If Max beats Ilia, does GOAT FW rankings change?

UFC records at FW

Volk 12-1
Max 21-6
Aldo 10-4 (18-4 with WEC)
Conor 7-0
Topuria 6-0

TBH it’s really close between Volk, Max and Aldo. If Max beats Ilia, he could actually be the FW GOAT. Just look at his wins:

Aldo x2
Ortega
Frankie
Yair
Zombie
Oliviera
Allen
Pettis
Lamas
Kattar
Stephens
Cub

Max has an insane resume, one of the best in UFC history. It it wasn’t for Volk, we would probably argue whether he’s the p4p GOAT or not

In my view, Holloway could never be the FW GOAT, losing 3 times to Volkanowski. How could anybody rank Max ahead of a guy he's 0-3 against?
Aldo is 0-2 against Max, yet fools put him ahead all the time

Volkanoski, Aldo, Holloway would all be reasonable. It's not worth splitting hairs when it's not a clear situation like Anderson Silva or GSP.

That's a tricky scenario, Max will have the better resume than Volk, but is down 0-3 to him. I think it's what he does after that will make it decisive.

So because people lose eventually no wins are good? What stupid logic. And WEC title is the UFC title. You can say the competition was worse but that doesn’t matter ( even though it’s not true) it’s how well you do against your peers at the time and aldo was far above his peers.
Conor the killer? The guy who could never defend? Get outta here you just exposed yourself . Max and volk were great champs just couldn’t match aldo.
It is true that the competition was worse and it does matter becuase it means less to beat worse competition

Conor is a killer, and if you think he wasn’t then aldo lost to someone who wasn’t that good which makes him look worse

Aldo is the FW goat- Frankie twice, Mendes twice, Faber, etc. Also did well at BW for a bit there too, Volk is second, Max is third, IF Max wins the 45 belt again and defends it a few times, I would put him over Volk and Aldo

Too bad that when you beat someone you don't gain all their accomplishments and records. "Oh my God Chris Weidman best Anderson Silva! He's the GOAT!"

Lol
Chris weidman beating anderson silva is worth atleast 3 thales leites, so weidmans individual win is better than any win silva has had, and probably multiple combined together

The same way that beating aldo is better than any individual win aldo himself ever had, and thus means more

Aldo is the FW goat- Frankie twice, Mendes twice, Faber, etc. Also did well at BW for a bit there too, Volk is second, Max is third, IF Max wins the 45 belt again and defends it a few times, I would put him over Volk and Aldo
You call him the goat becuase of wins like that, so how accomplished are the people that beat aldo? A win can’t be exchanged willy nilly. Beating Aldo brings with it a win over a guy who beat all those people, thus adding to your legacy even more

It is true that the competition was worse and it does matter becuase it means less to beat worse competition

Conor is a killer, and if you think he wasn’t then aldo lost to someone who wasn’t that good which makes him look worse
Conor was good but was gifted fights, his aldo wind I believe was a fluke, but he was good. I don’t buy the competition thing, that’s just ifc hype machine . Aldo still GOAT.

You’re yet to provide a single argument on how Aldo is better. Conor dispatched Aldo in 13 seconds and it wasn’t a fluke. Conor predicted the exact sequence and he had KO’ed an opponent prior to UFC in the exact same way.

Conor also KO’d Mendes who’s Aldo’s best win. Conor also beat Max and Max beat Aldo twice. And if you you think Aldo would’ve beaten Nate at 170 or Khabib, you’re out of your damn mind. Conor was bigger, more powerful and had better timing than Aldo.

You could make an argument that Volk is the best FW ever or even for Topuria, but it’s really hard to do it for Aldo. Even Max is clearly above him. Aldo was a good explosive striker with great TDD. He didn’t have offensive wrestling/grappling to threaten elite fighters, he had issues with cardio and often times was a bit reckless with his striking relying on his speed, which he often got countered for. He didn’t have much KO power either. Conor, Max, Volk and probably even Topuria beats any version of Aldo.
More defenses , and I alreadyy said that I’m not reading the test of this garbage but the first seantence
<DisgustingHHH>

More defenses , and I alreadyy said that I’m not reading the test of this garbage but the first seantence
<DisgustingHHH>

“More defenses” lol, Volk would defend forever against the level of competition Aldo faced.

Tell me, could any one of the people that Aldo beat, beat Volk?

Aldo is 0-2 against Max, yet fools put him ahead all the time

Usman is 0-2 against Leon. Silva is 0-2 against Weidman. Shevchenko is 0-2 against Grasso. Matt Hughes is 0-2 against Hallman. BJ Penn is 0-2 against Edgar. Joanna is 0-2 against both Rose and Weili.

Those fights don't determine who is higher on the GOAT list.

Conor was good but was gifted fights, his aldo wind I believe was a fluke, but he was good. I don’t buy the competition thing, that’s just ifc hype machine . Aldo still GOAT.
You can’t honestly watch Florian scrape past Diego nunes including getting dropped and think that he would be a title challenger now. No jab and no low kick, sure sign someone is an oldhead type of fighter

Usman is 0-2 against Leon. Silva is 0-2 against Weidman. Shevchenko is 0-2 against Grasso. Matt Hughes is 0-2 against Hallman. BJ Penn is 0-2 against Edgar. Joanna is 0-2 against both Rose and Weili.

Those fights don't determine who is higher on the GOAT list.

Those people are all higher with the exception of Silva Weidman

You can’t honestly watch Florian scrape past Diego nunes including getting dropped and think that he would be a title challenger now. No jab and no low kick, sure sign someone is an oldhead type of fighter
Most dominant champs who clean out there division sometimes fight fighters who are less than worthy, Anderson did it, gsp did it, these things happen. Aldo still goat but f max beats gaethje And top then for sure he is slots likely goat that is quite impressive and then you add his resume’ to his way to the strap and it might be undeniable, but until then aldo is still goat.

No, but it would lessen the gap between Volk at #2 and Max at #3. Aldo is still #1 imo.
How would Aldo be #1 by your logic. I assume you would put Volk over Max still because of Volks wins over him - Max has the better resume Max beat Aldo much worse than Volk ever beat Max resume isn't much less than Aldo if it even really is .

Most dominant champs who clean out there division sometimes fight fighters who are less than worthy, Anderson did it, gsp did it, these things happen. Aldo still goat but f max beats gaethje And top then for sure he is slots likely goat that is quite impressive and then you add his resume’ to his way to the strap and it might be undeniable, but until then aldo is still goat.
What would max beating a lightweight have to do with being greater among featherweights all time than aldo?

Okay so by the time he fought Florian he had beaten Swanson, brown, faber, gamburyan and hominick

Those are the fighters more worthy than Florian

Lol

Back