Mayra Silva Goes From “No One Wants to Watch My Fight” to Saying Her Fight Is Helping Sell the Strickland/DDP Fight

What did she say that was fundamentally 'dishonest'?

Nothing she said was definitively inaccurate. Just by virtue of having another title fight on the card - whatever it is - U Fight Cheap will probably move a few more buys than Strickland-DDP alone. Not many, but a few. A bit misleading at worst.

Strickland is not going to let you lick his balls just because you got upset by some broad making the accurate assessment that he is not some big star.
Was about to say fair enough… but that’s a big jump to go to saying I have an underlying desire to spread my saliva on Sean’s testicles via my tongue….

….but if I were to… it’s comforting to know it’s one of two places Sean washes regularly…

Last edited:
But on paper, Sean Strickland and Dricus Du Plessis is a good fight? No.

It's literally a great fight on paper <45>

Strickland dominating, DDP dominating, or it being back and forth are all equally likely. It's a fight you can't predict with any kind of confidence.

She knows she's about to main event so she needs to chill out

1. WMMA
2. Worst division in all mma
3. Number 1 is out for some reason
4. Some unknown ugly chick with a nc to 42y old HH fights
5. Pennington who failes at the top like 5 times and against a 40y old HH

Hard pass, close women 135

1. WMMA
2. Worst division in all mma
3. Number 1 is out for some reason
4. Some unknown ugly chick with a nc to 42y old HH fights
5. Pennington who failes at the top like 5 times and against a 40y old HH

Hard pass, close women 135
Not one of those wmma hater people but yeah 135 is fucking garbage. I honestly do think Ronda could show up and beat some of them

WBW was always trash. The UFC better pray Mayra wins because you could argue she's improved and better than she actually is. Pennington has been at it so long we all know if she wins she's living in a huge shadow of Nunes. The UFC should forget the Grasso Valentina rematch and beg Valentina to move up because if she doesn't there is going to be a lot of instability in this division. Both fighters I could see losing to anyone in the top 10 and there is no one I would be confident at defending the belt. They don't really have any prospects either. Everyone ranked has been in the division for a while and again can win or lose on any given night. Props to Mayra for pulling off the Holm win but in a rematch I wouldn't be confident she'd win again.
i wonder if the UFC have floated the idea to Valentina yet. with Nunes gone, i can see Valentina doing pretty well at WBW. plus she's getting older and it seems that combat sport athletes tend to go up in weight as they age.
its a great career move for Val. she could probably rack up a few title defenses given how weak the division is.

such a huge drop off from Nunes to these two. Women's straw and fly weight have all the talent.

Women's flyweight has zero talent, and strawweight is running out of contenders.

Talking about how both fights suck.

Dana must love this bitch.

I don't understand why this girl thinks so highly of herself when in fact her record is underwhelming even by the standards of BY FAR the weakest division in the UFC (she's also 32 and only has 12 fights). She does have some skills but also big shortcomings...hence the very poor record.

She popped for her last fight, and was suspended. The NSAC overturned her win to a NC. But she still got credit for the win over Holly in the rankings.

And now she’s talking shit. It’s pretty off putting, imo. Nobody knows who the fuck she is at this point. And now she’s talking too much. She hasn’t done anything yet. She does have a good chance of beating Rocky. Personally I’m cheering for Rocky, though.
She submitted Holly Holm in a Fight Night main event. Never mind that it got overturned later since people who watched wouldn't have known that. If people still don't know who she is what more does she have to do?

Women's flyweight has zero talent, and strawweight is running out of contenders.
WBW reminds me of mens HW. There should be no reason why Andrei Arlovski and Overeem were picking up as many wins as they do/did. The reality is the pool for women that size is smaller so we end up with Pennington getting back to a title shot solely on having a lot of experience which out weighs her age in this division. Same thing with Overeem where he was going against younger fighters who were suppose to take the torch but he used experience to get wins over them. No one at WBW can even get a decent win streak going for the most part.

All they have to do is let women fight bra-less, like men and then Mayra might have something with that statement. Make WMMA great Dana, let the ladies fight bra-less and be like men.

If Strickland/DDP were to hypothetically get cancelled, I seriously wonder whether they'd just make it a free FN card.

such a huge drop off from Nunes to these two. Women's straw and fly weight have all the talent.
That’s what happens when the promotion lets an entire division stagnate for years, signing little to no new talent, and keeping the fighters they have just busy enough to justify fights for the champ

“But on paper, Sean Strickland and Dricus Du Plessis is a good fight?

yes

Seam Dricus is a big fight, proper main event.

The wmma fight is big too, to the 2 woman competing.

Well she does her best, great on fighting fir a title.

Back