News Tom Aspinall will defend his Interim Heavyweight title in a rematch against Curtis Blaydes at UFC 304 in Manchester, July 27

Who wins?

• Total voters
It'll officially kill the HW division if Aspinall loses this fight

The point which flew over your heads is that you're all willing to claim these are the real HW champs for having 1 more win than the actual HW champion does.
Jones - 1 win at heavyweight
Aspinall - 7 wins at heavyweight

The guy who beat the highest ranked one among them and who also isn't coming off any of those pesky losses, though yes his larger win streak is from LHW.
His LHW "streak" (ignoring the robbery against Reyes) isn't part of his accomplishments at heavyweight. The reality is he has one win in the division.

You'd at least not be biased goobers if you just said none of them have a great claim, actual belt notwithstanding, cause ALL their streaks suck ass at the moment. You jump the shark in pretending they're on vastly superior streaks so deserve to be champion more.
Sure, if you're a Jones nuthugger and insist on pretending Aspinall losing to Blaydes was legitimate and not a freak injury.

The belt Aspinall is holding is the only belt that matters. It's the one that's being defended against top contenders and it's the only one thats going to exist a year from now. Jones is holding the Jones retirement tour belt.

Aspinall would be trying to prove the first was a fluke. The only way to prove the first fight wasn’t a fluke is for him to lose the rematch lol

No, that is your sub-moronic reading of what I actually wrote.

Ironic given your Aspinall avatar but I agree. I think Tom will win by late TKO but Blaydes is going to be in his face the whole fight.
I've said for a long time, before their first fight in fact, that I think Blaydes is the worst matchup in the division for Aspinall, and it does make me nervous.

Since the injury however, Aspinall seems to have come back with a completely different mindset. He is so much more confident now in his own skills and his power. I think that will be a big difference from the first fight.

This.

Gane came within a hair of beating Ngannou, and was undefeated, when Ngannou vacated.

Jones waxed Gane ... and is the rightful HW Champ.

Aspinall got clocked by Blaydes (whom Ngannou destroyed) ... and then got stopped due to injury,

Aspinall is NOT the HW Champ, and he needs to actually beat Blaydes to prove the first fight (he lost) was no fluke.

THEN Aspinall is ready to challenge the winner of Jones/Miocic for the actual HW title.

If Aspinall loses, then all of these dIckriders are instant laughing-stocks.

Period. End of discussion.

Funny Jones fans saying Aspinall isn't the champ because he never beat the champ.

Neither did Jones. Jones waited for the champ to leave so he could find a contender for the belt instead.

Francis is currently the champ according to Jones' fans logic.

Good. Now folks can zip it bout the 1st fight that told us basically nothing.

Oh wait...

<Neil01>

It was only 15 seconds, but a very wild 15 seconds. A lot can happen in 15 seconds in the fighting game. And the fact that he injured himself so quickly is not a complete coincidence. The guy was pushing himself too hard too quickly, over-extending his body's natural abilities.

I've been watching combat sports for 22 years now, I can spot how a fight is going just by their posture, decision making and even missed strikes. Aspinal was going for the kill too quickly, getting tagged, almost got his head taken off by those missed shots and I stand by what I said. Blaydes was going to put him to sleep.

So you can't even disagree without telling lies? Blaydes was landing body punches, a hard leg kick and a hard right hand to the chest which messed up Aspinal's stance and contributed to his knee giving out.
Wow. Apparently the only lie I told was suggesting you were biased when the truth is you're delusional.

Tom  was over-extending a bit, but as someone who HAS ALSO watched fights for decades (and trained people for them too. Maybe you can pull the "I've been watching..." card around the other phone operators by your company's water cooler, but it's probably advisable not to pull that card on a forum full of people just as hyper interested in this sport as you, cuz you might run into someone like me who has posted a slow mo account of the fight and posted every single strike attempted and landed), so again, as someone else who watches fights a bunch can tell you, coming out the gate hot is pretty fucking normal and anyone who tries to tell you that they can divine the next 28+ minutes action and cornering that zero adjustments will be made is either crazy or a moron.

He didn't get tagged. He got punched in the chest and the arm pit, neither of which will do a thing. Then he did get kicked in the leg, but he also picked it up, so that wasn't hard either. And after Curtis missed two 1-2's, he threw a 2-1 and NEITHER of those hit Tom on the chest like you're pretending they did. The right hand either missed or skimmed Tom's forehead (hard to tell from a side angle, but the fist ends up past Tom's head without stopping) and it's a combination of Curtis stepping into the kick and the jab to the face (while Tom was moving back and resetting his stance from the kick, which takes the force off it) that pushed back Tom and messed up his stance.

So maybe you should go back to your analyst drawing board when you're so provably wrong.
n7pGUOy.gif

1VwkrSS.gif

yAkTFZe.gif

Yup! Sure looks like a right hand to the chest did it. Way to go Sherlock with your 22 years experience. I'll mail you a special detective hat you can wear so you can be proud of your analyst skills

074b67e7032de7d7ac4dbf269879873e.jpg

Last edited:
GSP was the saviour of the MW division.
Bisping was killing time looking for vanity matchups and GSP took his belt, vacated and blessed us with a freed up division.

I get you're hating, and wanting to see GSP smashed, but the fact he vacated, retired and stuck to it, saved us years of bullshit at the top.
Lol he didn't save us jack shit, he stole Romero's title shot. Had GSP not entered the picture Romero would have been up next and ended Bisping.

The point which flew over your heads is that you're all willing to claim these are the real HW champs for having 1 more win than the actual HW champion does. The guy who beat the highest ranked one among them and who also isn't coming off any of those pesky losses, though yes his larger win streak is from LHW.

You'd at least not be biased goobers if you just said none of them have a great claim, actual belt notwithstanding, cause ALL their streaks suck ass at the moment. You jump the shark in pretending they're on vastly superior streaks so deserve to be champion more.
It's not 1 more win, you're conflating that with a win streak on purpose. I specifically noted people in the title scene, either champs themselves or next challengers, who have little to no streak, and yet they can also be champs because they're already high in the rankings, so it's not something you can hold against the likes of Tom and Curtis, since getting to champ level is helped by a streak, but not defined by it, as you're trying to do. How you missed that point, I've got no clue.

You only think I "jumped the shark" because of how high I am over your head, you a person on the same intellectual level as a shark

It was only 15 seconds, but a very wild 15 seconds. A lot can happen in 15 seconds in the fighting game. And the fact that he injured himself so quickly is not a complete coincidence. The guy was pushing himself too hard too quickly, over-extending his body's natural abilities.

I've been watching combat sports for 22 years now, I can spot how a fight is going just by their posture, decision making and even missed strikes. Aspinal was going for the kill too quickly, getting tagged, almost got his head taken off by those missed shots and I stand by what I said. Blaydes was going to put him to sleep.

So you can't even disagree without telling lies? Blaydes was landing body punches, a hard leg kick and a hard right hand to the chest which messed up Aspinal's stance and contributed to his knee giving out.

Haven't rewatched it but that sounds like how I remember it too. Tom was very reckless lunges in with a naked leg kick and got countered straight away if I remember correctly even.. that ain't great

It's going to be so hard for Jones to keep ducking Tom if Tom def his belt

It's not 1 more win, you're conflating that with a win streak on purpose. I specifically noted people in the title scene, either champs themselves or next challengers, who have little to no streak, and yet they can also be champs because they're already high in the rankings, so it's not something you can hold against the likes of Tom and Curtis, since getting to champ level is helped by a streak, but not defined by it, as you're trying to do. How you missed that point, I've got no clue.

You only think I "jumped the shark" because of how high I am over your head, you a person on the same intellectual level as a shark
Hey corn nuts, riddle me this:

If there'd been no belt on the line, how high do you think Jones would've been ranked for effortlessly choking out #1 Gane in only 2 minutes?

Oh. Yeah. Wait. He'd be at the top of the division anyways.

l@nd0

Back