Why do you live in your state?

Xoleth

You're only winning if someone is losing.
@Black
Reaction score
I've noticed that Americans change their state quite often.

California, Texas, Florida, NY, Pennsylvania, Illinois are the most populated, from what I see.
Places like Alaska or Wyoming have the smallest population density.
I guess nobody wants to live in Alaska, because it is colder than a witch's tit.

So

1. Do you live in the state you have been born or decided to move?

2. Why did you move to your actual state? What do you like about your state?

3. How cheap would it be for someone to move to a state that mostly nobody wants to move into?
For example, Louisiana and Mississippi are the least desired states, from what I've read.

4. Are you a Texas kind of person or a California kind?

1. I was born in FL but live in GA.
2. I grew up here and it's a nice place to live.
3. Well the average price of a house in MS is roughly $171k. That's way below the national average of $495k.
4. Texas.

I live in NY State and grew up here until I was in high school. Recently moved back because my parents live here and need help with things from time to time since they are in their 80s. If they didn't live here I would not have moved back. I don't know anyone here anymore and the taxes suck. It is a beautiful state however and I enjoy the change of seasons. When they eventually pass I'm outta here most likely.

Despite the expensive moniker that states like NY and CA get if you are willing to live out in a small town or rural area there are a lot of affordable places.

And I am neither Texas or California kind of person.

I live in Ca because I was born here. Work on the beach and love the mountains away from the cities. Gonna live here the rest of my life hopefully move to the lower Sierra to ride dirtbikes. Ca is beautiful away from the cities

I'm not the stereotypical liberal Ca person
20240107_112129.jpg

Last edited:
What is your definition of a California person?
I got a sneaky suspicious that most people are pretty ignorant about what most "California people" are really like, theres a lot more to this state than the two major cities

I moved to eastern germany to study creative writing, only good university in germany that's not private here. Didn't work like intented tho, haha. Still working in that field a bit but no money at all.

Fuck it. No regrets.

Last edited:
I live in the California Bay Area because its my home and I love it here, it was a beautiful, amazing place to grow up and it still has so much to offer and enjoy every day but at the same time it really sucks to see what its becoming and I know will most likely only get worse
I truly never want to leave this place but the skyrocketing cost of living compared to the plummeting quality of life...

What is your definition of a California person?
I got a sneaky suspicious that most people are pretty ignorant about what most "California people" are really like, theres a lot more to this state than the two major cities
All I know is that Old Pete lives in California, and by God, that's alright with me.

Because Texas is the greatest place on earth (in my humble opinion of course). I love the people, the wide open plains, the sunsets, and the copious amount of architecture work at the moment

Michigan, grew up here, still here. I'm about 4 miles from Lake Michigan, and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for Cali or Tx

Many many generations ago, stupid assholes in my familial ancestory got off a boat and said:

"yeah, fuck it, right here will due.
Who needs to venture to where it is warm and pleasant?
Let's stay here where it is cold and overpopulated."

And I currently depend on the descendants of those particular assholes to watch my kids from time to time or drive them home from soccer.

Last edited:
I spent most of my life in ohio then I crossed the river and now live in Kentucky. Personally I don't really care where I live. I can travel anytime I feel the need to do or see something. I live a good life here though. Nice home safe area acres of land. I will say though as I get older winter does suck more and more

I live in the California Bay Area because its my home and I love it here, it was a beautiful, amazing place to grow up and it still has so much to offer and enjoy every day but at the same time it really sucks to see what its becoming and I know will most likely only get worse
I truly never want to leave this place but the skyrocketing cost of living compared to the plummeting quality of life...
Too much gentrification?

I live in Ca because I was born here. Work on the beach and love the mountains away from the cities. Gonna live here the rest of my life hopefully move to the lower Sierra to ride dirtbikes. Ca is beautiful away from the cities

I'm not the stereotypical liberal Ca person
View attachment 1022268
2 strokes in califonia? I thought for sure you’d be given life in prison for that. I would see the guys on their dual sports in the hills around th Lake Hughes area where I used to spend a lot of time.

2 strokes in califonia? I thought for sure you’d be given life in prison for that. I would see the guys on their dual sports in the hills around th Lake Hughes area where I used to spend a lot of time.

2021 was supposed to be the last model year you can register a 2 stroke here in Ca so I went out and bought 3 new bikes. Model year 2021 and older are grandfathered in for registration now.

Back