Rumored Ryan Garcia failed VADA PED test

Unless one of the PEDs says on the label "Makes you punch faster" then I don't understand or give a shit.
What does the PED he took help with?
What he took is for people with cancer to help them protect their muscle from wasting away during chemotherapy.

One could assume a boxer would take the stuff to ensure:

- he doesn't lose muscle mass while cutting weight.

- hold onto as much weight post- weighins.

- stave off muscle fatigue as they go into later rounds

Interesting fact is that they knew he tested positive for it the day before and the day of the fight and nothing was said and the fight went forward anyway, he also did not test positive in any of the dozens of tests leading up to the fight. There has also been no official release of the test results so far (at least that I have seen). Ostarine would not have offered any performance increase IMO and its something that is commonly found in over the counter supplements, but the weird thing is that Garcia is claiming it came from Ashwagandha supplement but how was that supplement even tested so quickly? IDK as usual boxing is shady as fuck with their PED testing and business practices, IMO two possible realities here....the positive test was real and known prior to the fight and they ignored it entirely because it was a huge money fight and Eddie kept the result in his pocket in case Haney lost, or the test result is bogus and it was indeed due to a supplement taken within the final days leading up to the fight unknown to Garcia or anyone else and the results did not come back until after the fight.

Hard to say what the reality is here, but looking at Garcia's response I tend to lean into the fact that he knew he took something as he was so quick to blame it on an over-the-counter supplement when I find it very hard to believe that VADA has tested this product so quickly and thoroughly enough to point it to the concrete cause of the result.

Really a shame as what he took would not have made him a better boxer, improved his speed, technique or power....so if he willingly took something...then that's a major stain on his career. But on another note I am still glad he beat the racist Haney.

Unless one of the PEDs says on the label "Makes you punch faster" then I don't understand or give a shit.
What does the PED he took help with?
What a ridiculous comment. So you don't care about weight classes or banned substances. Yeah what a credible take.

Which PED are you referring to ? Looks like there are going to be multiple....oooooffffff Think they are waiting on isotope testing to confirm the anabolic stuff. Ouch

Interesting fact is that they knew he tested positive for it the day before and the day of the fight and nothing was said and the fight went forward anyway, he also did not test positive in any of the dozens of tests leading up to the fight. There has also been no official release of the test results so far (at least that I have seen). Ostarine would not have offered any performance increase IMO and its something that is commonly found in over the counter supplements, but the weird thing is that Garcia is claiming it came from Ashwagandha supplement but how was that supplement even tested so quickly? IDK as usual boxing is shady as fuck with their PED testing and business practices, IMO two possible realities here....the positive test was real and known prior to the fight and they ignored it entirely because it was a huge money fight and Eddie kept the result in his pocket in case Haney lost, or the test result is bogus and it was indeed due to a supplement taken within the final days leading up to the fight unknown to Garcia or anyone else and the results did not come back until after the fight.

Hard to say what the reality is here, but looking at Garcia's response I tend to lean into the fact that he knew he took something as he was so quick to blame it on an over-the-counter supplement when I find it very hard to believe that VADA has tested this product so quickly and thoroughly enough to point it to the concrete cause of the result.

Really a shame as what he took would not have made him a better boxer, improved his speed, technique or power....so if he willingly took something...then that's a major stain on his career. But on another note I am still glad he beat the racist Haney.
VADA actually has no power over whether a fight takes place or not. They are strictly a testing agency. At least thats what I was told at one point.

Not sure I really care for all this "how did the PED help him" shit? Why did he take it if he didn't expect an enhancement?

That's not a fact or how testing works. It takes days for results to come back. So if you submit a test the day before and the day of the fight , the results don't come back until after the fight. So that still means you tested positive the day before and the day of the fight.

Thats the conspiracy angle dumbass Garcia is pushing. No different than all the other conspiratorial nonsense he pushes on social media platforms. Amazes me how people see an unhinged walking contradiction like Garcia & actually repeat his takes, when a 5th grader can easily debunk them.

Its convenient but not a conspiracy. I'm sure most parties involved wouldn't want the test to kill the pay day anyways. Even team Haney. Most people still would of picked Haney to out point a juiced up 3 pounds over head case Ryan.
There are examples of test getting pushed under the rug, but Garcia doesn't appear to be one of them.

Also, to my knowledge everything he took has not been analyzed yet and there are other testing to potentially confirm more serious stuff.

Because online hobbyist, Google users, and extremist drug users with body dismorphia say "a SARM is weak and does nothing" doesn't outweigh the fact that Dr.s prescribe this stuff to cancer patients to keep strength and muscle as their bodies go through a diminishing state. Or that supplement companies and other pro athletes continue to use it. Sounds like more than snake oil to me.

It’s an accepted fact that athletes use PEDs across sports no? Some mask it better than others, while some sports plainly allow their stars to juice freely. In this case their 31-1 star will now have their loss reversed and image revived while other guy gets thrown to pasture

Yes, it's some grand conspiracy to preserve his record, lol. You're off your rocker as much as Garcia seemed to be going into this fight if you believe that. The perception of Haney is already damaged.

This Ryan Garcia apologist trend is getting fKn nUTZ
I get not liking Haney. I totally get and agree with not liking Bill.
Haney can be a boring fighter at times.
He said some silly racial shit once
He could of fought Tank or Shakur by now
Bill has become insufferable

But to prop up a win for somebody who came in 3 pounds over for a championship fight while they potentially had multiple banned substances in their system is more than just not liking Haney. You have some altererior motives outside of boxing and sports at this point to ignore this.
Ridiculous territory we are in.

Lol, Bill paid off more people than just the referee. Can't wait to see Floyd reply to Haney in person.

This isn't true, it takes weeks for these tests to process. They took his blood on April 19/20 but the actual results take a while. Nobody sat on the results.

This Ryan Garcia apologist trend is getting fKn nUTZ
I get not liking Haney. I totally get and agree with not liking Bill.
Haney can be a boring fighter at times.
He said some silly racial shit once
He could of fought Tank or Shakur by now
Bill has become insufferable

But to prop up a win for somebody who came in 3 pounds over for a championship fight while they potentially had multiple banned substances in their system is more than just not liking Haney. You have some altererior motives outside of boxing and sports at this point to ignore this.
Ridiculous territory we are in.
I'm not the biggest Haney fan but he gets way too much shit. People don't like the fact that he's had so much success, they think him beating kambosos and becoming undisputed was a lucky break since Loma was on the front lines, then they think Loma was robbed, and then they just don't like his style. But the question everyone has to ask is, what have guys like Shakur Stevenson and Tank Davis done? Tank isn't exactly out there challenging himself. As for Ryan, he's a coward. If these tests are true, then he deliberately juiced AND avoided a big weight cut because he was too scared to fight Devin on even terms. Disgraceful. The sad part is he might've beaten Devin without the cheating due to the style matchup.

Lol, Bill paid off more people than just the referee. Can't wait to see Floyd reply to Haney in person.
Get these troll takes out of here.

Thats why I'm not a big fan of all these guys with mental illness fighting. Not only is not in their best interest to get hit in the head for a living. But insanity attracts others dysfunctional insane people. Flat earthers travel in packs.

As if Haney isn’t on drugs. The biggest thing is missing weight by 3 lbs
So are you saying Haney is on drugs??? Its kind of shitty to assume somebody who by all accounts has a pretty clean lifestyle of something so damaging.
I believe there are many fighters who are probably on drugs that we wouldn't suspect.
I also believe there are still some skilled fighters, especially young undefeated fighters who have looked human & flawed in fights that have not resorted to cheating yet.
What is your argument that Haney is a drug cheat other than blanket allegations of all pro athletes are on steroids??? Which we know isn't entirely true.
All SNAC & Conte athletes????

You think devious Bill is involved, lol imagine: but only an idiot would shut down any avenues at this stage and Hearn needs to stay out of this shit with his track record lol has he found Benns B sample yet?

I'm not the biggest Haney fan but he gets way too much shit. People don't like the fact that he's had so much success, they think him beating kambosos and becoming undisputed was a lucky break since Loma was on the front lines, then they think Loma was robbed, and then they just don't like his style. But the question everyone has to ask is, what have guys like Shakur Stevenson and Tank Davis done? Tank isn't exactly out there challenging himself. As for Ryan, he's a coward. If these tests are true, then he deliberately juiced AND avoided a big weight cut because he was too scared to fight Devin on even terms. Disgraceful. The sad part is he might've beaten Devin without the cheating due to the style matchup.
Devin is a boring fighter and really cringy when he tries to go all "tough guy" because you can see thats not really who he is.
i think the vast majority of the hate towards Devin is due to Bill Haney. if that guy was out of the picture, i can see Devin being liked a lot more. in the few instances that ive seen when he has just been himself and tried not to put up a front he seems like a nice enough guy. i wouldnt be surprised if Bill told him to say that stupid shit about Loma being privileged when Loma literally just left an active warzone. Bill was the one talking about killing Ryan in the ring and all that.
there was a thread a few months back that just devolved into talking about beating Bill Haney's ass. it felt like some real camaraderie here.

They wanna rob Ryan since the beginning, and inside the ring, and now after the fight lol Whether Haneys can discredit the win or the WBC, no one can deny that Ryan KO'd their boy fairly in the ring.

The dude needs a handler. His social media presence is so unprofessional and idiotic. How does he have fans?

They wanna rob Ryan since the beginning, and inside the ring, and now after the fight lol Whether Haneys can discredit the win or the WBC, no one can deny that Ryan KO'd their boy fairly in the ring.
The fight went the distance. Did you even watch it?

Are you people being serious here?

This is extremely disappointing if true. Jokes aside are there any potential plausible reasons for the positive test that could excuse him?

Back