What is the lowest UFC weight class that could consistently beat an NFL Lineman in a fight?

Given that size does matter in a fight, what is the lowest weight class in the UFC whose average fighters could probably beat an average NFL lineman in a fight?

Size matters when skill is involved. An untrained NFL lineman would get destroyed by someone like volk.

He’d be a small lightweight even today, he’s not a big guy but now he’s a blown up WW. He’s only like 5’8 and fought at 155 when this happened
Do you think he walks around at 155??!???? He probably gets up close to 180

What? Theres literally videos of this lol ... What was the punch stats again? .. .

Logan survived because Mayweather let off and coasted...

Floyd was trying his hardest it looked like. Floyd has been KOing guys in this exhibitions

You really think guys outside of mma gyms all never had a fight and can't knock you out cause you do bjj 2 x a week ?

It's a natural ability to fight.

natural ability? lol cmon bruh

You think punching correctly is a natural ability?

Grappling?

Mother fuckers can train this shit for years and still not be good.

Even something as basic as running requires extensive training.

I've seen enough NFL fights to understand how terrible they are at fighting.

"fighting is a natural ability hurr durr"

fuck outta here lol these mfkers can't even fight regular joes on the street

big lineman gets kod by some random small black guy on the street and idiots on here think they can beat a ufc fighter lol

Any elite trained professional fighter will beat an untrained white belt, regardless of size. That applies to even 125ers.

If you've never grappled, it feels like you're drowning when you get manhandled as a novice white belt.

I remember a 7 stone little Indian girl subbed me 3 times in a 6 min round. Lapel choke, toehold and armbar. Goodbye ego
Your playing by BJJ rules and in a different mindset. In reality if you wanted you could of grabbed her by her hair and dizzy wizzy'd he beat the shit out by manhandling and using pure aggression and strength.

In MMA probably a tweener featherweight like Josh Emmett or Topuria. In a street fight I’d say a super lightweight or welterweight.

Lmao.

I will say this. Any NFL lineman has the ability to have his chin cracked and knocked out.

We're talking about 6'4" to 6'7" tall, 300lb men.

I give just about any of them a chance against a UFC level fighter less than middle weight.

Lineman is tricky. They might not be proficient in fighting but they have a better than average understanding of leverage and violence.

The UFC fighter has to get the guy down first and NFL lineman are trained precisely to avoid being taken down by much larger, athletic guys who are trained precisely to put someone on the ground.

I'd probably still go down as far as LW but not a run of the mill LW. It would come down to striking skill. Can he break down the lineman first?

You really think guys outside of mma gyms all never had a fight and can't knock you out cause you do bjj 2 x a week ?

It's a natural ability to fight.
I think the bigger issue is that NFL lineman engage in a form of standing grappling everyday in their careers.

UFC fight fans might not appreciate what linemen do but there's a reason the Gracies didn't include anyone with grappling knowledge in their initial contests.

This thread has been posted so many times lol

This isn't a 100% direct comparison to the question asked, but it's kinda similar. DP can't get loose, but he started at a disadvantage.

I think anyone saying definitive that a LW can beat a huge strong lineman isn't giving it enough thought. All depends who gets control first imo. There's a point where if nothing else, size and strength is just going to hold you down if they're able to get ahold of you.

This arent just guys doing Jiu-jitsu twice a week though we are talking top of the food chain UFC guys top 10 in each division basically...ofcourse anything can happen and even more so in a street fight...

But if your looking at the highest probability...the smaller highly trained guy is going to come out on top way more often .. its literally why fighting arts and martial arts where developed in history for smaller people to defend themselves against thugs with no training who are bigger then them ..
Yeah but there's a limit to that. Every martial artist knows that too. It's why even well trained women struggle with untrained men in physical fights if the size and strength difference is sufficient enough.

Depends on if it's a street fight vs an MMA fight. In a street fight, even a guy like Tom Brady would beat Kai Kara France 9 times out of 10.
If the street fighter had a weapon like a bat or crow bar or something he probably would, but just one on one no weapons I doubt it.

Back