End of the line for Volk

Volk was looking to make history in being the only fighter to ever defend a belt at 155 and under at 35+. He failed. It doesn't invalidate his accomplishments. Ilia may have been losing early but he found the light off switch, clean on the button. Good job by him. Respect to Volk. Great, old champions die hard. It happens to the best of them. Speed kills at lower weight classes.

I love those follow up shots on Volk by Topuria… you know those City Kickboxing guys always have excuses. Bro made sure he racked up like 4 KO’s on Volk all at once

<JonesLaugh>

Volk, usman, and Izzy have very similar careers. 5 defenses and were all pound for pound number 1 I believe. Only for it to end like this for all 3. MMA is messed up.

Before the fight started I was sure volk would maul toupuria. As the first round progressed I knew Toupuria was gonna ko Alex. Horrible fight IQ.

You are confusing fight IQ with age slowing his reflexes. Now stfu you troll. Nobody is buying your fake Volk fan BS.

Yeah he should have never fought a guy who could knock him out.

Top came in to the body first and took Volk out of his game.

It's not bad fight IQ, it's just that he was up against a way better boxer.

The Volk that fought tonight was not the pre-Islam rematch Volk. Where was the footwork and feints? There's no way that Ilia beats the version of Volk that destroyed Yair or Zombie. I don't know if it was the KO or age, but he wasn't the same fighter

Back