How many times will Aspinall defend the interim belt?

It's anyone's guess.

The thing about Jones is, he's enough of an asshole that he could choose to sit around after the Stipe fight for a year or more "deliberating" over his next move just to decide on retiring at the end of it anyway.

Meaning Tom would have to keep defending the interim belt, with there being no carrot on the end of the stick, no Jones fight at the end of the tunnel.

And let's be honest here, everybody can see Jones pulling something like this out of pure spite.

It's anyone's guess.

The thing about Jones is, he's enough of an asshole that he could choose to sit around after the Stipe fight for a year or more "deliberating" over his next move just to decide on retiring at the end of it anyway.

Meaning Tom would have to keep defending the interim belt, with there being no carrot on the end of the stick, no Jones fight at the end of the tunnel.

And let's be honest here, everybody can see Jones pulling something like this out of pure spite.
It's possible but there's no evidence Jon would do that. If you look through his career and how often he fought he's never really went longer than 7 or 8 months without defending while he held it. Obviously this injury was a huge setback but prior history theres no evidence of him stalling. I mean of course things could have changed but I don't know. Jon straight up alpha'd Daniel Cormier I don't think he's scared of Tom Aspinall. Right now Jon Dana and Stipe are trying to make a little moolah.

443698541_856057026560845_1985807722195729105_n.jpg

Last edited:
Interim belts should only be defended once, in a direct fight with the former champ. there's no such thing as the former champ doing another different fight - that automatically should invalidate any of his belt claims and transform the interim into the real belt.

Interim belts should only be defended once, in a direct fight with the former champ. there's no such thing as the former champ doing another different fight - that automatically should invalidate any of his belt claims and transform the interim into the real belt.
That's the usual logic of it, but Jon fans have informed me repeatedly "The Stipe fight was already signed" which apparently invalidates decades of understanding of what an interim belt is and what the definition of undisputed champion is.
<30>

HW championships has always been hard to defend. I believe Stipe is number 1 with around 6 title fight wins. I believe in terms of title defenses. Stipe is tied with Fedor at 3. It is honestly hard to stay fighting the best all the time.

I will be surprised if Tom gets 2-3 title defenses. Not that he sucks or anything like that. It's just the nature of HW. I am assuming he gets promoted to champion when Jones retires. Technically he loses his interim belt when Stipe fights Jones. I am not sure how they are going to handle that situation.

HW championships has always been hard to defend. I believe Stipe is number 1 with around 6 title fight wins. I believe in terms of title defenses. Stipe is tied with Fedor at 3. It is honestly hard to stay fighting the best all the time.

So only 3 of the 12 fights Fedor won in Pride after winning the title were considered title defenses?

I think he'll beat Blaydes, then he should call for Gane at MSG, co-main to Jones/Stipe. I think he beats Gane as well. I'm not sure there's a HW that will beat Tom atm or in the foreseeable future.

I think he'll beat Blaydes, then he should call for Gane at MSG, co-main to Jones/Stipe. I think he beats Gane as well. I'm not sure there's a HW that will beat Tom atm or in the foreseeable future.
He likely won't fight Gane at MSG because Gane is fighting at the end of September in Paris

Lmfao...what a salty bitch thread lol .

Tom will do what he's told .. .

Jones is the one with like 10 belts at home... undefeated champion at LHW and now the HW champion..

U can bark all you want just remember Tom is only interim champion because Jones got hurt and Dana got desperate... Otherwise Tom would be fighting Derrick Lewis on a fight night card somewhere lol ..

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Who cares? Jon Jones is literally the only reason anyone talks about the HW division now. Once he retires after he fights in MSG, he will still be the only reason anyone talks about the HW division.

I admit that I am dumb and fat and maybe I'm asking for a EIL5, but apart from this image having the iconography of "gotcha", I really don't understand the point of it. Asking honestly and respectfully that you kindly explain to a lay person who is a virgin and eats only Fritos what the takeaway point of this image is? ❤️

Back