Television When SNL is funny

When andy samberg left snl is when it stopped being funny around 2012.

Glad to see Nate Bargatze is getting more recognition. Dude's hilarious.

SNL has had so many great skits over the years but it's nowhere near its peak imho. Late 80s to around 2000 were great, especially the Will Ferrell years. Also, it's humorous and sad that so many people that let their political biases get in the way of appreciating comedy.
Even more impressive is his comedy is completely clean. Definitely a very talented comedian.

As long as I have been alive, SNL fans have always been complaining that the show used to be funnier.

The real challenge to the show is that the distribution system is fundamentally changing. SNL started when network tv was dominant and flourished throughout the cable era. The cable era is ending (total US cable subscriptions have dropped by 1/3 and continue to plummet). What is the future model for these types of expensive mass market oriented comedy shows?

Even more impressive is his comedy is completely clean. Definitely a very talented comedian.

Yeah he's clean and doesn't talk about politics or any of that stuff. Anyone from any background can watch his shows and enjoy them. He's a nice change of pace from most comics these days.

Hardly an original idea for a sketch. Quite poorly written. Several of the punchlines weren't exactly punchy. Why get someone so wooden for Washington?

Crap.

Or, in other words, SNL.

Season is actually off to a solid start.
Davidson’s episode was fun. As a longtime fan of the show, I really enjoy when former cast members are back to host. Usually has a cool vibe to it since the host knows the drill and- in cases where it’s not many years removed- worked with some of the people many times before.

Bad Bunny episodes and Nate Bargatze episode were quite funny.

Nate was great. I thought maybe he seemed a bit uncomfortable early on but he sure hit his stride. This was the best sketch of the night.

there was another funny one I enjoyed where Chloe Fineman and Devon Walker were a couple where the wife is going into labor on a plane and when they ask for a doctor, they instead get a debate among the passengers about what is the next most important job after doctors.

Nate really sold it.

I usually only watch Weekend Update from SNL now.

Che and Jost have been at the update desk for nine years now. Insane. By far the record holders for longest run in that role. And their dynamic is great. Hope they stick around.

Also, it's humorous and sad that so many people that let their political biases get in the way of appreciating comedy.

It’s even sadder that so many people let their political biases get in the way of creating comedy. I stopped watching after their cold openings became unfunny liberal propaganda.

I mean, just check out this hilarious sketch of when SNL tried to delegitimize and subvert the results of the 2016 election by lobbying electoral college electors to change their votes in order to deny Donald Trump the presidency. It was embarrassing for SNL to air something this cringeworthy.

Davidson’s episode was fun. As a longtime fan of the show, I really enjoy when former cast members are back to host. Usually has a cool vibe to it since the host knows the drill and- in cases where it’s not many years removed- worked with some of the people many times before.

Nate was great. I thought maybe he seemed a bit uncomfortable early on but he sure hit his stride. This was the best sketch of the night.

there was another funny one I enjoyed where Chloe Fineman and Devon Walker were a couple where the wife is going into labor on a plane and when they ask for a doctor, they instead get a debate among the passengers about what is the next most important job after doctors.

Nate really sold it.

Yes the airplane one was also funny, this guy is hilarious

upload_2023-10-30_23-9-9.png

Jenna Ortega was funny on SNL but I can't sit through the news desk segment anymore it is left wing propaganda all the time disguised as "jokes"

Glad to see Nate Bargatze is getting more recognition. Dude's hilarious.

SNL has had so many great skits over the years but it's nowhere near its peak imho. Late 80s to around 2000 were great, especially the Will Ferrell years. Also, it's humorous and sad that so many people that let their political biases get in the way of appreciating comedy.
it is also humorous and sad that so many people let their political biases get in the way of DOING comedy.

Nate really sold it.
I thought Bad Bunny did a great job for a non-actor

It’s even sadder that so many people let their political biases get in the way of creating comedy. I stopped watching after their cold openings became unfunny liberal propaganda.

I mean, just check out this hilarious sketch of when SNL tried to delegitimize and subvert the results of the 2016 election by lobbying electoral college electors to change their votes in order to deny Donald Trump the presidency. It was embarrassing for SNL to air something this cringeworthy.

Lol at trying to subvert the results of the 2016 election. Yeah no shit they lean left but anyone that's actually swayed by that is a twit. I don't really watch it anymore but I couldn't care any less about stuff like that.

it is also humorous and sad that so many people let their political biases get in the way of DOING comedy.

Do your own work, son.

Back