News Haney vs Ryan García DAZN PPV Golden Boy April 20th @ Barclays

Ryan reminds me of my delusional mania experiences (Bipolar disorder). Can't diagnose a man from a video but collectively he seems to display similar traits. I hope he gets support. Doubt the boxing world will do that.

Complete disaster from the start. They want to finish that story in proper fashion it's just a cancellation during fight week that's missing.

Ryan reminds me of my delusional mania experiences (Bipolar disorder). Can't diagnose a man from a video but collectively he seems to display similar traits. I hope he gets support. Doubt the boxing world will do that.
the problem is he's been a douchebag pretty much the entire time he's been in the spotlight, which was basically since he turned pro. long before he was showing obvious symptoms of mental issues, he was an unlikable brat. and when you're an obnoxious ass, only the vultures will tolerate your bullshit. i honestly don't think ryan has many people around him who truly look after him, so i doubt there's much support at all. i mean if there was, we probably wouldn't be watching his current meltdowns.

Probably because people are expecting the event to be cancelled at any moment.
Good point. With Ryan appearing so mentally unstable, to where even the commission is concerned, people that buy tickets up until the last minute have to worry about the event being canceled and going through the hassle of getting refunded. This could potentially explain the poor ticket sales.

I'm a casual boxing fan (I'm only interested in like 3-4 boxing fights a year) and I keep forgetting this fight is happening other than seeing crazy Ryan Garcia youtube videos appear on my feed.

The weird shit he's doing/saying actually makes me less interested in the fight because it makes me expect it to be a wash for Devin Haney who's obviously the more dedicated between the 2.

i was talking to a good friend of mine yesterday about upcoming boxing fights and when i mentioned this one he didnt give a shit about it. he's more of a casual boxing fan than i am so take that for whatever its worth.
im not seeing a lot of buzz around the innernets about the fight itself, just lots of articles wondering what kind of mental state Garcia is in currently.

I'm guessing someone overestimated Garcia's ability to draw.
yup, i bet some marketing person saw Garcia's IG page and thought followers would translate into ticket sales.

Garcia’s performance against Tank was lame - that loss certainly doesn’t help

Back