Max is a tougher matchup for Ilia

giphy.gif

Max>Volk>Aldo when it comes to durability.

People talking about two fighters having the same reach when one fighter is like a half foot taller don’t understand how range is utilized.

Rob Font had a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Sandhagen but guess who fought longer and used range better? The guy that was 4-5 inches taller. Frankie Edgar had nearly the same reach as Sandhagen…….

Volk was countered the overall length of Max with speed. This wasn’t chinny slowish Volk coming off injuries, losses, recent brutal KO’s and aging Volk. This was peak Volk that was fast and sharp af…. I’m not sure this Volk would have beat the Max from the first two fights.

I’d wanna see if for no other reason than to see Ilia’s power vs Max’s durability.

Stylistically tho, it’s def interesting imo. Im sure Ilia would mix in more leg kicks vs Max, and he’d be wise to cus I think Max has a really good chance vs anybody w a boxing-centric style and somewhat predictable offense. His footwork and pace vs Ilia’s calculated pressure sounds like a great watch regardless of outcome

I think that Topuria finishes Max. Look how he solved Volk: he was getting outpointed on the outside, so he boxed his way inside and caught Volk with a tight hook as he was reaching for the plum. It took him one round. btw: Max's reach 69", Tuporia's 69"

Ilia stops Max within 3 rounds if that fight ever happens

Also Max will not be the same after Justin destroys him at UFC 300

Yeah, classic UFC kangaroo matchmaking at it again fucking everything up. Max has been clear #2 at FW and de facto champion and would be a great matchup for Topueria, yet they have him fighting a useless BMF belt fight nobody asked for that he’ll probably lose and rack up even more mileage on his already relatively young career

Congrats UFC, fucking goofs

People talking about two fighters having the same reach when one fighter is like a half foot taller don’t understand how range is utilized.

Rob Font had a 2.5 inch reach advantage on Sandhagen but guess who fought longer and used range better? The guy that was 4-5 inches taller. Frankie Edgar had nearly the same reach as Sandhagen…….

Volk was countered the overall length of Max with speed. This wasn’t chinny slowish Volk coming off injuries, losses, recent brutal KO’s and aging Volk. This was peak Volk that was fast and sharp af…. I’m not sure this Volk would have beat the Max from the first two fights.
its comedy right....

I think that Topuria finishes Max. Look how he solved Volk: he was getting outpointed on the outside, so he boxed his way inside and caught Volk with a tight hook as he was reaching for the plum. It took him one round. btw: Max's reach 69", Tuporia's 69"
OMG.. just cause they have the same reach doesnt matter... Max is the taller fighter and could use range..

I called the Volk fight to a tee. I'd been saying this since before the Islam rematch even, although that gave me more confidence in Topuria. That being said I think the Max that fought Allen can beat him. Styles make fights.

Unfortunately for us we have the stupid BMF fight that means nothing and will likely diminish Max in some fashion.

Prime Max - yes. Current corps of Max - no.

After Holloway vs. Gaethje, Max is is up next.

I hope Gaethje doesn't 'Tony Ferguson' Max. I want Max to reclaim the FW strap and retire.

If Volk didn't chase the LW strap he could have gotten his instant rematch.

Or even better... Max gets the strap and defends against O'Malley.

Perfect.

damn-daniel-black-man-shaking-fi96xgp84dmmszlr.gif

You're going to assume that volk is not getting a rematch? Lmao

we should know better by now, it's like NBA street, you gotta win by 2

Lost to Islam.

Got KO'd by Islam.

Got KO'd by Topuria.

1-3 in his last 4.

He defended his title 5X
He showed up with 11 days notice for 294 helping save a card that was falling apart (bonus points with UFC execs)
2 of the 3 losses were OUTSIDE of his weight class and one on short notice
13-1 in his weight class in the UFC

Back