Poatan might retire Jamahal Hill this Saturday.

Who's got two thumbs and not retiring... this guy!

_O5QS3pqDtM3ZxWfs8RmzN47hCwdTKI2edos1lJdbzQ.jpg

If Hill was the type to retire from being injured in a fight Paul Craig would've ended his career.

Neither guy is retiring after this fight... the entire fun part of having no dominate champs is all the former champs get to fight each other.

He got KO'd by one of the best strikers of all time and people now think he is James Vick, jeez...
I was just using the same logic as OP. Obviously there is nuance. I suspect Alex's chin issues at middleweight were due to the cut. I'm willing to write off anything that happens in a Jiri fight as well.

The Achilles is a very specific part of the lower leg. The calf is higher. And I’m not sure you can, or would want to target an Achilles with kicks. It seems unlikely, imo.

Just kick his calf. A few kicks and there’s visible damage.

Doesn't Hill like to eat the lead leg low kick and counter with an overhand right? Isn't that a weakness of Alex?

His first fight back from a nasty Achilles injury is against the best and most destructive leg kicker in the UFC?

Insanity if Poatan lands two CLEAN ones, There is a good chance he retires hill.

One can only hope, and one also hopes that the Aftershock retires Belial Muhammed at the same time.

Feels like everyone is underestimating Hill's injury and how bad it can get at any moment, we've seen tons of guys tear open old injuries in fights and never look the same again. We aren't even sure if Hill looks anything like he did before the injury.

I don’t think this fight is even going to be close, I think Potan picks Hill apart and finishes him. Injury or not, leg kicks will be a major factor.

hill left leg was injured, which is not his lead leg, so as long as he's not orthodox his fucked up achilles should be safe from low kicks

Jamahal Hill might retire Poatan this Saturday. Alex has been hurt in several of his most recent fights, knocked out cold in one of them. His chin might never be the same after Hill touches it.
That was when he was killing himself to make MW though. Yes, Hill could knock him out, but don't forget that Alex has already been in there with two of the biggest punchers at 205.

The Achilles is a very specific part of the lower leg. The calf is higher. And I’m not sure you can, or would want to target an Achilles with kicks. It seems unlikely, imo.

Just kick his calf. A few kicks and there’s visible damage.
I injured the achilles tendon on my right leg a few years back. A swinging metal gate hit me from behind above the heel. It hurt like a mf. The tendon didn’t break, but I went to see a professional and there were microfractures or whatever you call them. I was limping for three months and had lingering pain for a year after. I can only imagine what a proper rupture would feel like. Getting kicked anywhere below the knee would have instantly crumpled me. Now, obviously, Hill has access to good care and is a professional athlete, but if that leg is not 100% sound, I would not want to be in his shoes. Hoping he really is in top shape because the main fight cut short due to injury would ruin the event.

That was when he was killing himself to make MW though. Yes, Hill could knock him out, but don't forget that Alex has already been in there with two of the biggest punchers at 205.
Yeah. I was mostly being facetious.

I would argue that Jan isn't one of the biggest punchers anymore. Dude hasn't had any heat behind his shots for a while now.

Back