Irony of Sean O’Malley “surprised Chito got the title shot after his performance over Pedro Munhoz”

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Sean: “I didn’t think that he would get to the title shot, and did he really deserve it after his performance over Pedro (Munhoz)? I don’t know."​

How did Sean deserve his #1 contender fight with Yan after eye poking Munhoz to a NC?? It’s almost like UFC were worried he’d lose a rematch to Munhoz, seeing how the first fight was going, so they just decided to pretend he won the fight.

Also, Sean personally asked for this fight against Chito, so he shouldn’t be so surprised.

I don't think Chito is that good. He just got a series of wins against old fighters. All those guys were like close to 35 or over. Age really matters for lighters guys. I think Sandhagen is the better challenger for now. I think Cejudo is fighting Merab? Yan is probably going to be matched up with Yadong.

Chito has a legit chance at winning this fight, man...

His leg reach is very long and Sean's legs has been compromised in 2 fights already. Plus Chito probably has the greatest chin in BW

He is very good. But I don't like the caracter he is trying to build. Time will tell. So far, not enough respect for his oponent.

I don't think Chito is that good. He just got a series of wins against old fighters. All those guys were like close to 35 or over. Age really matters for lighters guys. I think Sandhagen is the better challenger for now. I think Cejudo is fighting Merab? Yan is probably going to be matched up with Yadong.

he got a W against the current champ too.

It’s funny how O’Malley kind of backed himself into a corner. He either…

Beats a guy he cherry-picked whom he and others has said doesn’t deserve a title shot to begin with.
Or
He loses to a guy he cherry-picked whom he and others said doesn’t deserve a title shot to begin with.

Anyway let’s go Chito

Chito has a legit chance at winning this fight, man...

His leg reach is very long and Sean's legs has been compromised in 2 fights already. Plus Chito probably has the greatest chin in BW
Chito is the create-a-character built to be Sean’s kryptonite.

Sean: “I didn’t think that he would get to the title shot, and did he really deserve it after his performance over Pedro (Munhoz)? I don’t know."​

How did Sean deserve his #1 contender fight with Yan after eye poking Munhoz to a NC?? It’s almost like UFC were worried he’d lose a rematch to Munhoz, seeing how the first fight was going, so they just decided to pretend he won the fight.

Also, Sean personally asked for this fight against Chito, so he shouldn’t be so surprised.
You do realize he is joking

The Yan fight was supposed to be a punishment. He and Sean Shelby don't get along.

Sean O'Malley claims UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby treated him 'like a piece of s**t' after he turned down a fight at UFC 268

Shelby offered O'Malley a slot on the annual Madison Square Garden card but O'Malley wasn't interested, he said he didn't want to travel that far when he could just wait a month and fight in Vegas. This pissed Shelby off. Then there was the fact O'Malley only had 1 fight left on his contract. He was vocal about not getting paid enough to fight the top guys.

So Shelby was like, "You don't get paid enough to fight the top guys? You don't want to travel? Fine. You're fighting Yan and you're doing it in Abu Dhabi" Up to that point, every single fight O'Malley had going back to DWCS was in Vegas. Every one.

The Yan fight was supposed to knock him down a peg and weaken his negotiation position going into contract renewal talks. But it backfired when he beat Yan and the rest is history.

TLDR: he didn't deserve the Yan fight, Shelby thought he was sticking it to O'Malley by making the match-up. Not unlike booking Nate to fight Khamzat on his last fight as punishment for not re-signing.

Chito is definitely not the best fighter. He might have the best chin in the division though, I don't ever remember seeing that guy wobbled before.

It’s funny how O’Malley kind of backed himself into a corner. He either…

Beats a guy he cherry-picked whom he and others has said doesn’t deserve a title shot to begin with.
Or
He loses to a guy he cherry-picked whom he and others said doesn’t deserve a title shot to begin with.

Anyway let’s go Chito
Let's go!

I'm gonna find my inner Tito and be the biggest Chito fan of the night.

Chito was hand picked because he's an easy matchup with a storyline.

We're in an era where the UFC literally lets champs pick their fights if the top contenders are too hard for them.

Back