which UFC fighter had/has the most aura?

Anderson Silva for me, he looked unbeatable until the first Sonnen fight, he made fighters look like they never fought before and you can tell a couple of guys were afraid of him

All time i think Khabib because no defeat never get drop , we never saw him bleed

Right now i think it's Topuria

if i have to make my top 5 of all time it would be:
1. Jones (prime)
2. Khabib
3. Ngannue
4. Khamzat (mf had that Mike Tyson aura before the Burns fight)
5. Romero
honorable mentions
Prime Mcgregor, shavkat, Kamaru Usman, Alex Pereira, Anderson Silva, GSP.
A.Silva is #1. Literally toyed with his opponents and up until he fought Sonnen, seemed invincible.

Anderson Silva for me, he looked unbeatable until the first Sonnen fight, he made fighters look like they never fought before and you can tell a couple of guys were afraid of him

Yeah whenever the opponent is flustered just being across the cage from them that's a sure sign of an aura. People's weren't just afraid to lose to Anderson, they were afraid to get embarrassed by him and become part of a highlight KO reel.

The fact that you have Silva at honorable mention discredits everything else you said. That guy was the definition of aura during his reign.

As well as Jacob Volkmann and Joseph "The Hoe-Bag" Bochenek.

if i have to make my top 5 of all time it would be:
1. Jones (prime)
2. Khabib
3. Ngannue
4. Khamzat (mf had that Mike Tyson aura before the Burns fight)
5. Romero
honorable mentions
Prime Mcgregor, shavkat, Kamaru Usman, Alex Pereira, Anderson Silva, GSP.
IMHO, besides the Prime generation such as Fedor (and probably his brother), Cro Cop, The Axe Murderer,etc
Then came the golden generation from the UFC (Silva, GSP, BJ Penn... all of them with their distinct auras of invincibility).
Jon was probably the last of the dinosaurs.

Then COnor showed up, and even invincibility becomes not a fact, but an :"idea"... and while Conor was never a true king (never defended either of his reigns)... his was probably the biggest of theHeals... he started the age of mediocrity (or the age of the cringe) where it is better to be a buffoon like Colby or Masvidal.
So now, it's harder to see clearly who are the next big thing, because all of them come package with it. But few have what it takes... hence the reason those were a privilege to watch!

Yeah whenever the opponent is flustered just being across the cage from them that's a sure sign of an aura. People's weren't just afraid to lose to Anderson, they were afraid to get embarrassed by him and become part of a highlight KO reel.
facts

has seriously nobody brought up don frye. the guy just oozes pure masculinity.
1710792622868.png

The correct answer is Anderson Silva without a doubt. Several of his title defenses, the opponent was clearly defeated before the fight even started.

Him destroying Rich's face to win the title really put fear into people.

That dude had other dudes having nightmares about him, and peeing the bed lol.
Yup, I love Forest Griffin but that guy had the fear of God in his eyes the night they fought lol.

"matrix Silva" is just honorable mention... pffft

Last edited:
c69s6pm8ksd91.jpg
yeah, but the dude who had to put this together, I totally UNDERSTAND his thought process, this guy was blitzing and destroying..it was like...yeah who? ..Mike Tyson of MMA? ...I mean this 19 year old fighter in the UFC was a scary ass dude and his energy level...Randy Humbled Vitor...but still it was so close, Vitor was close but lost to randy and thats no shame.

Last edited:
Back