Shavkat vs Colby makes a lot of sense

Shavkat vs Colby yeah or nay ?

• Great fight, book it

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Nope (mention what else you prefer)

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
Shavkat is injured (torn ankle ligaments) and won't come back until summer.

Colby doesn't like to fight a lot so it lines up with his timeline.

Because of Shavkat's injury there's a bigger chance that they'll do Leon/Belal in spring.

Shavkat would benefit from adding a bigger name to his resume, would make more casual eyes turn up to his title shot in the fall. Colby is the perfect name for that and also ranked above him so makes sense.

Colby is not someone who will rack up wins to get (yet another) title shot. And he only cares about title shots. Fighting wonderboy like he asked does nothing for him on this matter. On the opposite, beating the unbeated Kazakh finishing machine puts him right back in the mix. And Dana would be grateful for that. He gave burns an old masvidal because he fought Chimaev.

I say book it for July international fight week. Big card, big fight and gets the division moving.

Of course Shavkat absolutely demolishes the current version of Colby. Try and change my mind on that.

You like that fight ?
Colby vs Shavkat is fine with me if Shavkat wants the fight. Otherwise he is more then entitled to wait for his next fight to be a title shot. Frankly a win over Shavkat should not get Colby another title fight. A win over Colby does nothing for Shavkat as Colby is washed up. He has no threat via Power, Submission skills and now he no longer has the Cardio threat to wear out his opponents.

Colby would never accept that fight, but would make up some bullsh!t of Shavkat avoiding him. Besides Shavkat is aiming higher than "I rarely fight younger fighters" Colby Covington.

Colby ducked all Shavkat questiions during post fight interview. Instead he went for Wonderboy.
Colby is even ducking this up 'n' comer....just look at his forward pressure.

giphy.gif

I'm not interested in seeing Colby fight again. I'm interested in watching Shavkat anyone except Colby.

Because of Shavkat's injury there's a bigger chance that they'll do Leon/Belal in spring.

Shavkat would benefit from adding a bigger name to his resume, would make more casual eyes turn up to his title shot in the fall. Colby is the perfect name for that and also ranked above him so makes sense.

Colby is not someone who will rack up wins to get (yet another) title shot. And he only cares about title shots. Fighting wonderboy like he asked does nothing for him on this matter. On the opposite, beating the unbeated Kazakh finishing machine puts him right back in the mix. And Dana would be grateful for that. He gave burns an old masvidal because he fought Chimaev.

I say book it for July international fight week. Big card, big fight and gets the division moving.

Of course Shavkat absolutely demolishes the current version of Colby. Try and change my mind on that.

You like that fight ?

Colby doesn't even deserve to sniff Shavkats jockstrap, let alone fight him.

The question is, who is ranked above Shavkat and willing to be a stepping stone? They’re all going to lose, just a matter of when.

Colby is still absurdly over ranked at #5.

He hasn't beaten a fighter coming off a win in 5 years, and the last currently active UFC welterweight he beat was Barberena 7 years ago in 2016.

Aside from getting besmirched by Usman and Edwards, he hasn't fought ANY of his peers. He holds no ranked wins over current fighters. I don't even see a reasonable argument he's ranked in the top 10.

Colby is done. Shavkat has finished everyone. Colby should fight Khamzat as he has already beaten Burns. Shavkat vs Edwards is fight.

Colby vs anyone with a pulse (but not for title) is fine with me.

You like that fight ?
I don't see Colby taking this fight. Colby is angling for the Wonderboy fight. It's not hard to see throught the smokescreen of his shtick.

Reactions: lsa
Back