Country F'n Music

Cody jinks is amazing…..I just saw 49 Winchester, Shane smith and the Saints, and Whiskey Myers. Absolutely amazing show.
Would love to see Whiskey Myers if there ever near Chicago. Cody Jinks situation is a strange. He's either the best or one of a handful who are the best country singers right now. And he gets virtually zero air play ....... yet sells out almost every where he goes fast even places like Red Rocks. since he's said fuck you to the Nashville Row n their brand of "country" and has been vocal about it noone plays him. It's a shame as other than maybe Stapleton noone in country can touch him in terms of talent. Tyler Childers is right there as well. Of the main stream country singers Morgan Wallen n Eric Church are decent but not in the Cody,Tyler,Stapleton caliber.

Whiskey Meyers is great but other than a few songs is more Southern rock.

Would love to see Whiskey Myers if there ever near Chicago. Cody Jinks situation is a strange. He's either the best or one of a handful who are the best country singers right now. And he gets virtually zero air play ....... yet sells out almost every where he goes fast even places like Red Rocks. since he's said fuck you to the Nashville Row n their brand of "country" and has been vocal about it noone plays him. It's a shame as other than maybe Stapleton noone in country can touch him in terms of talent. Tyler Childers is right there as well. Of the main stream country singers Morgan Wallen n Eric Church are decent but not in the Cody,Tyler,Stapleton caliber.

Agree. They bounce between southern rock/country….although I really enjoy them I really wanted to see Shane smith and the saints. And most of the country I listen to isn’t played much on the radio…if at all. Supposed to see Cody johnson November 19. Never seen him before.

BA333F30-A649-418A-8636-4E0510B02C2D.jpeg

Saw Whiskey Myers last May, and they are easily in the top three bands I’ve ever seen live. And I’ve seen everything from Pearl Jam to Metallica to Tool to George Strait and Garth Brooks. The amount of talent in Whiskey Myers is just insane.

With the risk of sounding like a fan girl, my wife and I were 3 rows back from center stage, and when the show ended Cody Cannon threw his guitar pick at my wife…..I intercepted the pick mid air and he threw his hand up in disappointment. I have no doubt that Cody Cannon helped get me laid that night.

I'm not much for super old country music, although I respect it. I do love me some 90s, 2000s and some 2010s country music. Don't really listen to it too much these days with the new artists. Chris Stapleton is probably my favorite guy right now.

I'm not someone who has been into country music at all in my life, but I love this shit. I've always been a fan of folk music.

New tune out a few days ago from Bobby. Great to see him getting a lift in recognition recently as well.

Just chilling listening to the new William Prince album that came out a few days ago. Really nice.

Back