Rewatch Rewatch: Adesanya vs Strickland

I think Izzy beats him in the rematch. Izzy fought weird in this fight and I am no fan of him.

Strickland makes everyone fight weird. Look at the Urijah Hall fight. Urijah was unable to do anything offensively, even though he was standing right in front of him. Strickland beat Urijah up badly in that fight and made it look easy. He gets control and doesn't lose it. He works his opponents over.

Israel doesn't want a rematch because chances are he gets dominated again.

Still can't believe that Sean boxed up Adesanya and took away his fighting spirit

Last edited:
Second best Middleweight of all time with five title defenses who's 105-9-0 with 46 KOs in totality over three different sports had his legacy ruined due to one blowout? Lol.

The boards hate Adesanya so much as a person that the irrationality knows no bounds.

The Pettis Wheaties Box Era lasted as long as the Machida Era.
I think it's more that the boards hate anyone that loses once, than something exclusive to adesanya, lol.

its not just the one blowout. he lost 2 more big fights before that, and several of his wins were extremely close or unconvincing. couple that with the fact that he was hyped so hard, and his cringe personality, and people kind of roll their eyes at his mma legacy. he’s still one of the best, but he’s a very distant 2nd.

Well, when you're 114 fights and fourteen years deep, you probably start to slow down just a little, no? With that said, losses don't erase past achievements. They shouldn't dent his accomplishments whatsoever. Moot point.

This Strickland's performance reminds me RDA vs Pettis fight in both fights the favorites looked like they don't belong in the octagon with the challegers

What was crazy was Pettis was destroying his previous opponents with body kicks. His body kicks looked lethal. Then all of a sudden there comes RDA the BJJ guy (yes with decent kickboxing but not like that!?) and destroys Pettis with even harder body kicks.

While somewhat true, the boards has a special type of hate for Israel.

It really doesn't. He gets the amount of hate than every single great fighter does. The only thing that makes the hate "specific" is the way the hate targets specific points, such as in the case of Israel, him being a toucher of dogs balls, anime lover.

He deserves every bit and of course losing again at his actual weight hurts his legacy.

How does it hurt his legacy? It does to people who think he deserves 'every bit' of hate he receives which likely taints their perspective. How many losses does Ali have both exiting his prime that he avenged or when he got older? More than people recall, and it shouldn't hurt his legacy one iota. Adesanya is ancient in fight mileage, he shouldn't be a top guy anyway when you consider it.

What was crazy was Pettis was destroying his previous opponents with body kicks. His body kicks looked lethal. Then all of a sudden there comes RDA the BJJ guy (yes with decent kickboxing but not like that!?) and destroys Pettis with even harder body kicks.
Hell yeah that night we saw RDA showing us all aspects of MMA ! Incredible performance by him

It really doesn't. He gets the amount of hate than every single great fighter does. The only thing that makes the hate "specific" is the way the hate targets specific points, such as in the case of Israel, him being a toucher of dogs balls, anime lover.

No brother it's not like that, I'm not an Izzy fan and I'd skip his title defences, I'm not trying to cry over him, but it's absolutely true that Sherdog hates him in a special way, more than almost everyone else.

Hilarious to see the guy people were clamoring to be "best striker in the UFC, next Anderson Silva, GOAT MW" etc, get outclassed and humiliated at his own game by a guy who went on to lose his next fight

His legacy really was dumped down the drain after this fight

Hey, ban evader. GSP tapped to strikes against Matt Serra and he still one of the pioneers of the sports.
its MMA, crazy shit happens all the time.

Still confused by this performance from Izzy. I'd pick Izzy to win the rematch easy if he was focused.

It's like he checked out mid fight.

Still confused by this performance from Izzy. I'd pick Izzy to win the rematch easy if he was focused.

It's like he checked out mid fight.
I don't think he ever recovered from getting dropped at the end of the 1st. I mean, I'm sure he was able to shake the cobwebs out somewhat but mentally he fought a bit scared after that.

I don't think he ever recovered from getting dropped at the end of the 1st. I mean, I'm sure he was able to shake the cobwebs out somewhat but mentally he fought a bit scared after that.
Gastelum rocked him a few times and came on strong late. He went 5 rounds with Alex and was winning till the 5th round, he's fought and beaten better fighters than Strickland.

He looked uninterested against Strickland. He'd be the favorite in a rematch and I bet a lot too.

I think Izzy beats him in the rematch. Izzy fought weird in this fight and I am no fan of him.

Sean made him fight weird. Took away his jab and jab feints, took away his low kick and his hip feints. He builds 90% if his game off of those reads and they weren't there because of what Sean did.

Strickland makes everyone fight weird. Look at the Urijah Hall fight. Urijah was unable to do anything offensively, even though he was standing right in front of him. Strickland beat Urijah up badly in that fight and made it look easy. He gets control and doesn't lose it. He works his opponents over.

Israel doesn't want a rematch because chances are he gets dominated again.

Big Strickland fan but no way is Izzy afraid of the Sean rematch or avoiding it in any way. I believe he said something like wanting Dricus, then 1st defense against Sean, then (3rd name I can't remember) semi recently.

I know its only talking for now but he made the Yoel fight when everyone was sure that was his toughest fight, irregardless of the performance he made the fight happen. Periera finished him twice for christ sake and Izzy still went in after more.

I don't think he'll intentionally avoid the Strickland rematch.

Back