UFC Fight Night: Allen vs. Curtis 2

Card has the word "Apex" written all over it.

But anyway
Jackson
Iron Lady
Peek
Almeida
Calvillo?

Worth shot or no?

GDR turning 40 this month and hasn't fought since 2020, I gotta fade just off of that.

Calvillo also hasn't won a fight since 2020, 5-fight losing streak, pretty bad. Piera isn't the best but if the fight gets ugly I think she comes out on top.

Allen's streak isn't exactly the who's who of 185 but he has improved since their first fight and Curtis is on the back end of his career, also fairly short notice for him. In a 5 rounder, Allen ITD is probably a play.

I really wanna stick Morono in a parlay but you can't trust him to come focused and in shape. He seems like more of a part time fighter, full time coach.

How we feeling about Hernandez vs. Jackson? I might actually skip this card but im itching to put 80 bucks on Damon finishing Alex "the not so great" Hernandez

GDR turning 40 this month and hasn't fought since 2020, I gotta fade just off of that.

Calvillo also hasn't won a fight since 2020, 5-fight losing streak, pretty bad. Piera isn't the best but if the fight gets ugly I think she comes out on top.

Piera looks to be a bad grappler, if Cynthia wrestles she should win.

Piera looks to be a bad grappler, if Cynthia wrestles she should win.
Watch more tape on Piera instead of just going off of her recent fight against Gillian Robertson. Calvillo can win due to Piera having poor cardio in R3, but there's a reason why Calvillo hasn't won a fight since 2020.

Edit: Calvillo will be 37-years-old in 3 months.

Last edited:
Allen's streak isn't exactly the who's who of 185 but he has improved since their first fight and Curtis is on the back end of his career, also fairly short notice for him. In a 5 rounder, Allen ITD is probably a play.

I really wanna stick Morono in a parlay but you can't trust him to come focused and in shape. He seems like more of a part time fighter, full time coach.
Morono has been in the UFC for 8 years. Aside from some bad short notice fights, he generally has good matchups that he wins.

Aside from losing to Khaos Williams, Morono has won all of his first fights of the year while in the UFC. It's almost as if the UFC gives him a favorable matchup to start the year, and he usually excels in those fights.

Regarding the loss to Khaos Williams, Williams took that fight on 11 days notice. Morono was originally given another good matchup against Dhiego Lima, whom Morono would have beaten.

We already know where Court McGee is at in his MMA career, and how he's not as durable anymore. He is 39-years-old and hasn't won a fight in 2+ years.

Morono has been in the UFC for 8 years. Aside from some bad short notice fights, he generally has good matchups that he wins.

Aside from losing to Khaos Williams, Morono has won all of his first fights of the year while in the UFC. It's almost as if the UFC gives him a favorable matchup to start the year, and he usually excels in those fights.

Regarding the loss to Khaos Williams, Williams took that fight on 11 days notice. Morono was originally given another good matchup against Dhiego Lima, whom Morono would have beaten.

We already know where Court McGee is at in his MMA career, and how he's not as durable anymore. He is 39-years-old and hasn't won a fight in 2+ years.

I have always rated Morono quite highly. I bet him against Cowboy, Semelsberger, and Means.

I was more talking about his last fight tbh. He was gassed like hell in the third and it wasn't a crazy high paced fight. He has his own gym and is regularly at events cornering other fighters, even during camp. He is not out to be the best fighter he can possibly be anymore. Imagine a top 10 guy coaching and commentating a few weeks out from a fight. He's putting coaching/commentating over his own career these days, and that's a concern.

All that said, he probably still beats McGee comfortably, but McGee has that grinding style which could cause problems if it goes to the second half of the fight.

Watch more tape on Piera instead of just going off of her recent fight against Gillian Robertson. Calvillo can win due to Piera having poor cardio in R3, but there's a reason why Calvillo hasn't won a fight since 2020.

Edit: Calvillo will be 37-years-old in 3 months.

I'm familiar with Piera, she hasn't fought anyone with the wrestling threat of Calvillo.

Yes she's on a losing streak but Piera would also lose to every single girl Cynthia lost to and it likely wouldn't be as close.

You think Piera goes to a debatable split with Loopy?

I like Matsumoto as a prospect, but with these current odds I might have to go with Argueta. If Dan pushes for the takedowns early and often I think he could have a lot of success.

How we feeling about Hernandez vs. Jackson? I might actually skip this card but im itching to put 80 bucks on Damon finishing Alex "the not so great" Hernandez
Jackson was -700 over short notice Argueta who has terrible striking. Argueta outboxed him in the 3rd round. I think Hernandez is going to KO him stiff

Not to mention, Argueta is a 135er. Alex is a former 155er. This is a complete mismatch. Alex has legit KO power unlike Argueta. And he’s way more athletic and faster than Jackson. -200 is a steal

Not to mention, Argueta is a 135er. Alex is a former 155er. This is a complete mismatch. Alex has legit KO power unlike Argueta. And he’s way more athletic and faster than Jackson. -200 is a steal
Should hedge with Jackson itd or sub even then, Alex is the prime example of a frontrunner.

I never hedge any of my bets. You’re not confident in Hernandez?
Fuck no. I think he should KO Jackson but the guy has shown that he's extremely flaky in the past. He's also complained about the cut to 145 before, don't trust him at all at -200 vs anyone that's not a regional can.

u2.5 at -175 is a much better bet for this one imo. I can't see Hernandez not wilting if he doesn't get Jackson out early, and I similarly can't see Damon not going to sleep if Alex gets off to a hot start.

Anyone has any insight on Valter Walker. Haven't started watching tape yet, but this screams of over hyped "prospect".
Got that shiny record and the brother of a known UFC star. Feels like the kind of guy the UFC loves build up against fat heavies.

But Brzeski is not great... but with USADA gone, perhaps he will be back on that good stuff again.

Back