Izzy got lucky in the last Periera fight. He was losing convincingly, the worst he has ever looked against Alex.

I dont think it was luck. Ofc these guys throw a lot of well timed punches but some hit forearms, gloves, whatever, but dont end up landing where the puncher wanted them to
Izzy is a pretty decent counterstriker tho, he landed that same shot in their first mma fight

That said, yeah, alex was chopping his legs and i honestly believe if that punch didnt land izzy would have waaaaay more chances of being finished within that round

I dont think it was luck. Ofc these guys throw a lot of well timed punches but some hit forearms, gloves, whatever, but dont end up landing where the puncher wanted them to
Izzy is a pretty decent counterstriker tho, he landed that same shot in their first mma fight

That said, yeah, alex was chopping his legs and i honestly believe if that punch didnt land izzy would have waaaaay more chances of being finished within that round

All true and well said.

One thing to consider though, and its a big one - Izzy and his team made a point to say they were going to use Alex's aggression against him. Izzy knew that Alex would lean in for the kill and leave himself exposed and he made the most of it.

Alex is 100% the kill or be killed type of dude, he is willing to take risks for the finish. That makes for an exciting style but can also be complete disaster like we saw against an elite counter striker.

Both guys put on really fun fights together. The sport is better for Alex having joined MMA.

While I agree that Alex was chewing him up, especially with the leg kicks, I will disagree with the ending being pure luck.

Alex had started to get a bit too comfortable in a couple of the exchanges prior, and was dropping his hands before and after throwing combos.

Izzy kept his hands up, and timed those hands drops of Alex perfectly with a counter that shut his lights out.

It wasn't luck, but seeing and acting on a pattern.

Hopefully Alex corrects that if a fourth fight does occur.
It was a set up. He tried to do it a lot with Strickland and Strickland was able to avoid the counter.

That counter was the response to Alex cornering Izzy like he did in their first bout.

Pretty sure Izzy has won more total rounds in all their fights lol. Can't really pull the "winning before they lost" card
And didn't Izzy win the first round of that second fight?

So basically Izzy got lucky because Alex had a good 2nd round before Izzy played possum and stiffened him Lol

Adesanya won the only round they completed in the second fight on all three scorecards. If you are making it look easy you won't be losing any rounds, you'll rather be winning them 10-8.

Pereira only won one round on the acorecards in their first fight as well so to sum up their MMA contests they are 1-1 in KOs and Izzy is up 4-1 in scored rounds.

Yes he was lucky, playing possum my ass, he put on a hail mary.

I agree TS, on the back foot against the cage, threw the hail mary and scored.

Also helped Poatan is drained at 185

Pereira was losing badly to Adesanya though before he knocked Adesanya out. Then in the rematch, Adesanya was losign until the KO. I will never understand people's obsession with other people - fighters, teams, presidents, etc. Don't go full retard, yet so many go full retard like in this thread.

I still count that fight as a win for Alex. Besides the end of the fight, Alex was dominating and he had Izzy hurt on multiple occasions. Izzy also ducked the 3rd MMA fight.
this makes zero sense.. Alex lost 4 of the 5 round that were scored in MMA, including the 1st round of the 2nd fight on all 3 scorecards, yet you count it as a win by losing the only round and getting slept... interesting way to look at fights... said no one EVER..

I wanna see if Izzy has the balls to go to 205 and fight Poatan.

Izzy lands a defensive blind haymaker with his eyes closed which just happens to KOs Alex, while he's getting tuned up real good on the fence while losing the fight in a similar manner to the first one...

Looks a bit scripted, with the UFC now merging with WWE, it's possible

iu

You could also say that Pereira got lucky in their first UFC bout because he was losing convincingly on the cards and needed a KO to win as well…

To be fair Izzy was winning against Pereira in their first MMA bout. He pulled off a comeback to be up 3-0

lmfao how could you count someone getting KTFO as a win??? are you kidding
It also wasn't that dominant. Izzy ate a lot of low kicks and they were definitely starting to take effect, but he was also doing some pretty good work of his own throughout. It was pretty competitive.

That was Izzy’s worst performance against Alex and it is the only one which he won. I had him winning the first fight, he was outclassing Perreira who needed to be saved by the standing count in the second and he was handily winning in the third fight.

HE LOST ALL 3 OF THOSE. Go figure. Only one which he won is the only one where Perreira looked like a better fighter (imho). We can chalk it up to many factors, but it is what it is.

Back