Let's be real Alex doesn't have a chance against Jamahal

Hill can crack for sure, he has a chance. I like this matchup and think he has a chance for sure. I favor Alex but wouldn’t be shocked if Hill has success. I think Hill get slept on. My concern is how Hill returns from an injury as I was with Jiri.

Jamahal better KO Pereira in the first few minutes, because if he doesn't, he's not going to have a functioning lead leg for the rest of the fight.

I'm rooting for Pereira but I have a feeling if Alex can't hurt him early with calf kicks, Hill is gonna expose Pereiras boxing and make him look bad
I disagree. If Hill stays in the pocket too long and catches a left hook, it’s a short night at the office for Alex. Poatan is the superior striker in almost every facet.

That's an audacious post. I think Pereira could inadvertently touch Hill's occipital bone by way of the inside of his skull with his fist, but other than that you have a point.

In Kickboxing Alex best wins were.. Simon Marcus twice (2 time GLORY champ), Jason Wilnis (GLORY champ), Artem Vakhitov (2 time GLORY champ), Izzy twice, and Donegi Abena (current GLORY LHW champ).

In MMA his best wins.. Sean Strickland (Former champ), Jan (former champ), Izzy (former champ) and Jiri (Former champ).

in MMA.. Jamahal's best wins are Thiago Santos with no knee's and 44 year old Glover that emptied whatever he had left during his fight with Jiri.

I'd really hope OP is just trolling..

I'm a fan of both and could see it going either way. Hill has good power and decent grappling. Alex has that fight changing power but he has gotten rocked in too many of his fights and being lazy with his defense against someone who hits as hard as hill is bad.

I'm a fan of both and could see it going either way. Hill has good power and decent grappling. Alex has that fight changing power but he has gotten rocked in too many of his fights and being lazy with his defense against someone who hits as hard as hill is bad.
Really though Alex has always been a "see the shots coming" kind of fighter which is one of the biggest factors with a "good chin", MMA does arguably make this a bit harder to pull off with the smaller gloves and grappling but I think the flipside is you also tend to get a lot more counter openings as well and he's very good at exploiting those without needing them to be glaring mistakes.

Alex is getting up their in age and wear as well I spose although I do think that style of fighting tends to age better than defence based on timing/movement which suffers more as a fighter slows down.

Last edited:
The first leg kick and Poatan will turn Hill in Junior Tafa

Hill is a ko artist and Poatan get hit pretty easily

This two things combined make me think of a brutal loss for the brazilian

People forget Jamahal is just a bigger version of Izzy but more boxing oriented. He's never lost cleanly and has butchered everyone who has been unfortunate to be on the feet against him. He also has the far superior resumé. Who has Alex beat at LHW? Slow, old, ploddy Jan? Reckless, sloppy and rusty Jiri off an injury? He looked dominant against guys who aren't close to Hill's level. Alex's style has also lead him to being cracked and KO'd. There's nothing that says Alex couldn't be KTFO by someone with the same athletic explosiveness Izzy has which Jamahal does. Hand from the hood destroys another Brazilian fighter. Izzy proved accolades in striking don't matter when he slept Alex. Jamahal easily does the same.

He stands a chance but i do believe he will lose, Hill will be champion again.

Piping hot take, brother! And I say this as someone who’s 25%-50% of the way there!

I would co-sign if the title were “People are counting Hill out” or potentially even “Actually, Hill should be favoured”.

But between the layoff/injury and the likelihood of this being a stand-up fight, you can’t count Alex out.

Unless OP sells his house and bet all on Hill thats just a troll thread.

Back