Tenshin/Takeru reach advantage

Takeru fights with poor defense because of his lack of necessary upper body movement, thats why because of his chin...but all went bananas with the straight left knockdown.

i thought he would fight like he fought Stavros Exakoustidis(the son of mike zambidis lol); leaning back, moving around the power hand, and when he started to find a patter to counterpunch and pressure, start, but backing up with mid and low kicks, especially in the lead leg to drain tenshin hability to move fast forward with his straight punches since he was he guy that supposely was going to get in and out by being the smaller man.

If takeru had high guard and counterpunched to the body and then head, with all said before, he could had win.

but then again, with Germany didnt scored 7 goals on Brazil, we would be at 2014 finals...

Btw i just want to see Tenshin fighting Inoue or Gary Russel so bad...

I really think Tenshin's jab just set the fights the way it went. When it started landing, I think whatever Takeru's game plan was, it went out the window. Tenshin was too fast to counter, and he couldn't find him, and when Takeru wanted to find his rhythm, dem jabs right in his face.

Inoue would murder Tenshin lol

Ya, he waited until the last round to do that, kind of, but was getting pieced up with clean punches to the face in the process. I suggest you re-watch the fight.

he was getting pieced up, we needed two more rounds and I still would like to know the reach on both guys....anyone?

It's their height, unless their reaches are identical to their height....

It wouldn't matter if their reaches were identical, or even if Takeru had a 5 inch advantage. Takeru is a boxer brawler who likes to get in mid to close range and throw hooks, whereas Tenshin is a karate stylist who stays on the outside and picks you apart, and he'll only come inside once he's landed or to smother.

It wouldn't matter in the slightest what their reaches are because Takeru doesn't use length in his punches.

It wouldn't matter if their reaches were identical, or even if Takeru had a 5 inch advantage. Takeru is a boxer brawler who likes to get in mid to close range and throw hooks, whereas Tenshin is a karate stylist who stays on the outside and picks you apart, and he'll only come inside once he's landed or to smother.

It wouldn't matter in the slightest what their reaches are because Takeru doesn't use length in his punches.

You mean reach don't matter in the slightest for a smaller, faster, karate stylist against a boxer-brawler?

You mean reach don't matter in the slightest for a smaller, faster, karate stylist against a boxer-brawler?

Sensing sarcasm but you keep replying to people who explain it to you.

What i'm saying is, as others have said, that reach advantage or no reach advantage it didn't matter. Takeru doesn't stay on the outside and jab, he gets inside and brawls, Tenshin sticks on the outside and jabs, then lunges in and smothers.

I'm not sure how you haven't grasped from everyone's responses yet that based on how both of them fight that reach meant almost nothing in this match. It was just about who imposed their gameplan more effectively and it was clearly Tenshin.

I'll repeat it one more time for the folks asleep in the back... the reaches of Takeru and Tenshin had no affect on the outcome of this fight.

Last edited:
Sensing sarcasm but you keep replying to people who explain it to you.

What i'm saying is, as others have said, that reach advantage or no reach advantage it didn't matter. Takeru doesn't stay on the outside and jab, he gets inside and brawls, Tenshin sticks on the outside and jabs, then lunges in and smothers.

I'm not sure how you haven't grasped from everyone's responses yet that based on how both of them fight that reach meant almost nothing in this match. It was just about who imposed their gameplan more effectively and it was clearly Tenshin.

I'll repeat it one more time for the folks asleep in the back... the reaches of Takeru and Tenshin no had affect on the outcome of this fight.

This sort of idiocy is why I usually keep this guy on ignore

Takeru looked skinny as hell and his punches looked shot. The weight cut definitely affected him

So does no one know their reaches? Odd how it's just not available at all.

Kinda like Oscar vs Manny where he had to drain himself too I guess

No it did not, what a shit comparison to make. Oscar was completely weight drained vs Manny, Takeru lost because of a bad gameplan and a slow start.

Go back to the mma section troll.

No it did not, what a shit comparison to make. Oscar was completely weight drained vs Manny, Takeru lost because of a bad gameplan and a slow start.

Man you have some anger issues

Man you have some anger issues

Anger? Just stop. Literally everyone told you reach had nothing to do with the loss, and your response was "ThE rEaCh!" then we explained again that Takeru lost because he fought the wrong fight and Tenshin was just better and you respond with "iT wAs LiKe OsCaR vS pAc WiTh ThE wEiGhT dRaIn!"

Someone could explain why 2+2=4 and you'd still say "yeah but what if it's 7?".

Takeru might have lost regardless but to say takeru wasn’t drained is a straight up lie. He didn’t have nearly as much power as he normally carries. It’s pretty obvious

Thank you bro
bros-the-office.gif
but be careful telling @Nova44 that, Anger, anger~

Takeru might have lost regardless but to say takeru wasn’t drained is a straight up lie. He didn’t have nearly as much power as he normally carries. It’s pretty obvious

Last edited:

I never said the weight didn't affect him though did i? I said he lost because of a bad gameplan. He got dropped by Tenshin and only afterwards tried to actually push the pace and close the distance, and at that point Tenshin switched to smothering. He wasn't any slower or less powerful than usual, this is nonsense. Tenshin was just far faster than Takeru and Takeru took too long to adapt. If it was 5 round then the fight was probably swinging in Takeru's favour.

@JustOnce i have no idea what you're going on about but because you just jump into subs you have no idea about i'll help you out.

Takeru had to go from 60kg to 58kg (4.4lbs) for this fight, which he said for years he'd be ok with and he looked fine. He just got beaten by a better fighter on the night.

Oscar was 35 and at the end of a long career when he took the Pac fight. He came in 9lbs under what he'd been fighting at and he looked terrible! It's such a bad comparison it hurts my brain.

I never said the weight didn't affect him though did i? I said he lost because of a bad gameplan. He got dropped by Tenshin and only afterwards tried to actually push the pace and close the distance, and at that point Tenshin switched to smothering. He wasn't any slower or less powerful than usual, this is nonsense. Tenshin was just far faster than Takeru and Takeru took too long to adapt. If it was 5 round then the fight was probably swinging in Takeru's favour.

@JustOnce i have no idea what you're going on about but because you just jump into subs you have no idea about i'll help you out.

Takeru had to go from 60kg to 58kg (4.4lbs) for this fight, which he said for years he'd be ok with and he looked fine. He just got beaten by a better fighter on the night.

Oscar was 35 and at the end of a long career when he took the Pac fight. He came in 9lbs under what he'd been fighting at and he looked terrible! It's such a bad comparison it hurts my brain.
If you say so, captain

jennifer-lawrence-okay.gif

Back