix punches and kicks with grappling, setup shots and counter per time you got hit, evade, blitz, hop in and out. Never a direct confrontation when you're outsized, outkicked, and outpowered.

With this fight coming up, anyone's opinion changed since this thread ?

Hill hits hard and he'll have his hardest test to date, can't see him beating Alex.

To me, Hill is very inexperience and amateur, his tool bag isn't deep enough.
Agreed.​

Back