Should Chris Weidman be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

Should Chris Weidman be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Imagine if he just retired after beating vitor, everyone would call him the goat like they do with khabib
Big difference is MW had a long standing champion in Silva. LW never had that. Khabib is arguably the GOAT at LW. Weidman not so much at MW even if he retired after beating Vitor.

the bar is so low, OF COURSE Weidman should be in the Hall of Fame.

original_040972_FP_HOFP_MattSerra_500x280.png
original_046662_FP_HOFM_Bisping_500x280.png
Because being bros with Dana has nothing to do with their placement either...

<{Heymansnicker}>

I can't believe people actually defended Charles Lewis being in there... And no, I will not call him by his stupid fucking moniker.

Dunno if beating Anderson 2X, Lyoto, Vitor, "Maia", and Kelvin warrant HOF.

Incredible wins, fo sho.

He also has a lot of losses to the majority of top flight MW he took on.

Really close call on this one.

Because being bros with Dana has nothing to do with their placement either...

<{Heymansnicker}>

I can't believe people actually defended Charles Lewis being in there... And no, I will not call him by his stupid fucking moniker.

Charles lewis the tapout guy is in the HoF???

Yes due to being the guy that ended Anderson's reign. That's a significant achievement regardless of how prime or not prime Anderson was at the time.

His 1st win over Anderson Silva is famous so yes. More importantly than HOF, he also gets a seat in Valhalla for all the CTE hits he took for us, breaking his leg horribly, and coming back and fighting again.

Charles lewis the tapout guy is in the HoF???
Sherbro @Reign009 tells me that Lewis was an important "contributer" and deserves his place... We've been discussing it from opposite sides of the fence. He mad a good case tbf... Maybe a little too good...

Brother @Reign009 either has a wardrobe full of clothes with barbed-wire print all over them, or is one of the two surviving members in disguise as a sherdogger.

IDK, Weidman is a weird one. I would put him right on the line of yes and no. I wouldn't be surprised or upset either way. He beat Silva twice and some older Brazilian legends then fell off, hard. Had MW not improved by leaps and bounds over the years then I would be more inclined to say yes but there was time when Weidman was largely considered the 2nd greatest MW champion of all time. That time has long sense passed.

No absolutely not. And I don't think a lot of fighters who are in should be there either.Look at HOF in literally any other sport. Its only supposed to be for the absolute mount rushmore of the sport.

The UFC set the bar way too low, and now in 10 years theres probably going to be like 100 people in HOF, thats not a hall of fame thats a joke.

Its literally just Gracie GSP Jones Anderson and maybe Aldo who belongs in a proper HOF, in the entire history of UFC.

Last edited:
I think that Silva fight could be. Just because of the legendary knockout and end of an era.
Dunno if Id put Chris himself. Despite being my boi still.

Not a chance. Age of 32 was destroyed by Rockhold. Age of 33 was destroyed by Yoel Romero. Age of 34 was destroyed by Gegard. You can't have a guy in the HOF who got beat up badly during his absolute peak three times in a row. I'm sure he had some injuries during that period (I don't remember), but guess what, so does everyone else. Nice run, great fighter and a champ but he, along with some others, isn't HOF worthy. Everyone says well so and so is in the HOF. Many of those so and so people were early in the game and deserved it for helping to create a sport or establish mainstream TV presence. That time is over and if a fighter gets in it should be because you were the elite of the elite.
Too late. They have several guys in the HOF who did worse than Chris in their prime. FACT

Serra lost several times and was highlight reeled by Shonie Carter in his prime
Anderson Silva is one of the GOATs and was subbed by 2 japanese cans in his prime
Bisping was brutally KO'ed by Vitor and Henderson in his prime

Plenty of chance.

What he did to Anderson Silva and stopped his massive long streak reign in defending the belt, I believe was nothing short of amazing.

So since Silva was so great, put him in the Hall of Fame, not Weidman.

Weidman has three title defenses and is 2-7 in the second half of his career. If that's your criteria for admission into the HoF, they'd better build a much bigger hall.

No.

Silva, Machida, and Belfort were awesome wins but his career went downhill fast after that.

Yes, he will be in it. Where the bar is and how its been set means that he goes in, if Pulver is in, then Chris is. And I am old school but lets be honest Pulver had a couple of fights in UFC, he wasn't even in UFC that long

Big difference is MW had a long standing champion in Silva. LW never had that. Khabib is arguably the GOAT at LW. Weidman not so much at MW even if he retired after beating Vitor.
Chris fought way better competition than khabib

No.

Silva, Machida, and Belfort were awesome wins but his career went downhill fast after that.

Lawlor, Munoz, maia are also good wins

I don't know. He dethroned the MW GOAT but did not come close to being in the conversation for MMA GOAT-ness. He has less title defenses than Miletich or Frank Shamrock, and they're not in the HOF.

Chris fought way better competition than khabib

Lawlor, Munoz, maia are also good wins
Did he though? Notable wins Maia, Anderson, Machida, Belfort

Khabib - Dos Anjos, Barboza, Mcgregor, Poirier, Gaethje.

if your going to add Lawlor and Munoz as good wins, then I'll add Iaquinta, Johnson & Healey as good wins on Khabibs list also.

Way better competition is a stretch, Weidman is not GOAT in anyone's list, Khabib is at the very least GOAT at LW.

Back