Mayra Silva Goes From “No One Wants to Watch My Fight” to Saying Her Fight Is Helping Sell the Strickland/DDP Fight

Not gonna lie but the card would sell better if she was attractive. Cause she aint.

Made me laugh pretty good at the presser with the whole "when you fight im asleep, Dana sleep, everybody sleeping!" the accent just made it so funny. I'm cheering for her.

Sometimes I'm proven wrong and WMMA is best fight of the night, but there are so many others that just make me want to stop watching the PPV because its so boring. Hope they prove me wrong.

Silva's biggest exposure up until this point is headlining a FN card against old ish ish Holly Holm. Pennington on the other hand has had too much exposure as is. She's extremely mediocre. I agree with Silva's initial assessment.

Surprised Peña wasn't tabbed to fight as she's more popular than both (injury?).
Yes Peña is injured, otherwise the title fight likely would have been Peña vs Pennington.

Strickland doesn't really have a track record of good fights. He is where he is because of his mouth, kind of like Colby.

Silva's biggest exposure up until this point is headlining a FN card against old ish ish Holly Holm. Pennington on the other hand has had too much exposure as is. She's extremely mediocre. I agree with Silva's initial assessment.

Surprised Peña wasn't tabbed to fight as she's more popular than both (injury?).
Yeah injuries

I recently posted an article where Mayra admitted her fight with Raquel isn’t the most fan friendly fight on paper. She recently went on to respond to some typical Strickland banter/insults.

Mayra’s response to Strickland saying he was called to be on the Canada card to boost sales due to Mayra/Raquel being considered as the headliner:

“Look, on paper, my fight with Raquel is not a good fight,” Bueno Silva told ESPN. “But on paper, Sean Strickland and Dricus Du Plessis is a good fight? No. Sean talks too much. He thinks he is a big star, but he is not a big star. I believe my fight and Sean’s fight, one helps the other.

On paper, two bad fights for fans. But when we enter the octagon, I do a good fight and Du Plessis does good fights, too. I don’t watch good fights from Sean Strickland. I don’t remember a good fight.”

Well… I do remember a recent fight Sean did ok… maybe got a small prize or something from winning.

I get Mayra was offended by Sean, but don’t think that was a good rebuttal. Plenty of material out there right now to go after Sean (she could message DDP for some ideas)… saying his fight with DDP is equivalent to her fight with Raquel is not one of them.
Nah she speaks the truth.

Fans are fickle and 180’d on Strickland. Before that Izzy win people were talking all sorts of shit about Strickland being boring. Like you actually look up the threads and see the comments. Bug now groupthink has caused everyone to forget

Everybody i know says they are only tuning into watch the co main event. Then turning it off.

Back