Countering the lowkick with the spinning back kick

That's a really good and opportunistic application of the technique.

Is it requisite on absorbing the kick on a failed check?
Can you do it after successfully checking with your shin?

Very hard to pull off, I'd expect since you are pivoting on a potentially compromised leg.
Still, early in a fight it could discourage your opponent from throwing too many more, and if it lands perfectly, it could be a fight ender.

The curse of the leg kick is that it costs very little in terms of effort and the rewards are plentiful, so unless there is a cost associated with using it, it gets spammed. As part of your defense, this looks great.

I'd agree with @jitzmonkey you need to check the kick first instead of just eating it.

Thanks for sharing, sir.

That's a really good and opportunistic application of the technique.

Is it requisite on absorbing the kick on a failed check?
Can you do it after successfully checking with your shin?

It was a semi failed check, that kinda pushed me into a angle perfect for throwing a spinning back kick.

So muscle memory kicked in. Going with the flow.

Very hard to pull off, I'd expect since you are pivoting on a potentially compromised leg.
Still, early in a fight it could discourage your opponent from throwing too many more, and if it lands perfectly, it could be a fight ender.

The curse of the leg kick is that it costs very little in terms of effort and the rewards are plentiful, so unless there is a cost associated with using it, it gets spammed. As part of your defense, this looks great.

I'd agree with @jitzmonkey you need to check the kick first instead of just eating it.

Thanks for sharing, sir.

I would it would be more difficult to pull this off from a successful check. It would be a clumsy "delay" before i could do the spinning kick.

It was a semi failed check, that kinda pushed me into a angle perfect for throwing a spinning back kick.

So muscle memory kicked in. Going with the flow.
Re failed vs. partially failed: totally agree.

I'd imagine that it wouldn't work super well if you ate it (even with your weight off your lead leg; but I've never attempted that, myself.

If I understand this correctly, missing the check (+/-) turned your lead hip over just enough to put you in the perfect position to land the spining back kick

Any other outcome wouldn't have put you in position to execute so perfectly.
I would it would be more difficult to pull this off from a successful check. It would be a clumsy "delay" before i could do the spinning kick.

if it kick landed on your checking calf, would the rotation of your left foot be too severe to properly execute?

BTW, great post !
This is the type of stuff that we need on this forum.

The scenario's for this to be usable and to actually work would be few and far between. Good move thou.

I'd imagine that it wouldn't work super well if you ate it (even with your weight off your lead leg; but I've never attempted that, myself.

If I understand this correctly, missing the check (+/-) turned your lead hip over just enough to put you in the perfect position to land the spining back kick

if it kick landed on your checking calf, would the rotation of your left foot be too severe to properly execute?

BTW, great post !

would there even be time to do the spin and land it if it's actual fight speed on the kick and also the guy doesn't just stand still in front of him after throwing his leg kick like a sack of potatoes

BTW, great post !

Yeah. If you think about this as a 2D animation, the kick pushed me into the first frame of the spinning kick move.

From a correctly done check, the best follow up would be a jab cross combo, or a step in left knee to the body.

would there even be time to do the spin and land it if it's actual fight speed on the kick and also the guy doesn't just stand still in front of him after throwing his leg kick like a sack of potatoes
Definitely not later on unless the opponent is dead tired.

I could see it working if the opponent is in the "feeling out" sort of stage; or just gets lazy.

Solid point on your part, though!

The scenario's for this to be usable and to actually work would be few and far between. Good move thou.
The fact that you're correct and that all the wild Anthony Pettis showtime KOs/knockdowns, Jorge's Flying destruction of Askren, Buckley's spinning ninja kick, Yair's ducking upward elbow, etc... exist are not mutually exclusive.

I like to shoot the lead leg, the leg that just checked, straight into a front kick to the body before setting it back down. I let the leg check, become my “chamber” for the front kick since the knee is bent and you are already there beside adjusting the angle

You can catch them clean as they begin to set the “kicking leg” back down

It's the potato quality videos he always uploads you can't see shit lmao. Guy is still using the same digital camera he got for Christmas when he was 12.

I read this in Paulie's voice and it made me laugh

Back