Max is a tougher matchup for Ilia

Max is a tougher matchup for Ilia than Volk imo.
Max is a boxing based fighter himself, with a huge reach advantage and a great chin as well.

Max could give Topuria tons of problems. And I wouldn't give Ilia much of a shot to win a decision, he'd have to finish Max.

I'd favor Holloway heavily. Am I wrong?

Volkanovski got the better of Holloway in the stand up, so....

Max is a boxing based fighter himself, with a huge reach advantage and a great chin as well.

Max could give Topuria tons of problems. And I wouldn't give Ilia much of a shot to win a decision, he'd have to finish Max.

Bro why just why hate on this young great Matador. He beats max and finishes him.

Dude ilia is my childhood friend and please shut up :D ilia started greco roman wrestling first then jitsu at 15 years old ilia is high level grappler/wrestler who can box if he need he will wrestlefuck anyone in division
thats not what they said during the prefight... i am trying to remember who said it... But it was 10000000% said

They both have 69 inch reach according to a quick Google search. Max is taller which he can still use too, but the strict reach seems to be the same.

This is a bad take, this fight cemented that Ilia steamrolls Max anyway he wants

Ilia will be able to ragdoll him in wrestling (Max was having a mid off wrestling exchanges with YAIR)

Ilia will simply destroy his body, how's his chin gonna help there?

Max also got rocked by the ghost of TKZ who wasn't even trying to win the fight. He is very easy to hit, his chin is decaying and will die against Topuria. Gaethje will also demolish whatever is left of his chin. It's over for old timers.

He is taller and fights long. Do u even watch broski?

He is taller, but just admit, that you forgot that Max has exactly the same reach as Topuria.
Max defense is less good than Volk's, he will eat some heavy punches against Topuria.
Also will get leg kicked more.
And Topuria has the advantage of the takedown threat
If Max wins, he does on his great chin. But I doubt it.

Reactions: mkt
No he is not! You people still not get it? At least fucking google! Ilia is wrestler first not boxer he can ragdoll and sub max anytime any place or he can ko him if he wants. stop just stop

Kinda makes it look bad for the “wrestler first” that he got held down for two minutes by the farm boy wrassler Bryce Mitchell.

Kinda makes it look bad for the “wrestler first” that he got held down for two minutes by the farm boy wrassler Bryce Mitchell.
Lol it was one minute and the end of the round which Ilia won anyway, there is no point in try to waste energy he was just chilling there

Also Bryce is a way better wrestler and grappler than Max so this is pointless

Reactions: mkt

Max does NOT have any reach advantage. Look it up. SMFH

Dude... do you realize how ridiculous you sound.. Max has fought everyone and has never even been staggered.. you are wrong actually .. He started in jits at the age of 4.. started wrestling after that..
He has been staggered, Poirier, Volk and Zombie rocked him

Max is looking slower now, but who knows what will happen to him in the JG match

Topuria would take Max out easily. It'd be over within 2 rounds.

Max's boxing or wrestling isn't anywhere near the level of Topuria's.

Pre-Gaethje Max? Yes.
Post-Gaethje Max? No.

Max and Topuria have the same reach...69 inches.

No he is not! You people still not get it? At least fucking google! Ilia is wrestler first not boxer he can ragdoll and sub max anytime any place or he can ko him if he wants. stop just stop
Doesn’t matter what he started with, Aldo beat Cobrinha in BJJ twice, never really looked good at BJJ in MMA (at a UFC level).

If he tried to wrestle max he would gas out like he did against Yousuff Zalal, holding on for a 2-1 victory.

I do believe he can beat Max with boxing and I think he’d crack his chin.

Back