Country F'n Music

Hey guys, Im actually an amature country musician and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my next song that I havent released yet from some sherdog country fans. Its on a google forms and the song is in the link. This isnt a scam, im actually a sherdogger and shooper lol. if you have time, just trying to get better as a musican it would be much appreciated . I hope this is ok? im not selling shit. Its just a link to a private soundcloud page from a google form.

I guess its like a folk/country/rock song. ******** Keep in mind the mix is rough and the vocals in the mix have just a rough mix on them.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...fn1vHgsE5reJjJNdLr1kudWPa1rtQ68CAlSi2EJOtPboY

Thank you to everyone that has left constructive feedback so far. Very appreciated

Last edited:
Hey guys, Im actually an amature country musician and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my next song that I havent released yet from some sherdog country fans. Its on a google forms and the song is in the link. This isnt a scam, im actually a sherdogger and shooper lol. if you have time, just trying to get better as a musican it would be much appreciated . I hope this is ok? im not selling shit. Its just a link to a private soundcloud page from a google form.

I guess its like a folk/country/rock song. ******** Keep in mind the mix is rough and the vocals in the mix have just a rough mix on them.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe97-53IuggpsaZO0YBSyTMwRBsOv8iwCqkVDmAIrrwrIlSGw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR3Od0ga2OjTugfn1vHgsE5reJjJNdLr1kudWPa1rtQ68CAlSi2EJOtPboY

Thank you to everyone that has left constructive feedback so far. Very appreciated

Not bad it’s better than some opening acts that play at the big rodeos here. I dig it.:confused:<5>

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...fn1vHgsE5reJjJNdLr1kudWPa1rtQ68CAlSi2EJOtPboY

It sounds to me like it's a mash up of 3 or 4 songs that are randomly intertwined together. It's like you're doing George Strait, Springsteen, Mellencamp and then Elvis randomly. I really like the little lead in the intro. Kind of sounds like it could be a George Strait intro from back in the day. I'm not sure what you'd have to do with the mix but it would be cool if it just hit harder and more pronounced.

The vocal melodies are confusing and difficult to follow on the first listen. You've got some good stuff in there and some not as good stuff. The part at :21 with the rasp sounds good. I'm not sure what the lyric is, might be "one tonight" but it's at :32. Personally, I'd take that same exact 3 syllable melody and repeat it again at :37 to give the chorus a little more cohesiveness. It might even sound cool if you did it a 3rd time in the chorus but tweaked the melody slightly on the 3rd one so it's not too repetitive and then throw the closing melody on there after that. Maybe that would make it too poppy and not quite what you're after?

You've got a good voice. Springsteen/Mellencamp is definitely in your wheelhouse.

It sounds to me like it's a mash up of 3 or 4 songs that are randomly intertwined together. It's like you're doing George Strait, Springsteen, Mellencamp and then Elvis randomly. I really like the little lead in the intro. Kind of sounds like it could be a George Strait intro from back in the day. I'm not sure what you'd have to do with the mix but it would be cool if it just hit harder and more pronounced.

The vocal melodies are confusing and difficult to follow on the first listen. You've got some good stuff in there and some not as good stuff. The part at :21 with the rasp sounds good. I'm not sure what the lyric is, might be "one tonight" but it's at :32. Personally, I'd take that same exact 3 syllable melody and repeat it again at :37 to give the chorus a little more cohesiveness. It might even sound cool if you did it a 3rd time in the chorus but tweaked the melody slightly on the 3rd one so it's not too repetitive and then throw the closing melody on there after that. Maybe that would make it too poppy and not quite what you're after?

You've got a good voice. Springsteen/Mellencamp is definitely in your wheelhouse.

Thanks for the indepth feedback!! Ya i see what you mean, I am trying to reign in my voice too much in some spots and then letting go in others. Totally see what you mean. Im going to try that suggestion about the repeating the 'someone tonight' at the 37 mark'
and love the springsteen/mellencamp refference

cheers dude! this helps more than you know!

New Charley Crockett album is out. Saw him again last weekend, and wow. Dude is on a crazy trajectory. Upgraded entire stage show in-between the 6 months from the last time I saw him. Think he sold out every show this tour. Vincent Neil Emerson was his opener this go round, which was awesome.

Kind of more southern rock, but boy does this upcoming Marcus King album sounds like its going to be something else.

Bonnie is always as much folk and blues as country, but I think this one counts:

Saw the Cody Jinks concert . I gotta say he puts on IMO the best show in country music right now. If you like REAL country .

Going to see Stspleton at Wrigley tonight

Saw the Cody Jinks concert . I gotta say he puts on IMO the best show in country music right now. If you like REAL country .

Going to see Stspleton at Wrigley tonight
Cody jinks is amazing…..I just saw 49 Winchester, Shane smith and the Saints, and Whiskey Myers. Absolutely amazing show.

Back