Alexandre Pantoja says Sean O’Malley wanted to quit rough sparring session

Winner?

• Total voters
First time this guy has been mentioned in Sherdog since got the title.....Not a good sign

He should have kept this to himself but if he's going for attention go for it. Both guys are absolute killers so I have no doubts either of them could fuck the other up on any given day.

Yeah but in Sean’s mind, that wasn’t a loss

So TLDR, Pantoja and O'Malley are 1-1 and he wants a rubber match for the the bantamweight belt?

Stop trying to make this a thing. Both have plenty of work in their own divisions.

I don't blame O'Malley if he did quit. Who needs to take unnecessary punishment in a sparring session? Maybe he was having a bad day, just like Pantoja said he did the first time they sparred. He said, she said, blah, blah, blah! Put them in the Octagon together, then all the bullcrap will be settled. Until then, shut the F up!<45>

It wouldn't surprise me. The only time we saw Sean in real trouble, he wilted and just threw a fit about the stoppage after.
That being said, it's a sparring session. Don't be a cunt and brag over it.
Didn't Sean brag about knocking someone out in sparring?

Pantoja is really reaching for those grapes and trying to make his wine by bringing up gym sparring stories to get a money fight against Sean

Gym stories are always funny. The people who buy them are the common dupes who've never trained a day in their lives and have zero concept of the work and repetition it takes to compete at any level. The reason you don't often hear fighters bringing up that sort of bullshit is because of that shared knowledge and common respect, so this isn't really a good look for Pantoja, but the nimrods of the fan base don't know any better.

TLDR: everyone gets hurt in training, and many people look great in the gym but can't bring it to light in competition.

Didn't Sean brag about knocking someone out in sparring?
Probably. I typically avoid listening to any of them talk.
I remember learning years later that GSP got knocked out hard in camp a couple of weeks before his fight with Hardy, resulting in the grapple heavy gameplan. That's the way it should be done. You find out a decade after that someone beat someone else.

"Not a game; not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last, not the game, we're talking about practice, man."

Someone could be injured, tired, didn't want to risk injury sparring and not get paid, or just have different philosophy to sparring. Sparring means almost nothing when you aren't sure both sides are going hardest.

It wouldn't surprise me. The only time we saw Sean in real trouble, he wilted and just threw a fit about the stoppage after.
That being said, it's a sparring session. Don't be a cunt and brag over it.

His leg gave out ans he got finished. Where is wilt in that

Yan hit him hard and he kept coming

Now he's champ

But I had Yan winning that

Back