Rewatch Let's remember GSP vs Sean Sherk

Actually fought Anderson at 175lbs in Jan 2006.
Couple months after fought Jake Shields (and arguably won) at 175lbs.
Couple months after KOed Pancrase champ Takeuchi not at 175 but at 170lbs (~77kg):

View attachment 1015233

So Okami fought 3 times at WW the same year he signed for UFC, as a lanky 6'2" who walked around 190lbs.
Bulked up during his UFC stint and used to weight in the high 190s in fight night in his prime. Still never a big MW, let alone huge.
Cool, yeah I remember he was in that tournament when Anderson hit him with that fucking amazing uptick, and I knew that was at 175.

And a pretty stacked tournament as I recall.

Yeah,I looked it up, man, what a collection of talent to have in an 8 man bracket.

Rumble On The Rocks had some good fights. Kind of a sleep org, doesn't get talked about much and seemingly gly wasn't around all that long or didn't have that many events, but they managed to pull some big names.

Check out this tournament bracket.
That's probably the best MMA tournament outside of PrideFC GPs.
8 man tourney and 7 of them fought for UFC titles.

Screenshot_20231206_143118_Chrome.jpg

I mean, that's not his fault he fought a lot on the regionals. He had to take what he can get and I thought he won rounds 1 and 2 against Dunham.

I wore my Sherk shirt while watching the event and thought he lost.

After rewatching, I saw that a lot of the stuff that Evan threw in round 2 was either grazing or just missed.

The refs get a lot of flack for getting it wrong, but they definitely got it right on this one.

I talked to Sean after and explained what I saw and he said I had it right: a lot of the stuff Dunham threw in the 2nd was just grazing, near misses or blocked.

It was 29-28 Sherk.

Back