Pavlovich vs Gane for UFC 300?

I know Gane is ranked higher than Pavlovich and has a win while Pavlovich is on a loss but I think Sergei is such a beast still that he could make a fight with Gane really competitive and I believe its the best matchup for both of them. Thoughts?

Pavlovich has never had a competitive fight.

Also Gane vs a grappler is a far more interesting fight. Blaydes or Almeida.

It should be Gane vs Aspinall. They can keep the division moving. Makes no sense for Sergei to fight Gane now.

It probably is the best matchup right now. No one really is deserving of an Aspinall fight for the time being.

Gane needs to earn it if he is going to get a third shot after 2 miserable failures. Francis beat him on one leg and Jones finished him way quick.

Winner gets the Aspinall fight. Jones and Stipe will never fight him, so they need a championship matchup to be set up.

Potentially quite interesting fight I'd say as I don;t think Sergei will be as easy to keep at range with just a jab and lowkicks as most of Gane's opponents, we might actually get to see Gane deal with real pressure close in.

Khabib said Sergei has better wrestling than Ngannou after Ngannou wrestlefucked Gane.....I think Khabib doesn't bullshit about stuff like this, even when they're teammates.

Interesting fight for sure. Sergei has proven himself to have great cardio looking good after 5 rounds in the past too.

That's the fight to make right now sir
I'm hoping Tom decides to wait for the winner of Blaydes vs Jailton because all of the ducking Gane does.

Blaydes, Jailton and Aspinall would dominate Gane anyways outside of a punchers chance. Give me Pav vs Gane.

What do you think?

I'm hoping Tom decides to wait for the winner of Blaydes vs Jailton because all of the ducking Gane does.

Blaydes, Jailton and Aspinall would dominate Gane anyways outside of a punchers chance. Give me Pav vs Gane.

What do you think?

I definitely agree that Gane ducked Aspinall when he was behind him, but I think Tom wants to prove a point.

Waiting for the winner of Blaydes and Jailton might also prove a point of sorts.
It would certainly piss Gane off lol.

I do think they might wanna make Aspinall vs Gane for the card in Manchester as the headliner.

If they don't do that then Pav vs Gane makes a lot of sense to be honest.

Question: Would you rather see Blaydes or Jailton win to fight Aspinall sir?

I definitely agree that Gane ducked Aspinall when he was behind him, but I think Tom wants to prove a point.

Waiting for the winner of Blaydes and Jailton might also prove a point of sorts.
It would certainly piss Gane off lol.

I do think they might wanna make Aspinall vs Gane for the card in Manchester as the headliner.

If they don't do that then Pav vs Gane makes a lot of sense to be honest.

Question: Would you rather see Blaydes or Jailton win to fight Aspinall sir?
Yeah It'd for sure prove a point mauling Gane too Lol

Wonder if they'd do a stadium over there with Aspinall AND Edwards as the main and co main?

Another reason I want Pav vs Gane is to see what Sergei's wrestling/grappling is like, assuming using it would be a big part of the game plan against Gane. Right after Ngannou wrestlefucked Gane, Khabib confidently said that Pav would have the wrestling advantage against Ngannou.

Kind of want to see Blaydes run it back with Aspinall after the anti climatic ending 15 sec in, but if Jailton is good enough to outgrapple and beat Blaydes, Aspinall might be in some trouble. Can't go wrong either way.

And you? Jailton or Blaydes?

Yeah It'd for sure prove a point mauling Gane too Lol

Wonder if they'd do a stadium over there with Aspinall AND Edwards as the main and co main?

Another reason I want Pav vs Gane is to see what Sergei's wrestling/grappling is like, assuming using it would be a big part of the game plan against Gane. Right after Ngannou wrestlefucked Gane, Khabib confidently said that Pav would have the wrestling advantage against Ngannou.

Kind of want to see Blaydes run it back with Aspinall after the anti climatic ending 15 sec in, but if Jailton is good enough to outgrapple and beat Blaydes, Aspinall might be in some trouble. Can't go wrong either way.

And you? Jailton or Blaydes?

I like Blaydes but he doesn't do well under pressure and Jailton will definitely put pressure on him.

Pav wrestlefuckin Gane would be a real eyeopener for sure, Im liking that the more that I think about it tbf.

A stadium show would be off the hook, but I don't think the UFC would do that sir.

Gane and Aspinall at 300 could be cool. They def need a heavyweight fight for that night.

Aspinal vs. Gane (winner fights for the real title)

Jailton vs. Blaydes
Pav vs. Volkov
^Winners fight each other for the next shot after unification

I think gane beats pav and tom and that wouldnt be good business the ufc needs tom and needs a new gane

Gane who has been labeled as mega one dimensional because of his loss beating the guys everyone thinks would destroy Jon would trigger the shit out of people. Personally I think Gane is getting slept on because of that one loss to Jon. He can definitely give Pav and Tom issues. I would enjoy either fight. I would love to see NNN or Gane against these two guys. Basically the two best from not that long ago vs the two best now.

Pavlovich has never had a competitive fight.

Also Gane vs a grappler is a far more interesting fight. Blaydes or Almeida.
Pavlovich is the right choice for Gane. Blaydes or Almeida most likely finish him. Pavlovich will strike with him and is susceptible to strikes. It is the best chance for Gane to get a win.

Pavlovich is the right choice for Gane. Blaydes or Almeida most likely finish him. Pavlovich will strike with him and is susceptible to strikes. It is the best chance for Gane to get a win.

I'm not interested in "getting fighters wins."
I want fighters to be challenged and to see the best matchups.

Back