Law House passes antisemitism bill that will target free speech and criticism of Israel

Yeah, that's kind of the point. You can't rail against muh hate speech when it's criticizing the open border or saying there are only 2 genders, then suddenly call it free speech when it's hatred you agree with.
You can literally say that about the far right as well. Both sides cherry pick, the GOP has been pushing anti-BDS laws (which are blatantly unconstitutional) at the state level for over a decade, why haven't any conservatives been criticizing that? There are currently over 30 states with unconstitutional anti-BDS laws, not even a peep from the right, but all of a sudden they cry free speech when it comes to transgender issues.

This Bill can be used by the Dept of Ed to compel universities and schools to take action against anyone who criticizes Israel essentially. it's not about protecting Jews, it's about protecting Jews and Israel from criticism.

Imo that is a misinterpretation of the scope and purpose outlined in the text.

(b) Constitutional Protections.—Nothing in this Act shall be construed to diminish or infringe upon any right protected under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

You can literally say that about the far right as well. Both sides cherry pick, the GOP has been pushing anti-BDS laws (which are blatantly unconstitutional) at the state level for over a decade, why haven't any conservatives been criticizing that? There are currently over 30 states with unconstitutional anti-BDS laws, not even a peep from the right, but all of a sudden they cry free speech when it comes to transgender issues.
The "far right" are the ones who have opposed all of it in every direction, and voted against this as well.

The far-right populists are the last defenders of civil rights.

The "far right" are the ones who have opposed all of it in every direction, and voted against this as well.
The far right literally pushed for the anti-BDS laws, which exist in all the reddest states. Matt Gaetz, a champion of the far right who voted against this bill, was publicly supporting anti-BDS legislation.

Also, how insane is it that we have a bill that PASSED THE HOUSE that specifically says what you can or can’t say about how the Jews treated Jesus Christ.
Congress is bought and paid for by Israel, this has been true for decades. I'm astonished that most Americans have been completely fine with it for so long.

1. Violence is already illegal, if anyone is violent then prosecute them
2. Hate speech is protected by 1st A, nobody gets to shred the constitution just to protect a particular group's feelings
3. There is no overt hate speech on college campuses directed at Jews, it is being directed at Israel and Zionists, which are not the same as Jews. Anti-Israel jews have been the backbone of the protest movement.

It's such gaslighting for the media to not acknowledge how many Jewish students are taking part in the protests.

you know who i want to hear speak of it? Jordan Petersen, who's very outspoken about free speech. i want to see if he has character about it or if he'll just use some rhetoric sophistry to avoid it.
Jordan's a brainwashed retard. Some of his points are valid as they coincide with common sense. But that is just that, a coincidence.

Good,what is happening over there is legitimately Hitlers Brown Shirts in 2024.

The far right literally pushed for the anti-BDS laws, which exist in all the reddest states. Matt Gaetz, a champion of the far right who voted against this bill, was publicly supporting anti-BDS legislation.
Lol, Matt Gaetz voted nay. Lauren Boebert voted nay, Marjorie Green voted nay.

Lol, Matt Gaetz voted nay. Lauren Boebert voted nay, Marjorie Green voted nay.
I know he voted nay, thats why i literally said it in the post you responded to LOL. My point is that he's previously supported anti-BDS laws, which are really no different from this anti-semitism bill in principle. So don't pretend that the far right is principled on free speech, they aren't.

Also, the backbone of the Reps who voted nay yesterday was the progressive caucus. 70 dems voted nay compared to 20 gop.

Violation of free speech, and an open admission that Israel and wealthy American Jews own our government. Anyone who voted for this should be arrested for treason.

Calling everyone a traitor was so last month. Try to keep up.

Well this is fucked up

Back