Rewatch Rewatch: Adesanya vs Strickland

Hilarious to see the guy people were clamoring to be "best striker in the UFC, next Anderson Silva, GOAT MW" etc, get outclassed and humiliated at his own game by a guy who went on to lose his next fight

His legacy really was dumped down the drain after this fight

Hilarious to see the guy people were clamoring to be "best striker in the UFC, next Anderson Silva, GOAT MW" etc, get outclassed and humiliated at his own game by a guy who went on to lose his next fight

His legacy really was dumped down the drain after this fight

Second best Middleweight of all time with five title defenses who's 105-9-0 with 46 KOs in totality over three different sports had his legacy ruined due to one blowout? Lol.

The boards hate Adesanya so much as a person that the irrationality knows no bounds.

This Strickland's performance reminds me RDA vs Pettis fight in both fights the favorites looked like they don't belong in the octagon with the challegers

The Pettis Wheaties Box Era lasted as long as the Machida Era.

ufc needs to work on their youtube video namings, making it more click-baitey or revealing the point of the video a little
this one should be something like this: mid-strickland mopped the floor with "genius striker" and "mw goat" fraudesanya

Second best Middleweight of all time with five title defenses who's 105-9-0 with 46 KOs in totality over three different sports had his legacy ruined due to one blowout? Lol.

The boards hate Adesanya so much as a person that the irrationality knows no bounds.

The Pettis Wheaties Box Era lasted as long as the Machida Era.
Submitting both Melendez and Benson at the time was huge achievment in my book.

Submitting both Melendez and Benson at the time was huge achievment in my book.

I'm no Pettis hater, but his time on top was short like Leprechauns. The guy was inconsistent as hell but when he was on, he was incredibly dangerous. Very fun fighter to watch in his prime. I too was shocked by how RDA basically ran him over.

Reminded me of Cruz v Garbrandt in that way as well

I view the Garbrandt victory over Cruz as the culmination of multiple head coaches, a litany of training partners and some fighters who couldn't do it successfully coming together as a camp at Team Alpha Male to create a way to finally overcome the obstacle that was Cruz after nearly a decade of failure. You mix that with Cody who was a better athlete, coupled with Cruz' physical decline and they finally did it (Faber's original win notwithstanding). Cody caught lightning in a bottle that night for TAM.

Great fight, actually.
Strickland had one of the best game plans against a guy who had all the physical advantages.
I knew he had better boxing than Izzy, but I thought he will lose the fight due to leg kicks.
But he checked Izzy's kicks easily.

Woodley was a heavy favorite over Usman I think. No one gave Usman a chance snd he dominated from start to finish

What? I don't remember Woodley being a HEAVY favorite.

I view the Garbrandt victory over Cruz as the culmination multiple head coaches, a litany of training partners and some fighters who couldn't do it successfully coming together as a camp at Team Alpha Male to create a way to finally overcome the obstacle that was Cruz after nearly a decade of failure. You mix that with Cody who was a better athlete, coupled with Cruz' physical decline and they finally did it (Faber's original win notwithstanding). Cody caught lightning in a bottle that night for TAM.

Cruz had some health problems, from what I remember.
Also, the fight wasn't a beatdown. Don't get me wrong, Garbrandt won, but it wasn't 50-45. Could have been 3-2 or 4-1 for Garbrandt.

I view the Garbrandt victory over Cruz as the culmination multiple head coaches, a litany of training partners and some fighters who couldn't do it successfully coming together as a camp at Team Alpha Male to create a way to finally overcome the obstacle that was Cruz after nearly a decade of failure. You mix that with Cody who was a better athlete, coupled with Cruz' physical decline and they finally did it (Faber's original win notwithstanding). Cody caught lightning in a bottle that night for TAM.

It really shit me that Cody fought so smart and brilliantly that night and went onto have some dumb performances after, the Dillashaw fights were silly by him, there was another one too.

Still on that night he dominated an ATG, great thing to have on your resume of course.

Great fight, actually.
Strickland had one of the best game plans against a guy who had all the physical advantages.
I knew he had better boxing than Izzy, but I thought he will lose the fight due to leg kicks.
But he checked Izzy's kicks easily.

What? I don't remember Woodley being a HEAVY favorite.

Cruz had some health problems, from what I remember.
Also, the fight wasn't a beatdown. Don't get me wrong, Garbrandt won, but it wasn't 50-45. Could have been 3-2 or 4-1 for Garbrandt.

I agree. It wasn't. It was a clear win, however. No one had made Cruz look that innocuous before. Cruz had multiple hand and leg injuries by that point. He was a shell of himself physically. The reality that he came back from years off, despite losing his prime to injury, to beat Dillashaw is an all time comeback. It seemed impossible at the time. Cruz is still the best 135'er of all time in my eyes.

Woodley was anywhere from -190/-145 against Usman. Not a heavy favorite.

It really shit me that Cody fought so smart and brilliantly that night and went onto have some dumb performances after, the Dillashaw fights were silly by him, there was another one too.

Still on that night he dominated an ATG, great thing to have on your resume of course.

When I saw Cody lose his temper and basically have a meltdown, losing a huge lead to Dillashaw in swimming pool tetherball on the Ultimate Fighter, I knew he couldn't keep it together around TJ. He was either going to kill him or get killed. Funny thing is, TJ got hurt badly but recovered almost instantly (EPO?), turning that fight around quickly in the first bout to get his finish. Even funnier was the rematch where Cody showed his lack of fight IQ by literally spamming the same combo against TJ three times in a row despite being cracked each time before it to get finished again. It's hilariously stupid.

Man, after what Pereira did to Strickland I was certain Adesanya had it - Strickland took it to him.

Woodley was a heavy favorite over Usman I think. No one gave Usman a chance snd he dominated from start to finish
He wasnt that big favorite and I certainly was on Usman. The regret of not unloading more was pretty big though.

Second best Middleweight of all time with five title defenses who's 105-9-0 with 46 KOs in totality over three different sports had his legacy ruined due to one blowout?
its not just the one blowout. he lost 2 more big fights before that, and several of his wins were extremely close or unconvincing. couple that with the fact that he was hyped so hard, and his cringe personality, and people kind of roll their eyes at his mma legacy. he’s still one of the best, but he’s a very distant 2nd.

This Strickland's performance reminds me RDA vs Pettis fight in both fights the favorites looked like they don't belong in the octagon with the challegers
Like chael vs Anderson 1.. that is til the triangle lol

Back