Why do you live in your state?

Almost all my family is here like well over 60 of us. We get together a lot do surprise parties during Xmas. I’d move but I’m not leaving my family. Even the ones who do move their number one complaint is how they miss all the get togethers.

2021 was supposed to be the last model year you can register a 2 stroke here in Ca so I went out and bought 3 new bikes. Model year 2021 and older are grandfathered in for registration now.
How you been bro have you had a chance to ride Laguna Seca track again? You still ride street bikes too?

1. Do you live in the state you have been born or decided to move?

Yes, and yes, I moved and then came back.

2. Why did you move to your actual state? What do you like about your state?

Education and to stand on my own to feet, exploration.

What I like about my county is less people, beautiful countryside, relatively wealthier inhabitants, kinder people, more established populations. Access to hills, woods, sea. One of the top 5 hospitals in the country minutes away.

3. How cheap would it be for someone to move to a state that mostly nobody wants to move into?
For example, Louisiana and Mississippi are the least desired states, from what I've read.

I think you can do it for free and live homeless.

4. Are you a Texas kind of person or a California kind?

A solid mixture of both. Conservative liberal.

I moved from Chicago to California because Illinois weather and geography sucks. Plus people are pretty miserable there.

California is expensive but I don't want to be anywhere else. The mountains, the beach, the vibe, the weather, etc.

My wife has been threatening to move back to upstate New York where her family is because she hates her job and misses her family. If push comes to shove, Im not going with her.

I was born here. My family and friends are all here. It’s California. It’s great no matter what a bunch of hard-ons who have never been here write in the war room.

I was born in Georgia and lived there all of two weeks. Dad was in the army at the time and soon to be sent to Vietnam for 9 months. I don't remember the drive but before being sent over seas we drove to the state of Oregon where I stayed with my grandparents for those 9 months.

Well, I live in Florida now. this is the second time I've lived in the sunshine state. My parents live here, and when I was looking to move away from cold, high crime, high tax Illinois i moved to Florida not far from my folks. I suppose there is more to the story but that is the basics.

It depends upon location I imagine. Where I live it is expensive to live here. If I were to move 20 miles away housing costs are considerably less costly. We were just talking about that this morning. If we moved to a new community outside of town costs are around 1/2 less but homes are smaller, and time to travel for picking up food, or going to a restaurant, etc, is an extra 20 to 30 minute drive.

I lived in California as a child and have fond memories of those times. I'm afraid now though the place I remember is no longer there. California has changed considerably since my youth. I've not been to Texas, other than to fly into Dallas to switch planes. i imagine I'd prefer Texas over California today.

I've noticed that Americans change their state quite often.

California, Texas, Florida, NY, Pennsylvania, Illinois are the most populated, from what I see.
Places like Alaska or Wyoming have the smallest population density.
I guess nobody wants to live in Alaska, because it is colder than a witch's tit.

So

3. How cheap would it be for someone to move to a state that mostly nobody wants to move into?
For example, Louisiana and Mississippi are the least desired states, from what I've read.

I moved out of the state I was born in when I went off to college.

After teaching overseas for a number of years, it was simply time to come home as my parents and in-laws transition from being seniors to being elderly. I wasn't done moving, so we decided to move to the state my wife is from.

Look at Zillow for your answer.

I think Texas would be more affordable. But the college system in CA is quite good. So, both have pluses and minuses

Everything here is free as long as less than $950 cost.

i was born here ( CA )
I want to leave but doesnt seem like other states are any better.

Not a state, but I've always worked in airports and thus, I've moved fairly close to them, for commutes sake.

So work, nothing more.

I live in Ca because I was born here. Work on the beach and love the mountains away from the cities. Gonna live here the rest of my life hopefully move to the lower Sierra to ride dirtbikes. Ca is beautiful away from the cities

I'm not the stereotypical liberal Ca person
View attachment 1022268

Beautiful bikes. Is the Husky yours?

Southeastern Pennsylvania is awesome; I live one hour, give or take, from:

The beach, the mountains, and NYC.

New Mexico. Born and raised. Staying here because my field pays relatively well compared to other states. However, we do have high drug use and crime rates. I fucking hate the weather during the summer months though. I'd someday like to move up north.

My corner of the state is culturally closer to Texas than the rest of New Mexico tbh (more conservative people, blue-collar economy, etc).

It's a double-edged sword because Californians are avoiding this state due to those same high crime rates and no beaches, thank God. I don't think I've ever met a person from California that I liked.

I've noticed that Americans change their state quite often.

California, Texas, Florida, NY, Pennsylvania, Illinois are the most populated, from what I see.
Places like Alaska or Wyoming have the smallest population density.
I guess nobody wants to live in Alaska, because it is colder than a witch's tit.

So

Montana

1. Moved here 12 years ago.

2. To escape a metro area. At the time Montana aligned with my Libertarian politics, by being pretty centrist and focused on individual liberty. Polarization hit Montana hard during COVID and turned our purple state decidedly red. It's not awful, but I dont like it much. Also an avid backpacker, flyfisherman, hunter, etc.

3. The town I moved to in Montana, you USED to be able to get a livable house for 120k pr less. Bought my small house for 97.5

4. "Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans talk about Texas." ~Steinbeck. Fuck Texas, future blue state at this point. California can suck a nut too.

Last edited:
Eh, it's really not so much a matter of the state as it is the specific region of said state. Most of Arizona can get fucked for all I care. Nothing but lizards, boomers, and tweakers. Northern AZ however, up in the mountains, is one of the absolutely most beautiful parts of the country. I love the thin, crisp air. I love the vast pine forests. I love the view of the snow-capped mountaintops that last most of the year.

Yeah te250i and the ktm 350 xcf in the back is mine. The ktm 150 xcw is my wife's bike. Also have a 300 and my wife has a 200 smoker aswell as klx140rf
Is it a good woods bike? I've always been a Yamaha guy but I'm looking to try something different. But I want to stay 2 stroke.

Is it a good woods bike? I've always been a Yamaha guy but I'm looking to try something different. But I want to stay 2 stroke.

Yes the te250i would be a great woods bike. It has a wide powerband and can lug good.

I think the te300i would be a great woods bike also. The 300s practically ride themselves, run flawlessly, and you almost cant stall them.

what bike are you riding right now?

I have always been interested in the yz250x.

I have owned many Yamahas also

Only have a streetbike right now, FZ8. Last woods bike was the yz 250 modded for better trail manners. Also considering the X.

Back