Pavlovich vs Gane for UFC 300?

My personal opinion is that Gane is strong pure kickboxing, but if Sergey mixes in grappling and his whole mma skills. Then I don´t know who wins. But awesome fight, best fight to make for both. Strike the iron while it´s hot.

I'm not interested in "getting fighters wins."
I want fighters to be challenged and to see the best matchups.
Two heavyweights that like to throw hands is not a great matchup? I want to be entertained. I do not want to see Blaydes or Almeida dry hump Gane for 3 or 5 rounds. Ground fights can be when both fighters are skilled but when there is a skill mismatch and the dominant fighter just uses control on the ground it is boring.

Aspinall vs. Gane and Pav vs. Volkov. I know Pav's fans want him to get another shot after all of the hype but there's Volkov a big rangy striker on a winning streak who Gane and Aspinall have already beaten yet Pav hasn't faced. Have the winners of 2 fresh match ups face off and keep the interim champ busy with a legit defense and Pav can have a comeback fight against a guy who has been on a streak and provides some unique challenges with his frame and skill set.

Aspinall facing Gane gives the interim champion a common opponent vs Jones and as the guy who KO'ed Pav he should get that opportunity to give more hype/credibility to him facing Jones or showing he is a good as Jones by comparison if he retires. IMO, you lot are trying to reward Pav with that opportunity and shine to his name when Volkov makes more sense for the division with him coming off of a loss instead of Aspinall sitting around fighting no one.

It's a great fight for sure. But it's a fight between two guys who recently lost their status as an up and coming dominant champ.

So yeah, it's cool for UFC 300 - but it's not a main feature.

Last edited:
It's a good fight but jeez, there's gonna be nobody left to headline any events after UFC 300 the way people are building that card like they are going out of business on that day. <Eek2.0>

Book it & move Charles/Arman to headline 301 in Brazil. Islam can fight Justin/BSD/Max/Poirier in June/July/Aug, & the winner can defend against Charles/Arman in OCT/NOV/DEC.

I actually think this would make 300 a little better, just because I feel like it needs a HW banger. Both fights are great & would be better served as proposed.

Back