News Haney vs Ryan García DAZN PPV Golden Boy April 20th @ Barclays

No thanks. What has Garcia done to earn this shot?

so ryan garcia's reward for getting KO'd by tank at 136 is to fight for a 140lbs belt?

or is this because he beat duarte at 143?

Bill Haney … the irony of this guy… smh

Hes earned it by not being a pussy and wanting to fight everyone.
And he beat Haney in the amateurs multiple times.
I don't think you made a convincing case. I'm sure lots of fighters would like to just insert themselves into superfights without earning them.

I don't think you made a convincing case. I'm sure lots of fighters would like to just insert themselves into superfights without earning them.
The other guys arent fighting each other.
Thats why hes getting the fights.
Cant get Tank, Shakur, Haney, or Lopez in the ring with each other.
Garcia will fight them, and I think he could KO Haney if he lands.

The other guys arent fighting each other.
Thats why hes getting the fights.
Cant get Tank, Shakur, Haney, or Lopez in the ring with each other.
Garcia will fight them, and I think he could KO Haney if he lands.
How do you know no one would fight Haney? There's no way he's tried to negotiate that fight with any one else.

How do you know no one would fight Haney? There's no way he's tried to negotiate that fight with any one else.
Tank, Shakur, Haney are actively avoiding each other.
Haney did take a shot against Loma, and looked like a complete jackass in the ring and shouldve lost.
But how the hell has Tank, with Floyd and PBC backing him, not gotten anybody in the ring? Cant be money, they have more than enough of that.

Funny that the Instagram Guy will end up fighting Tank and Haney. The only one to have not won a championship, is the one who everyone will fight. Go figure.

How bout Haney or Tank get in there with Teo or Matias and show us how good they actually are.

Wont happen.

so ryan garcia's reward for getting KO'd by tank at 136 is to fight for a 140lbs belt?

or is this because he beat duarte at 143?
Duarte wouldn't have done anything to bolster Garcia's standing. He wasn't even a contender. That was his first step up to world level. If Haney takes this fight, and it looks like he's going to, it'll be because he sees Garcia as easy work and a big payday. They'll assume that Garcia will boost Haney's terrible PPV sales. He will but it's not going to do the kind of buys that Tank vs Garcia did.

Duarte wouldn't have done anything to bolster Garcia's standing. He wasn't even a contender. That was his first step up to world level. If Haney takes this fight, and it looks like he's going to, it'll be because he sees Garcia as easy work and a big payday. They'll assume that Garcia will boost Haney's terrible PPV sales. He will but it's not going to do the kind of buys that Tank vs Garcia did.
ryan, for all his faults, is still a risky fight. i mean, haney should clown him - i wouldn't even be surprised if he stopped him. but garcia has very quick hands, and he packs a serious punch. i don't count him out completely in this fight, and i'll definitely watch it.

i don't particularly like either guy, so as long as someone takes a beating, i'm happy.

I’d watch on DAZN as part of the regular subscription, but this is in no way a PPV fight unless the undercard is stacked, which it won’t be. Probably underperforms badly and leaves Hainey and a weaker position going forward.

ryan, for all his faults, is still a risky fight. i mean, haney should clown him - i wouldn't even be surprised if he stopped him. but garcia has very quick hands, and he packs a serious punch. i don't count him out completely in this fight, and i'll definitely watch it.

i don't particularly like either guy, so as long as someone takes a beating, i'm happy.
Garcia's hands are very quick but he loads up on his hooks. Haney's been a real sucker for the left hook in the past (Linares nailed him with it repeatedly) but he should be able to see it coming since Garcia telegraphs it. That's the only threat that Garcia presents, the power in his left hook. It affords him a puncher's chance but nothing more than that.

At 135 Haney's chin looked a bit suspect but at 140 it looked sturdy against Prograis who is a harder hitter punch-for-punch than Garcia. Probably because he's not draining himself as much (he still rehydrated 25 lbs against Prograis at 140, Haney was 165 on fight night). Another thing to note is that Haney's already been in with several highly athletic fighters with great hand speed (Linares, Loma, Gamboa, etc). So, Garcia's speed in theory will be less of a factor.

Leon Edwards would probably smash Haney. 22-3 MMA record makes you a better boxer than a 31-0 record in boxing. Francis proved that against Fury.

One day if the top boxers ever fight each other the sport might be interesting again. But this is just record padding by someone who's probably garbage. Dude got pieced up by someone half his size last time out and won his titles by beating someone who had a huge one off career high performance. No wonder he won't fight one of the actual threats of the division.

Boring fight don't pay for this. That said....Garcia could actually pull the upset off against this bum. "top boxers" these days are pretty bad. Just last year I saw Rollie get owned by a grandpa they pulled out of the crowd. Same dude who gave Tank a run for his money and that's the dude Haney is scared of? SMH!

Leon Edwards would probably smash Haney. 22-3 MMA record makes you a better boxer than a 31-0 record in boxing. Francis proved that against Fury.

One day if the top boxers ever fight each other the sport might be interesting again. But this is just record padding by someone who's probably garbage. Dude got pieced up by someone half his size last time out and won his titles by beating someone who had a huge one off career high performance. No wonder he won't fight one of the actual threats of the division.

Boring fight don't pay for this. That said....Garcia could actually pull the upset off against this bum. "top boxers" these days are pretty bad. Just last year I saw Rollie get owned by a grandpa they pulled out of the crowd. Same dude who gave Tank a run for his money and that's the dude Haney is scared of? SMH!
Lol, whose troll account is this?

we got a real boxing aficionado here, fellas.

Back