Who should Jiri fight next?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ankalaev should fight for the LHW title next. That's obvious.

I really don't wanna see the rematch with Poatan.
I don't see how it would be any different than the first fight.

Poatan ate all of Jiri's best shots without being hurt. His chin is clearly much better at LHW. While, it takes only one from Poatan to end the fight.

Maybe a fight with Jan Blachowicz makes sense now?
That actually might be a good fight considering that Poatan wasn't able to finish Jan and that he has better wrestling than both Poatan and Jiri.

Jiri is fighting Poatan.

reasons?
Ankalaev does not deserve title shot - His last title chance which was given to him was pathetic fight.
He is trying to dictate where and when fight should happen
Fought only 1 fighter from top 5 and it was freaking draw and disgusting fight

Also how makes sense fight with Blachowicz when Blacho is out and Jiri is ready to fight? In worst scenario Jiri will fight with Ankalaev first and iam 1000% sure that he is going to KO Ankalaev.... 1000% sure.

BTW Poatan ate all Jiri shots without being hurt? Did u even watch fight? Pereira was rocked atleast 2 times...and one of them right before he countered Jiri.

jiri needs another win before he gets a shot at the title again. he didnt look good in his last fight and hasnt learned anything from the poatan fight. he still thinks he can eat leg kicks.

he is basically still an entertaining brawler with too many holes in his game. good and entertaining, but needs to get another win before a shot at the title. let him fight jamahal hill, they were supposed to fight anyway

Jiri is fighting Poatan.

reasons?
Ankalaev does not deserve title shot - His last title chance which was given to him was pathetic fight.

Also how makes sense fight with Blachowicz when Blacho is out and Jiri is ready to fight? In worst scenario Jiri will fight with Ankalaev first and iam 1000% sure that he is going to KO Ankalaev.... 1000% sure.

BTW Poatan ate all Jiri shots without being hurt? Did u even watch fight? Pereira was rocked atleast 2 times...and one of them right before he countered Jiri.
You sound very biased.

If others were 100% sure too they have booked Jiri vs Ank by now to send Ank to the back of the line.

Agreed on all 3 points.

Add in that Ankalaev has won only 1 of his last 3 fights, and it's pretty clear he needs to actually put in at least one single high level performance before he starts demanding title shots in Abu Dhabi or whatever other terms he feel will suit him best.

Magomed Ankalaev's career is being over-managed, and one win over Johnny Walker? lulz, no.

Ankalaev fumbled on three occasions so far:
1) when it took him 3 rounds to switch his brain on against Jan to finally score a draw.
2) when he somehow got a miraculous NC instead of a DQ loss against Walker for an illegal knee.
3) when he tried to dictate the time and place of a title fight with Alex.

The guy needs to stfu and fight. He suffered no damage in those fights against Walker, he should have jumped at the opportunity to fight for the belt.
I would actually prefer to see Alex-Ank, but I guess we’re getting Alex-Jiri 2 and Ankalaev has only himself and his management to blame for it.

I love that people are counting Jiri out in a rematch. It’s they she havent watched him fight. The guys a psycho. Jiri actually believe that crazy shit he says. He’s scary. Yes he could absolutely get KOed again and maybe will, but counting him out is silly. I don’t think Poatan wants the fight.

That said to answer TS question that title shot rematch should be his next fight.

You sound very biased.

If others were 100% sure too they have booked Jiri vs Ank by now to send Ank to the back of the line.
Iam fan of Jiri...true. But i did not mention anything different than facts. Do you want hear stuff after u can say that iam biased?...stuff which is not publicly known?

- Jiri accepted fight with Poatan in shortnotice, with serious infection in his body and after just one week of "camp". And it wasnt even real camp. He literally flied to Iceland to make videos for his sponsor and in meantime trained in Gunnar Nelson's gym. During this "camp" Jiri was offered short notice fight with Poatan. He could have decline, but then he wouldnt have right to fight for title next... So he accepted. Probably stupid decision...but its what Jiri used to do. Like he was ready to fight Glover with one hand after his arm injury. - UFC stuff did not let him.

So in summary Jiri was after serious arm injury - not fully healed at the time. With infenction as well and without training camp. Still showed good performance and in my opinion was close to finish. Sadly he forced stuff and did not listen to his coaches. - His main coach was yelling on him to take Poatan down after he rocked him...but Jiri went in and caught left hook counter. - Then after knockdown Jiri had underhook on Pereira's left hand and was still defending himself, but Goddard stopped the fight.

But Jiri does not deserve rematch and have no chance vs Pereira...right?

Weird how people are dodging the fact Ankalaev hasn't lost a fight in a long time and is a more interesting matchup for Pereira. Jiri lost to Pereira 1 fight ago. I'd rather see fresh matchups for Pereira unless Jiri is the only fight they can put together.

I love that people are counting Jiri out in a rematch. It’s they she havent watched him fight. The guys a psycho. Jiri actually believe that crazy shit he says. He’s scary. Yes he could absolutely get KOed again and maybe will, but counting him out is silly. I don’t think Poatan wants the fight.

That said to answer TS question that title shot rematch should be his next fight.

MMA is a sport where people often struggle to envision anything but a direct repeat.

I'm certainly not counting Jiri out.

I don't think it will be anything like the first fight.

Iam fan of Jiri...true. But i did not mention anything different than facts. Do you want hear stuff after u can say that iam biased?...stuff which is not publicly known?

- Jiri accepted fight with Poatan in shortnotice, with serious infection in his body and after just one week of "camp". And it wasnt even real camp. He literally flied to Iceland to make videos for his sponsor and in meantime trained in Gunnar Nelson's gym. During this "camp" Jiri was offered short notice fight with Poatan. He could have decline, but then he wouldnt have right to fight for title next... So he accepted. Probably stupid decision...but its what Jiri used to do. Like he was ready to fight Glover with one hand after his arm injury. - UFC stuff did not let him.

So in summary Jiri was after serious arm injury - not fully healed at the time. With infenction as well and without training camp. Still showed good performance and in my opinion was close to finish. Sadly he forced stuff and did not listen to his coaches. - His main coach was yelling on him to take Poatan down after he rocked him...but Jiri went in and caught left hook counter. - Then after knockdown Jiri had underhook on Pereira's left hand and was still defending himself, but Goddard stopped the fight.

But Jiri does not deserve rematch and have no chance vs Pereira...right?
Your bias is screaming at me man. I didn’t even talk about the Alex fight I literally mentioned and responded to your take on him 100% KOing Ank.

Don’t let the Alex loss haunt you. It seems to be living rent free in your sir

Saying bad stoppage even though Jiri himself said good stoppage lol

Jiri should be fighting me for the Intercontinental Sherdog Belt. I promise to go easy on him and make it very competitive. I would even take a dive for $500,000. I would allow him to have a highlight for the ESPN reel later in which I would let him have a Submission for $750,000 or if he and his camp would prefer a KO victory, that would cost just a cool $1,000,000.

Jiri should be fighting me for the Intercontinental Sherdog Belt. I promise to go easy on him and make it very competitive. I would even take a dive for $500,000. I would allow him to have a highlight for the ESPN reel later in which I would let him have a Submission for $750,000 or if he and his camp would prefer a KO victory, that would cost just a cool $1,000,000.
Troll post unless you aren’t really a sherdogger.

How are you going to overcome TKOing him at touch of gloves or prevent him for submitting to strikes via your chin to fist combo while trying to sell his KO win for that highlight?

Ur really nice

Back