SUMO - 2024 Haru Basho (March 10th - March 24th)

Takerufuji doing me proud so far after two days.

Onosato is something special *don't get involved in bullying, don't get involved in bullying*

Kirishima not looking good after two days. He couldn't even budge Atamifuji.

Ozeki having a rough start. Hoshoryu keeping it together though.

Terunofuj looked good, once we hit day 4 if he's still here I'll say he's the favorite. 10 Yusho is a big marker.

Onosato is doing big boy sumo, pretty straightforward stuff so far. i'm curious how he will do when he reaches the technique tiers of the higher makuuchi.
Hoshoryu actually did good sumo today - swung Atamifuji whichever way he wanted.
Ura's got two ozeki scalps already and Kirishima's 0-3. jesus, man.

Good match from Asanoyama against Teru, even though he lost.

We're only on day three, but Ura has already bamboozled and embarrassed Hoshoryu and Kirishima.

Kiri looking like week 1 Shodai out there.

Onosato is the future, you can't change my mind.
Shodai looking unstoppable against Takayasu a majority of the time then slipping and sliding his way to an 8 - 7 per usual

Still need to watch today.

Kiri looks hurt.

Daieisho— my boy just something is wrong there. No power!

Ura has been devastating the ozeki this basho. granted, the ozeki haven't really been ozeking. i can't remember a more underwhelming basho for them, as it stands on day 5.

Kirishima is a primer for what happens to rikishi when there's trouble in the stable. if i remember correctly, he has to move stables, old stable master is retiring, etc. he's clearly not all there. these dudes are tough but when the home front's not ok, it rattles them. look at hakuoho as well.

and teru going 2-3 is ....
chaos basho.

Ura has a hit list, and if you're an Ozeki you're at the top of the list. Jeez. Dude is embarrassing the big boys like they bullied him as a kid.

Terunofuji is gonna pull out, 100%. The knees just aren't there.

Back