Khabib Nurmagomedov Reveals Team Was Contacted Regarding Return at UFC 300

There is no fight that makes sense for him. He wouldn't challenge Islam at 155 (and I don't think Khabib could make weight, anyway). After GSP's middleweight title run, they're not going to let him come back and challenge Edwards. Speaking of GSP, the window has closed on what would have been a superfight there. Aside from his vow not to return, I just don't see any logical matchups.

There is no fight that makes sense for him. He wouldn't challenge Islam at 155 (and I don't think Khabib could make weight, anyway). After GSP's middleweight title run, they're not going to let him come back and challenge Edwards. Speaking of GSP, the window has closed on what would have been a superfight there. Aside from his vow not to return, I just don't see any logical matchups.

He's made it pretty clear that he's never coming back, and I believe him. He's always struck me as being genuine and caring more about values such as integrity than money. Good for him, it's rare.
Money?

khabib-i-don-t-care-zhtc99dqnvqk4fnt.gif

Won't ever happen.
The Nurmagomedov's are royalty now in Dagestan, owning over $20 million worth of land.

Last edited:

I'm not a clinger.

Was a legit question.

Khabib was allegedly offered a fight which would imply he's in the testing pool.

Which begs a few questions...

1. Why remain in the pool if retired?

2. If he's not, does khabib get an exemption?

3. If khabib gets an exemption, why isn't Conor?

Questions MMA journos should be asking about..

I'm not a clinger.

Was a legit question.

Khabib was allegedly offered a fight which would imply he's in the testing pool.

I seriously doubt the testing pool still exists. That was the major sticking point between the UFC and USADA. They didn't want to let Conor fight without being in the pool for 6 months and that pissed Dana off.

And if the testing pool still exists, no doubt its with the understanding that the UFC can bypass that when they feel the need.

I'm not a clinger.

Was a legit question.

I seriously doubt the testing pool still exists. That was the major sticking point between the UFC and USADA. They didn't want to let Conor fight without being in the pool for 6 months and that pissed Dana off.

And if the testing pool still exists, no doubt its with the understanding that the UFC can bypass that when they feel the need.
stiopic-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif

Back